St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Sligoper

Oh and another thing, i was playing a game in recent weeks and i just wish that the two Duffys would find a medicinal cure for that God Syndrome that has infected the two of them! They think they now everything and while i admit that refs have to be confident and thick skinned they can't be ignorant!
Go on the Bunnies!

magpie seanie

Welcome to the board Sligoper.

Not playing at too high a level myself but if the game is on Saturday then no issues - just stay in Friday. If game on Sunday then a few in the evening and away home early and you'll be right as rain for Monday morning. On this bank holiday weekend I'd say the only games on the Monday will be the cup finals so that should not impinge too much on most players social lives. Anyway - its 5 weeks to championship this weekend - shouldn't we all be off the beer?  ;D

Seriously though setting fixtures and games administration is a tough job and by and large the CCC get it right. I think we could have some sort of cup competitions for midweek summer evenings, especially in the July period where there is a big gap with no games. Still, with depending on weather its not an exact science.

For all the annoyances associated with the Duffys most days I'm thankful to see them rather than one of their peers. They always have complete control of the games they referee.

Sligoper

Thanx for the welcome

Have one won a fair bit an my time and now that i'm a working professional with internet access i can have the best of noth worlds ;D

Oh yes yes ill agree with that but iwith championship games after the bank holiday weekends, it does minimise any fun time  ;D! Ah yes i know what you mean in that sense but god almighty they are insufferable fella's at times!

Well personally i think the championship is wide open more than any year! Tourlestane, Harps and Curry all look dodgy!  And theyare the big three! Curry having an absolute stinker! Also i think that Johns and Tubber will be the big challengers! Just on a note about the Big three, when was the last time none were in a county final?

2007 T'Strane beat Harps
2006 Curry win
2005 Coolera beat Curry
2004 T'Strane win
2003 Curry beat Harps

I'm stuck after this!
Go on the Bunnies!

magpie seanie

Answer is 2000. I'll complete that list:

2002 - Harps beat Coolera in replay (what were you saying about the Duffys again??!!!!)
2001 - Marys beat Curry
2000 - Bunninadden beat Coolera  >:(

Curry going very badly but they are badly hit by injuries and unavailability of Feeney & Marren. When they get a few ack they will be a major force again. Harps after a slow start look to be hitting their stride. Tourlestrane have some power too. I agree that Johns and Tubber will be strong contenders too. I think the championship is quite open but it would still be a major surprise if Tour, Curry or Harps don't ke the final.

magpie seanie

Tourlestrane bombed our seniors out of the way on Saturday evening. First half was not too bad. Our lads played some good football but rode our luck once or twice. We went in a goal behind but the second half was carnage. Yourlestrane did up it but our response was pathetic. I think they were only missing Gerry McGowan and at times I was very impressed with the system they were playing. They're going to be fierce hard to beat. We were down quite a few lads but its still no excuse for the performance, especially in the second half. Hopefully the lads can use this reverse to get them going cos repeat performances are not on.

Played out a good draw with St Molaise Gaels today in Div 4. Could have won but could have lost too. Their equaliser was a fantastic score from a man the Owenmore Gaels lads would be very familiar with. Still a damn handy operator at this level. They are going quite well in that league so not a bad result overall but as with the last few weeks with the injuries throughout the club - fielding was a victory in itself.

Owenmoresider

Another mighty weekend for us, well beaten and only made it look slightly better near the end. And two defeats to John's to come as well. Looking like the Curry and Cloonacool rematches will be critical for us, but we have rarely got out a full team, and that's particularly evident lately. elsewhere in D3 John's march on, Pat's and SMG winning too. Rest being left behind.

In D1, a few odd results, Coolera's as Seanie stated being one, Tubber only managing 0-2 v Harps, and Ballymote giving the Bunnies a bit of a drubbing to continue their lofty position. Appears that McGuire got hurt in the Easkey game, a huge blow if the case. D2 saw Geevagh and C'connor draw, and Mary's hockeying Shams, so it's still that trio out in front. Mullinabreena going strong in D4, while their victims of the weekend continue to remind us that things could always be worse!

