Whingers

Started by sligoman2, March 20, 2018, 07:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mup on March 26, 2018, 10:38:32 AM
Whinging about people whinging about your team. And also those who whinge even when their team win. Joyless.

The Kildare forum is in Peak Whinge mode, led by our National Whinge Treasure Ewan MacKenna. A man so negative I stop at nothing to avoid him.
#newbridgeornowhere

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on March 26, 2018, 10:22:37 AM
Quote from: Targetman on March 25, 2018, 11:17:49 PM
McHugh's a complete tool, I wonder does he ever listen to the shite he talks, anyway we're for Div 3, I could whinge all night!!

The most miserable, and misery-inducing, human being in the GAA.

+1

I posted on another blog that he pissed and moaned for a full ten minutes yesterday on RTE radio about everything from D1 to D4, what a toolbag.

J70

Quote from: rosnarun on March 26, 2018, 09:47:40 AM
Quote from: Itchy on March 25, 2018, 10:01:51 PM
What's with all the whinging about fixtures cancelled due to bad weather.  Mcstay whinging today, emlyn  (the whole world is against me) Mulligan last week. RTE radio had Martin McHugh whinging about it too yet it took him 10 minutes to figure out the permutations in div 2 and turns out he was talking crap. Weather was unprecedented in a decade, it's not the GAAs fault.
If Donegal could get the 3 mchughs playing close to potential they'd have a lot less to whinge about.
there must be a story there?

What story?

Eoin is taking the year off to focus on university finals. Mark took time off in 2014 and has never been able to force his way back into the starting 15 on a regular basis, partly because his brother fills a similar role. Ryan is one of our best three players, but takes a serious amount of high hits and abuse.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 26, 2018, 11:22:49 AM
Whinging about people whinging about your team. And also those who whinge even when their team win. Joyless.

The Kildare forum is in Peak Whinge mode, led by our National Whinge Treasure Ewan MacKenna. A man so negative I stop at nothing to avoid him.

I told you that years ago.

Jinxy

The thing is, it's easy to give out, particularly in the context of the GAA, where being positive is usually conflated with being naive.
It's like a team winning 5 games in a row, then when they lose the 6th game, some know it all will invariably turn around and say, "See? I told you they were no use."
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 26, 2018, 02:14:33 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 26, 2018, 11:22:49 AM

I told you that years ago.

Aye you did in fairness but I gave him the benefit of the doubt, just a dose now.
#newbridgeornowhere

westbound

What's with all the whinging about fixtures cancelled due to bad weather.  Mcstay whinging today, emlyn  (the whole world is against me) Mulligan last week. RTE radio had Martin McHugh whinging about it too yet it took him 10 minutes to figure out the permutations in div 2 and turns out he was talking crap. Weather was unprecedented in a decade, it's not the GAAs fault.

The whinging is not because games were postponed, it's because they weren't re-fixed before the last round of games.

Any league should have everyone playing their last games at the same time.

It ended up not making too much difference this time, but the gaa shouldn't have been taking a chance.

Beffs

Quote from: J70 on March 26, 2018, 02:11:24 PM
If Donegal could get the 3 mchughs playing close to potential they'd have a lot less to whinge about.

What story?

Eoin is taking the year off to focus on university finals. Mark took time off in 2014 and has never been able to force his way back into the starting 15 on a regular basis, partly because his brother fills a similar role. Ryan is one of our best three players, but takes a serious amount of high hits and abuse.

The story that Mark has a reputation for being - searches for polite word - a bit of a handful? Was he not fcuked off the panel for going on the piss and then had a hissy fit when mgt called him out on it?

J70

Quote from: Beffs on March 26, 2018, 05:32:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 26, 2018, 02:11:24 PM

What story?

The story that Mark has a reputation for being - searches for polite word - a bit of a handful. Was he not fcuked off the panel for going on the piss and then had a hissy fit when mgt called him out on it?

No clue.

Might explain some of his issues in getting a regular starting spot, but what about the other two?

Ryan has been one of the best players in the country since he came on the scene. Eoin has only had two seasons at senior level and did well the first year, but was less impressive in a struggling team last year.