Roscommon v Clare - AIQ R4A [23/07/16]

Started by Syferus, July 18, 2016, 08:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 18, 2016, 05:03:12 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 18, 2016, 04:38:58 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 18, 2016, 04:21:38 PM
Never understood the hype that surrounds Kilbride, he was woeful again yesterday.
Yep
Didn't look fully fit.
Was very well marked though.

In fairness Kilbride was unlucky he didn't score a goal with that shot off the crossbar. He ended up with 2 points from play, the Mayo starting 6 forwards against Galway in June only managed 1 point from play between them.

I think Mayo started with no forwards against Galway. Inexcusable tactics.
MWWSI 2017

Cunny Funt

Quote from: muppet on July 18, 2016, 05:06:25 PM
Never understood the hype that surrounds Kilbride, he was woeful again yesterday.
Yep
Didn't look fully fit.

In fairness Kilbride was unlucky he didn't score a goal with that shot off the crossbar. He ended up with 2 points from play, the Mayo starting 6 forwards against Galway in June only managed 1 point from play between them.

I think Mayo started with no forwards against Galway. Inexcusable tactics.

Evan Regan C O Connor started against Galway and at times AOS played on the edge of square without any success. The one point Mayo scored from play Jason Doc was surrounded by Galway Jerseys.

Lookit any decent forward will score freely against a poor defence however if well marked or smothered out by a blanket they will struggle for scores.

joemamas

Q, how did Roscommon beat, Kerry, Cork, Donegal in the league. Were those teams that ill prepared.
I could see one lucky result but TBH, they are three decent outfits.
What midfield were they using in those games.

I would also have Clare favorites for Sunday.

twohands!!!

QuoteQ, how did Roscommon beat, Kerry, Cork, Donegal in the league. Were those teams that ill prepared.
I could see one lucky result but TBH, they are three decent outfits.
What midfield were they using in those games.

I would also have Clare favorites for Sunday.

Sorry have to take issue with your notion of Cork as a decent outfit - they have gone back a mile from where they were and were deservedly relegated.

The last time they beat a Division 1 side in the championship was 2012.
The last time they beat a Division 2 side in the championship was 2013.
Tipp who beat them this year are a division 3 side, Kildare who beat them last year were relegated to Division 3 last year.

Maroon Manc

Yep
Didn't look fully fit.

All in the 2nd half when Galway were going through the motions. I wouldn't pay much attention to that.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 18, 2016, 08:22:50 PM
Yep
Didn't look fully fit.

All in the 2nd half when Galway were going through the motions. I wouldn't pay much attention to that.
Well I would pay attention to it as IMO at no stage in the game did the Galway system of play go through the motions. At 15 points ahead Galway were still defending in numbers and tackled with high intensity. The majority of scores Roscommon got yesterday was top quality long range efforts.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 18, 2016, 12:39:59 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 18, 2016, 09:19:09 AM
Quote from: Mclf on July 18, 2016, 09:09:04 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 18, 2016, 08:43:45 AM
Two teams who beat Sligo well in their last wins but Clare coming in with the momentum and the form. Will take something to lift the lads' heads after yesterday.

There are a few questions over on the other thread that you might address from genuine Roscommon supporters as to the comments you made leading up to the game........what's that.........don't have the balls to reply, thought as much.
And a typical dig at Sligo thrown in there, probably taking after the form of his Messiah, who's looking more like a tin god after yesterday's defeat.

Ignore the muppet and just savour the embarrassment for that clown McStay. Utterly clueless, it's great to see him being shown up for the windbag he is. His interview on The Sunday Game was comedy gold. He had no idea what had just happened.
It was quite enjoyable alright, and I'm sure he went to the Galway dressing room afterwards to congratulate them on a comprehensive victory, he's always been gracious in defeat like that.

Syferus

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 19, 2016, 09:02:29 AM
Two teams who beat Sligo well in their last wins but Clare coming in with the momentum and the form. Will take something to lift the lads' heads after yesterday.

