Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleafgael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 06, 2015, 09:17:36 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 06, 2015, 06:15:34 PM
Brocagh pull out??

I heard they forfeited their remaining games.

They definitely conceded todays game against Clann na nGael on Thursday night. Didn't know they had pulled the pin for the year. Not a big shock, seen them 4 weeks ago and they had 16 for the seniors and no reserves. I see a pile of reserve teams not fielding this weekend, yours included Norf.

laceer

Would be a shame if Brocagh can't fulfil the rest of their fixtures - a slippery slope and one that a few Junior teams, my own included, could very easily go down. A few injuries and men on holidays and it's a struggle to get one team out, never mind two.

Soup an Samajiz

Always seems to be a bit of a stuggle within the Brocagh camp, for the players they have they should really be doin better, knocked on the door for years and came up short. Cant help thinkin that if they could get the entire team to commit they should be winning that league. They lost a great player to Derrytresk this year in Paudraig Bell, seems to have cemented his startin position there.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

redhandofgod

All intermediate games off next weekend because of the Galbally v Derrylaughan replay. So that will be 4/5 week break for intermediate teams that are out of the championship! Crazy stuff!!

Tommo2

Looking forward to the Dromore and Omagh game this weekend. Hard one to call, but I think Omagh will shade it. Sludden is a big miss for Dromore as he is a very sharp forward. Mind you, maybe they will kiss and make up before then.

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: redhandofgod on September 07, 2015, 10:07:14 AM
All intermediate games off next weekend because of the Galbally v Derrylaughan replay. So that will be 4/5 week break for intermediate teams that are out of the championship! Crazy stuff!!

This is a joke. All clubs were given the fixtures and dates to be played before end of the season. Why was there no provision made for a draw/replays? Could Intermediate games for clubs not affected by the draw not have went ahead on Saturday. Also play the replay on Saturday/Sunday, then play the league fixture midweek some night?
Clubs have planned their schedules to the end of season based on these fixtures released after Tyrone were defeated. There are clubs flying home players in Division 2 that I am aware off, so I would presume they will loss the flight money for this weekend?

The Trap

What's the predictions for promotion/relegation this year? See Glenelly blew a big opportunity at the weekend, as did the Clarkes and Moy...........Aghyaran making a late push..........all to play for with 3 games to go........

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 06, 2015, 09:44:49 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 06, 2015, 09:17:36 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 06, 2015, 06:15:34 PM
Brocagh pull out??

I heard they forfeited their remaining games.

They definitely conceded todays game against Clann na nGael on Thursday night. Didn't know they had pulled the pin for the year. Not a big shock, seen them 4 weeks ago and they had 16 for the seniors and no reserves. I see a pile of reserve teams not fielding this weekend, yours included Norf.

Our reserves have struggled to field all year in fairness, which shouldn't happen as there's a big enough pool. A mixture of young cubs maybe not having the interest mixed with the fixtures being all over the place as well being a factor.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tommo2

Is it time for standalone reserve league, played every Friday night, with promotion and relegation?

Could even be divided into East/West sections to cut on travel and to create more local derbies and therefore more interest. It would help maintain interest and allow players and teams to develop. Could even be 13 a side for teams struggling for numbers.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Trap on September 07, 2015, 11:12:55 AM
What's the predictions for promotion/relegation this year? See Glenelly blew a big opportunity at the weekend, as did the Clarkes and Moy...........Aghyaran making a late push..........all to play for with 3 games to go........

Aghaloo will win Div 3, and I think Brackaville will win the C'ship. That leaves Glenelly, Cderg, Owen Roes and probably Tattyreagh in the play offs.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 07, 2015, 01:33:36 PM
Is it time for standalone reserve league, played every Friday night, with promotion and relegation?

Could even be divided into East/West sections to cut on travel and to create more local derbies and therefore more interest. It would help maintain interest and allow players and teams to develop. Could even be 13 a side for teams struggling for numbers.

Yes that's very sensible and would be good to see. Other counties do it and it seems to work

oakleafgael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 07, 2015, 01:47:50 PM

Aghaloo will win Div 3, and I think Brackaville will win the C'ship. That leaves Glenelly, Cderg, Owen Roes and probably Tattyreagh in the play offs.

If Brockagh have definitely pulled the pin for the year then the league is over, would leave them uncatchable barring they ship a heavy defeat to Killyman and Castlederg run up big scores in their remaining games.

I think Aghaloo will win the Championship as well, which will leave the second placed team going up automatically and then 4 to play off. It could come down to the last day to see who finishes second which keeps it boiling nicely. Owen Roes should finish second although its maybe better to have points on the board rather than games in hand.

longballin

time ticking away

canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 07, 2015, 02:30:00 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 07, 2015, 01:47:50 PM

If Brockagh have definitely pulled the pin for the year then the league is over, would leave them uncatchable barring they ship a heavy defeat to Killyman and Castlederg run up big scores in their remaining games.

I think Aghaloo will win the Championship as well, which will leave the second placed team going up automatically and then 4 to play off. It could come down to the last day to see who finishes second which keeps it boiling nicely. Owen Roes should finish second although its maybe better to have points on the board rather than games in hand.

I don't think scoring difference or head to head counts when it comes to a league decider, a relegation place or indeed to decide if two teams are level for a last play off spot. It'll be a play off.