Teeling Gael

we are struggling badly at moment with numbers , attitude etc. For som eodd reason we seem to start the year well and be monumentally poor in late april, may each year. At least this year we can be poor aginst the good teams rather than the bad teams but unless we turn it around we are in trouble. Impressed by Enniscrone and have noticed their improvement in form in last few weeks. Will be in contention with Mholaises Gaels and in my view if they can keep their heads will be favourites for intermediate.

In fairness , Eugene played football at a level few in the county could aspire too, and is cute enough to boot so not surprised that he is still a mtach winner in Division 4.

Big draw for Geevagh out west which keeps them on track nicely. How did Egan and Henry play Seanie ??Tubbercurry got a bad beating with in theory 3 county starters available. Any word on McGuires injury and its likely duration ? Big blow especially with lack of depth in full back line.

jjjshabadoojnr

We just about fielded as well Seanie, Our 15th Man took to the pitch 10 minute in almost under the radar of Cathal O'Donnell. Draw a fair result I think. Good Battle.

Sligoper

Tubber got hammered! Can't beleive in an hour of football they scored two points? Shocking stuff. Obviously a blip for a team i predict to do well! Tourlestrane look well! Ballymote still there but not for long, curry finally get a win to end a crappy few weeks and easkey lose mcguire to an elbow injury. Cmon the Marys, hammerin the shams!!
Was talkin to one of the boys there yesterday, apparently the county panel is about to be cut! Although he's well in it so no worries for him! London in four weeks! Cmon!
Go on the Bunnies!

magpie seanie

Egan and Henry both played well for Tourlestrane but its hard to judge because we were extremely poor, especially in the second half.

jjjshabadoojnr - Yeah, noticed the 15th man trotting on late. I think it did ye no harm anyway - dont think anyone had scored at that point. And shame on you for mixing up Cathal O'Donnell and the great Deccie O'Boyle! Deccie is a gas man. Not everyones cup of tea but for ould games in Div 4 he's grand. It was a grand game alright. Some lads not too good, some lads not too fit but both teams tried hard and thats what its all about at that level.

jjjshabadoojnr

Ya MS, how did i get them mixed up!!! He makes some strange decisions, but i never seen anyone get too thick with him! He usually ends up balancing out the decisions by the end of the game. How many more years has red left in him? Himself and McHale must be having some kind of competition!! Seamus Hoey seems to be getting in on the act now as well. Really enjoying the division this year. Its a dream playin with some of our younger lads. Hopefully in 2-3 years time we will be on the up.

magpie seanie

Red is some man alright. If I'm able to walk properly at his age I'll be happy never mind play football! They're dead right though. It'll be a sad day when you can't play any more so keep on going. Ye have some good young lads and more on the way from what I hear.

SLIGONIAN

Sligo beat Cavan in challenge game at the weekend, farrell was in goals, E mchugh Hb and phillips CHB, Egans back at midfield, Gaughan HF, ,wasnt at the game but you'll see full team in the papers.

Also hear that N McGuire sustained a serious injury which makes him a doubt for the CSFC. Dislocated elbow I think. Hope its not too serious and that he makes a quick recovery. Massive blow if he doesnt make it.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 28, 2008, 06:04:25 PM
Sligo beat Cavan in challenge game at the weekend, farrell was in goals, E mchugh Hb and phillips CHB, Egans back at midfield, Gaughan HF, ,wasnt at the game but you'll see full team in the papers.

Also hear that N McGuire sustained a serious injury which makes him a doubt for the CSFC. Dislocated elbow I think. Hope its not too serious and that he makes a quick recovery. Massive blow if he doesnt make it.

Just seen this on SLIGOGAA.ie, better news :) Thank God

GOOD WISHES                                                                                       
From all Gaels in the county and beyond,to our Senior Football Captain Easkey's Noel McGuire on a quick return to full fitness from his recent injury, fortunately it is not as serious as was first thought and we expect to see him back wearing the Black and White very shortly It is also with much relief that we hear of the great progress, St Mary's Paul Newton is making and looking forward to seeing him out and about with his Club soon
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Sligoper

Glad to see a few players getting a run at the weekend. Its important that Jordan tries a few players out. The panel was cut yesterday apparently but i havnt heard any names. Anyone know anyone who was dropped?
Go on the Bunnies!