AZOffaly

Two 'f's, one 'l'. Offaly.

We're shit now, but we have All Irelands, so have a bit of respect.   ;D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 21, 2017, 10:16:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2017, 10:12:51 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 21, 2017, 09:50:24 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on May 21, 2017, 09:32:16 PM
A few mates and myself are talking about heading down to the Munster hurling final this year. Any idea of the venue?
Pairc ui Chaoimh

So it will be ready?? Think I'm away.. what date?
9th July. I think they've confirmed open in June.
Finals confirmed as NOT there now as handover delayed until mid - July.

http://www.gaa.ie/news/pairc-chaoimh-reopen-mid-july/

Kilkevan

Cork are so hungry and their defence in particular is very strong. Enjoyable game, the only thing spoiling it is Barry Kelly making  hames of things are usual and tempers getting frayed as a result. The fare these two are serving up today deserves better than his standard of officiating.

seafoid

It looks like Cork are going to win Munster.  Qualifiers will be super interesting. KK Tipp and Déise can't all make it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Kilkevan

If Cork can keep this level of intensity up all summer, and they're young enough to do so, they will go very close to an All Ireland. I felt Waterford were better than the scoreline suggested but they froze a bit when Cork got back in front after the goal. The qualifiers will be fascinating with three of most people's four favourites for the semis pre-championship hoping for favourable draws.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 18, 2017, 05:37:10 PM
It looks like Cork are going to win Munster.  Qualifiers will be super interesting. KK Tipp and Déise can't all make it.

Clare not turning up?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kilkevan

RTÉ keep talking about the hurling qualifier draw tomorrow but my understanding is it's not until a week tomorrow because Laois could beat Carlow and they can't then play Westmeath whereas Carlow could.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2017, 05:52:41 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 18, 2017, 05:37:10 PM

Clare not turning up?
Cork have the momentum
Unless Tony Kelly turns up
https://youtu.be/Kb92tJkSmrw

johnneycool

Cork can now defend with a little bit of the dark arts thrown in for good measure, Diarmuid must be finally getting through to them that the early nudge/flick/slap will work wonders under a high ball.....

They were the hungrier, faster, slicker team yesterday with Waterford's touch being slightly out, more missed lifts, catches and so forth, not to mention the horrendous shooting, 17 odd wides IIRC. Supporting Waterford must be even more frustrating that supporting Galway as even with their poor display they could have won it even if they didn't deserve to albeit Stephen O'Keffe pulled off some great saves. Big Maurice, apart from being a greedy bollox was causing problems for Cahalane but didn't get enough ball in on top of him and when they did finally start doing it he was surrounded by half the Cork team.
Harnedy shows up when Lehane struggles and Horgan is now showing the hurler he should be now that he's no longer the main man. Coleman in right half back is looking like the real deal and can take the hits when they come this way and along with ellis and Joyce look a solid enough outfit, but you'd still like to see them tested under the high ball.

Clare up next and Cork will go in as favourites, Clare will be pacey enough up front, but their defence might be a bit supsect, but Clare will fancy this one as well.
That takes me back to meeting an auld Galway lad on the Templemore road in Thurles back in the late 90's when Clare were still in their pomp up against a young, unknown Cork team. He spotted the northern reg car and made his way over for a chat. After the usual formalities about northern hurling he asked us who was going to win, we were all Clare supporters and he just gave a wry smile and his words have stuck with me ever since, "Clare are coming up hoping to win, Cork are here expecting to win" and he was proved right.

seafoid

Waterford were very disappointing.

mouview

Really would like to see the Deise do well, like all weaker less successful teams it would be great to see them capture Liam. Feel they really missed the boat though when not putting KK to the sword last year in the drawn match. I thought also, even with the benefit of hindsight, that their body language hasn't been great since their league loss to Galway. They don't look like a settled squad, comfortable in themselves.

Not sorry for some of their online fans though; serious dose of the vapours going on in GAA Boards.ie since that Galway game. Lot of calls for McGrath to step down because he doesn't have a clue. Takes their mind for a while off whinging about how Galway always seem to be rated higher than themselves when Liam McCarthy is discussed.

imtommygunn

Just watching back highlights of cork waterford there. That gleeson point was oneof the best you would ever see. Lehane with a score as good as most you will see too.

Agree. Waterfrd disappointing. They just seem one of those teams who will threaten to make it big but never quite do. Hope i am wrong as i quite like them.

manfromdelmonte

Hurling qualifier on today Laois v Carlow

who knew!

Kilkevan

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 25, 2017, 01:58:01 PM
Hurling qualifier on today Laois v Carlow

who knew!

I did and was pissed off it was scheduled for Portlaoise as had it been in Carlow I would have gone.
Wouldn't it make sense for the Ring Cup winner to get home advantage given they got there by winning something?

manfromdelmonte

the GAA does a lot of things that make no sense