Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

There is surrounding land beside Dunsilly that could be bought/leased and could cater for many hundreds of cars. People in Antrim Town club are aware of this. That would leave a safe, same side of the road 100-200 yard walk to the ground. Thats phase two.

It may never be an Owenbeg, but it would be a huge improvement on where we were for years with no ground to prepare our teams on.

bannside

Time to bump this with convention around the corner.

What's the consensus out there. Current executive doing ok, or time for a change?

Please keep it constructive....If you have a negative opinion on the current lot fair enough, but be man enough to say what you would do in the same position. ie, what would YOU do differently.

paddyjohn

Any idea on what motions/proposals there are?

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 22, 2017, 04:29:20 PM
Any idea on what motions/proposals there are?
Anyone know if the treasurers report gets made public?

bannside

No it won't be made public nor would it be in the best interests for it to be public knowledge. Sure it's well known that half the county's in Ireland are in financial difficulty.

But three of your club delegates will be in attendance at agm, and they (rightfully) will be handed the accounts and offered a chance to question them. That's the democratic process which is designed to be fair and accountable in the right places.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: bannside on November 22, 2017, 07:08:31 PM
No it won't be made public nor would it be in the best interests for it to be public knowledge. Sure it's well known that half the county's in Ireland are in financial difficulty.

But three of your club delegates will be in attendance at agm, and they (rightfully) will be handed the accounts and offered a chance to question them. That's the democratic process which is designed to be fair and accountable in the right places.
why would it not be in the best interests for the county's finances to be public knowledge? I and many others contribute to county fund raising initiatives and if you don't let people know where their contributions go that's a sure way to put them off contributing .....

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Do you reallty think it would be in our countys best interest to have its financial details posted on a public forum website?

It's great that you contribute and long may that last, but There are other ways of getting the info you need.

In any event there will be a convention report which may report on the financial highlights, but won't go into a great level of detail. But that's not to say they are a secret either, at least 200 delegates will have a full four or five page report and a chance to  drill as deep as they want.

Chances are they won't though as 90% are only interested in their own club and will be watching the clock. No one is likely to ask about juvenile development or football either for that matter.

bannside

I for one think the current board have achieved a hell of a lot in two years. But the problem is, most of it is hidden from view. One thing they don't do well is communicate their own achievements.

The very first thing that needs to be recognised is that two men put in circa £100k of their own money two years ago to keep the county afloat. That's commitment no matter what way you look at it, or what your own agenda is. And this money has been paid back to them in full.

At the risk of coming across as their spokesman which I am totally not by the way, I will make a list of some of their achievements to date....and will do so for one reason that 99% of Antrim gaels have no real idea of the type of progress being made.

BrendanAntrim

The current board faced a huge task when they came in, they have made very steady progress on key issues. They should be allowed to stay at the helm. Change now would be disruptive and set us back. 'We're not them' isn't a great platform to stand on.

BrendanAntrim

Don't agree with that. SV out forward a very specific, positive programme. Not just 'we're different.'

BrendanAntrim

I think the Bel Tel article linked above says it very well. Right now we need continuity, stability. Not another change at the county executive table.

Stillwater2

Brendan Antrim and Bannside, have they done enough?

Communication with clubs, v poor. The All Ireland Tickets issues.

Thoughts?

BrendanAntrim

I don't know about communication with clubs. Its not an issue I am aware of as being a problem. In fact I have heard clubs describing a refreshing level of accessibility and transparency over the last two years.

All Ireland tickets - we now have a very significant level of corporate partners and sponsors, way over and above anything previously in place. That process involves making an investment on our part, AI tickets are part of the currency. Happens all over the country.