All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 17, 2017, 05:22:42 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on September 17, 2017, 05:20:51 PM
If Dublin Joe was working for Dublin AOS would have been black carded 5 seconds into the 2nd half

Rock took minimum 9 steps for one of his points. Penalty call too. Didn't seem to have the bottle to make big calls.
The rock one was coming back for a free anyway.
Mayo didn't win because of their own ill discipline. Not the ref

Wildweasel74

Need see a better replay of it; shoulder to chest by small def yellow! Vaughan charge on small if forearm to face red; if to the chest yellow!

DUBSFORSAM1

If Dublin Joe was working for Dublin AOS would have been black carded 5 seconds into the 2nd half

Rock took minimum 9 steps for one of his points. Penalty call too. Didn't seem to have the bottle to make big calls.

Rock was getting the advantage for being pulled back which is why he got extra steps.

BennyCake

He doesn't. You're right.

Had that been Small's first yellow, Vaughan would have stayed on. Small went, so made it easy for Joe to dismiss Vaughan.

thejuice

Forget splitting Dublin it's time to amalgamate the rest of the country.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

rrhf

Is the man of the match an honour assured only for the victors. If so it's a load of shite.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: BennyCake on September 17, 2017, 05:31:31 PM

Had that been Small's first yellow, Vaughan would have stayed on. Small went, so made it easy for Joe to dismiss Vaughan.
Exactly.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on September 17, 2017, 05:31:25 PM

Rock was getting the advantage for being pulled back which is why he got extra steps.
Such nonsense. The advantage rule doesn't give you free reign to take as many steps as you like
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

randomusername

Quote from: rrhf on September 17, 2017, 05:32:13 PM
Is the man of the match an honour assured only for the victors. If so it's a load of shite.

Think James McCarthy should get it.

Asal Mor

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 17, 2017, 05:28:37 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 17, 2017, 05:23:55 PM
If Vaughan had half a brain he would have left alone and realised your man was getting the line!!

PS. What a game of football!! Mayo had chances they've only themselves to blame!!
I don't disagree, but that doesn't make it a red card.
Thought it was a yellow too but it gave McQuillan an easy way out - easier to send off 1 from each team. Like the way he gave a free in when it should have been a penalty. Seems very petty to be talking about the ref after  an epic match but he bottled the crucial calls.

BennyCake

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 17, 2017, 05:34:23 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 17, 2017, 05:28:37 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 17, 2017, 05:23:55 PM
If Vaughan had half a brain he would have left alone and realised your man was getting the line!!

PS. What a game of football!! Mayo had chances they've only themselves to blame!!
I don't disagree, but that doesn't make it a red card.
Thought it was a yellow too but it gave McQuillan an easy way out - easier to send off 1 from each team. Like the way he gave a free in when it should have been a penalty. Seems very petty to be talking about the ref after  an epic match but he bottled the crucial calls.

He always did bottle them. Brutal referee.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 17, 2017, 05:32:23 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 17, 2017, 05:31:31 PM

Exactly.

That's my take on it to
Only question is what did small get first yellow for
He was waving his yellow at anything with a pulse for the first twenty
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 17, 2017, 05:31:22 PM
Need see a better replay of it; shoulder to chest by small def yellow! Vaughan charge on small if forearm to face red; if to the chest yellow!

Harsh enough for Vaughan but the sheer stupidity of it, it's so typical of what Mayo do themselves year on year. They're more than good enough.

Game of fine margins but Mayo always seem to press self destruct.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Congratulations to the Dubs, came up with the points to win it in the closing stages. 3 in a row a terrific achievement and I'm sure they will be back in contention for 4.

Commiserations to Mayo. Madness from Vaughan unfortunately. But a terrific performance. I hope this team has more left in the tank.

Dublin winners by a point two years in a row. That alone shows we don't need to be splitting the county in two. They aren't that far ahead. And for all the wailing about the sport in general, that was fantastic entertainment.

sligoman2

Hard luck Mayo, I'm gutted for them.

I don't know how much more ye can take.  If it's any consolation ye put in a great performance.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.