County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: MayoBuck on October 25, 2017, 10:30:16 PM
Rochford given a 2 year extension to his deal tonight - until 2020. Backroom team not confirmed yet though. Hopefully no major changes there either.
The Mayo GAA statement says his backroom team will be confirmed in the coming weeks. Which would suggest a few changes will be made.

MayoBuck

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 25, 2017, 10:41:07 PM
Rochford given a 2 year extension to his deal tonight - until 2020. Backroom team not confirmed yet though. Hopefully no major changes there either.
The Mayo GAA statement says his backroom team will be confirmed in the coming weeks. Which would suggest a few changes will be made.

According to The Mayo News, McEntee is expected to stay on but they don't know yet about Buckley or Peter Burke.

MayoBuck

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 25, 2017, 10:34:48 PM
Be interesting to see if he is still Mayo manager by 2020.

These contracts don't mean much in all honesty. I'd say the main reason for extending his term is to stop any talk of managerial changes during the season.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: MayoBuck on October 25, 2017, 11:34:08 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 25, 2017, 10:34:48 PM
Be interesting to see if he is still Mayo manager by 2020.

These contracts don't mean much in all honesty. I'd say the main reason for extending his term is to stop any talk of managerial changes during the season.
First of all it is good news if not unexpected. Donie Buckley usually heads to the States at this time of year and his continuation may not be confirmed for a while. I would be surprised if Peter Burke pulls away as he seemed to have a greater input as the season progressed.  Joe Keane of Crossmolina is also involved. Some talk that Barry Solan who has been involved with Arsenal for the past two years may move away but most of the groundwork was being done by Conor Finn.
The extra two years normally gives a manager an opportunity to introduce new players and revitalise a squad. Kerry and the Rossies have done the same thing this year which reduces the pressure on a manager entering the final year of his term.  It will be difficult to gauge in Mayo as there will be two conflicting trains of thought  ... take a step back and rebuild in order to go forward or to continue with the team that has fallen millimetres short. I'm sure to be told that Jim Gavin is constantly re-invigorating his team with new faces but that's an advantage/luxury that comes with having a win under your belt. Roll on 2018. Cairde ticket being renewed this week.

Horse Box

LooseCannon

LooseCannon

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

smelmoth

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 04, 2018, 12:31:40 AM
Quote from: LooseCannon on July 04, 2018, 12:25:18 AM
Éamonn Burns gone from Down.

Poacher favourite surely?

Please no. Some of us attend Down games as a neutral.

Can't take any more defensive football

DuffleKing

Poacher isn't a manager surely?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 04, 2018, 11:19:27 AM

Poacher isn't a manager surely?

He has done a fairly good job with Carlow, Turlough has been more of a spokesman/cheerleader.

Lar Naparka

+1 Good!
The least amount of change, the better. Obviously he see potential there and I couldn't see him staying if he felt there would be mass resignations from the panel. Mayo hasn't gone away, you know. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 04, 2018, 08:11:38 PM
+1 Good!
The least amount of change, the better. Obviously he see potential there and I couldn't see him staying if he felt there would be mass resignations from the panel. Mayo hasn't gone away, you know. ;D

Fúcking lol.

maigheo

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 04, 2018, 08:11:38 PM
+1 Good!
OOPS :)