Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

is every club signed up to it? didn't a few not go for it at the start...?

GlenMan

Quote from: redzone on May 12, 2016, 10:08:45 PM
Anybody know what if anything the clubs pay towards garvaghy each year. Never seems to be anything on paper at club agm about it

I'm pretty sure it's £1500 per year. Although I don't think its compulsory.

driveherin

I'll have one last go Leenie

Trillick V Dromore by 7/8
Edendork V Ardboe by 4/5
Errigal by 1/2 V Clonoe
Galbally V Coalisland by1/2
Strabane V Kildress by 5/6
Eglish V Greencastle Draw
Carmen by 3/4 V Augher

Gortin by 2/3 V Derrytresk
Aghaloo V Urney DRAW
Cookstown by 2/3 V Brackaville
Stewartstown V Loughmacrory by 2/3
Donaghmore V Dungannon by 2/3
Eskra V Pomeroy by 2/3
Moy V Derrylaughan by 5/6
Aghyaran by 1/2 V Moortown

Rois

[
Anybody know what if anything the clubs pay towards garvaghy each year. Never seems to be anything on paper at club agm about it
Most clubs signed up to the Patron scheme for the construction of Garvaghey a few years ago (£1,000 per year for five years). The vast majority of clubs have fully paid the £5,000 by now.

I don't think there's any other ongoing Garvaghey-specific payment. 

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rois on May 13, 2016, 02:01:49 PM
[
Most clubs signed up to the Patron scheme for the construction of Garvaghey a few years ago (£1,000 per year for five years). The vast majority of clubs have fully paid the £5,000 by now.

Yeah- I think Club's, well some clubs, are still paying Club Tyrone subscriptions but the Garvaghey patron one ended towards the end of 2015, start of 2016.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

square_ball

Cookstown 2-15 Brackaville 2-16 this evening there. Good game to be fair.

redzone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 13, 2016, 02:53:24 PM
Quote from: Rois on May 13, 2016, 02:01:49 PM
[

Yeah- I think Club's, well some clubs, are still paying Club Tyrone subscriptions but the Garvaghey patron one ended towards the end of 2015, start of 2016.

How much is owed on garvaghy out of curiosity. Personally think it was a great concept.

redzone

Augher must have put up a grt performance up in carmen this evenin to get the win

leenie

Quote from: driveherin on May 13, 2016, 11:44:45 AM
I'll have one last go Leenie

Trillick V Dromore by 7/8
Edendork V Ardboe by 4/5
Errigal by 1/2 V Clonoe
Galbally V Coalisland by1/2
Strabane V Kildress by 5/6
Eglish V Greencastle Draw
Carmen by 3/4 V Augher

Gortin by 2/3 V Derrytresk
Aghaloo V Urney DRAW
Cookstown by 2/3 V Brackaville
Stewartstown V Loughmacrory by 2/3
Donaghmore V Dungannon by 2/3
Eskra V Pomeroy by 2/3
Moy V Derrylaughan by 5/6
Aghyaran by 1/2 V Moortown

Ah well wrong again .... By your predictions we'd be 0 points but we have 6 .,, 😄😄😄
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

redhandofgod

Starred games are a joke in Intermediate. At the weekend, Moy played Derrylaughan who have no county men and moy have 2 and Pomeroy played Eskra who have no county men and Pomeroy have 3. Crazy situation.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: redhandofgod on May 16, 2016, 09:04:28 AM
Starred games are a joke in Intermediate. At the weekend, Moy played Derrylaughan who have no county men and moy have 2 and Pomeroy played Eskra who have no county men and Pomeroy have 3. Crazy situation.

There will never be a perfect match, especially in Div 2.  Obviously Moy vs Pomeroy is an easy match up for a starred game.  The rest will be unrepresentative.  There is the odd team with one county star after that the rest have no county representation.  Pomeroy were hardly pulling up trees with their county men.  Ask any Moy person and they will tell you the only reason they are playing Div 2 football this year is because the way the starred games were fixed last year. 

I'm not sure what the best formula is, I believe the starred format is the only way to manage the demand on county players and clubs have prior warning so they can plan without their county stars.  Could be worse,  I have heard other counties where county players get no football with their clubs.
Living the dream!!!

Dire Ear

Any injuries to county men over the weekend?  Cheers

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 16, 2016, 10:53:10 AM

;D ;D ;D No county men played Dire   :P :P
Living the dream!!!

WT4E

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 16, 2016, 10:53:10 AM

Matty Donnelly slipped on sallys hill and twisted his ankle at 2am Sun Morning - doubt for sunday!

TF15

I understand the frustration of clubs dogged over by starred games and really promotion is only likely through play offs/Cship for teams like Moy and Pomeroy but starred games are needed. Being able to play football regularly is every club players wish and I think we have it as good as it gets in Tyrone with our access to county players for games (within the balls that is the county season structure).

Augher would near be safe looking at the plight of some of the teams below them. Eglish look in a lot of bother.