There are a few questions over on the other thread that you might address from genuine Roscommon supporters as to the comments you made leading up to the game........what's that.........don't have the balls to reply, thought as much.
And a typical dig at Sligo thrown in there, probably taking after the form of his Messiah, who's looking more like a tin god after yesterday's defeat.

Ignore the muppet and just savour the embarrassment for that clown McStay. Utterly clueless, it's great to see him being shown up for the windbag he is. His interview on The Sunday Game was comedy gold. He had no idea what had just happened.
It was quite enjoyable alright, and I'm sure he went to the Galway dressing room afterwards to congratulate them on a comprehensive victory, he's always been gracious in defeat like that.

He hasn't needed to make many visits to a Sligo dressing room so it not like you'd know..

Maroon Manc

All about restoring a bit of pride, fell sorry for the players as the management have let them down. They had the league campaign to work on a proper structure and nobody from outside the camp had a clue how Roscommon were going to set up and even more worrying the players wouldn't have known until last Tuesday. There's no doubt you have some really good young forwards in the 2 Murtaghs's, the 2 Smith's and Harney but there no use if you're ill prepared at the other end.

I wouldn't no too much about the the 2 midfielders missing in Kilbride & Higgins but are they mobile enough to stick with the likes of Flynn/Conroy & SOS/Parsons?

Rossfan

You name 5 forwards Manyonly one of whom started Sunday as we went with lads who failed to make much impression a week earlier.
Lack of midfield and no HBL has been flagged for the last 2 years even by gobsh1tes like me.
Our management and myopic lùdairs were the only ones who thought that 2 of our HBL were Inter County defenders.
As for playing wing backs in midfield.......
Anyway a chance for redemption awaits.
Have our management the courage to throw away the stats and analysis and go with their footballing instincts?
Put out a fast young hungry set of lads and tear into it with CHAMPIONSHIP intensity, not oul'. watery League tossball shiteology.

JUST FUCKIN GO FOR IT¡!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 19, 2016, 10:35:53 AM
All about restoring a bit of pride, fell sorry for the players as the management have let them down. They had the league campaign to work on a proper structure and nobody from outside the camp had a clue how Roscommon were going to set up and even more worrying the players wouldn't have known until last Tuesday. There's no doubt you have some really good young forwards in the 2 Murtaghs's, the 2 Smith's and Harney but there no use if you're ill prepared at the other end.

I wouldn't no too much about the the 2 midfielders missing in Kilbride & Higgins but are they mobile enough to stick with the likes of Flynn/Conroy & SOS/Parsons?

Both would be more mobile than Conroy or Flynn. Sure Kilbride is a HB playing the middle and Higgins' best position until 2014 was wing forward. The issue would be competing in the air, not keeping up with lads.

weareros

Team I would like to see out would require 8 or 9 changes but fear our management are too conservative/stubborn/blind/unwilling to admit mistakes/dicking around with our best players.

Claffey

Murray, Mullooly (Carthy if fit), McInerny
Lennon, Ian Kilbride, Daly
Corcoran, Cathal Shine
Enda Smith, Ciaran Murtagh, Harney
Diarmuid Murtagh, Donie Shine, D Smith

Rossfan

Round 4A game in less than 48 hours and no discussion for the last few days!
Are things gone so bad that even the Rhubarbs have stopped slagging us? :-\
Going by McStay's comments in the free sheet it looks like we won't be seeing radical changes.
Comments like we have all the information on players' fitness and condition and how they are in training and that's how we pick the team.
Sounds like the team is picked by a robot/computer.
Ah well maybe when they reflect over the Autumn/Winter they might start to look at pace, intensity, mental strength and the like which you need for Championship football in July and later.
Not really hopeful about this game at all as I feel the wheels have come off the wagon (and the bandwagon).
Small crowd expected too so it could be a miserable experience all round.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 19, 2016, 09:02:29 AM

Aye, he has!  ;D

kerryforsam16

Where is Niall Carty, Kevin Higgins, Donal Ward,Ciaran Cafferkey, Kevin Higgins and Cian Connolly? How come young Murtagh and Donal Shine not start Connacht final?