Author Topic: New Car Advice  (Read 27099 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: New Car Advice
« Reply #255 on: September 24, 2021, 08:42:47 PM »
Yes the RAV4 is only in petrol or hybrid. Theyíre a bit pricey when compared with the other 2 thatís the only thing

Going for the Ford Puma, itís a hybrid be interested in if it saves me on fuel much, hopefully picking up mid November, apparently Ford are slow with distribution, ordered in July so if youíre ordering new beware
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

tbrick18

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2021, 08:58:40 PM »
Yes the RAV4 is only in petrol or hybrid. Theyíre a bit pricey when compared with the other 2 thatís the only thing

Going for the Ford Puma, itís a hybrid be interested in if it saves me on fuel much, hopefully picking up mid November, apparently Ford are slow with distribution, ordered in July so if youíre ordering new beware

Hopefully it doesn't rot like the original model!
I can't warm to the new Puma at all, probably because I still have one of the originals and it's too far removed from that.
My Dad has a Rav4 Hybrid....deadly job to be fair.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 25, 2021, 05:53:41 AM »
Iím gonna change the car in a few weeks but havenít decided what to get. I like those new Hyundai Tucsonís but theyíre only available in petrol. Iím also going to have a look at one of the new type Ford Kugas and while I like the Seat Alteca thereís very few of them about. My issue is that I donít know what the future will hold for diesel cars in 4 years time when Iím changing again. Any advice??

If you like the Ateca, take a look at the Skoda or Karoq or the Tiguan too. They're 95% the same car. Bought a Karoq in June as our first family car and I'm very happy with it.

Over here, obviously SEAT is incredibly popular, but it seems like half the cars on the road these days, and an even larger proportions of new ones, are crossover SUVs.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 25, 2021, 09:59:58 AM »
Iím gonna change the car in a few weeks but havenít decided what to get. I like those new Hyundai Tucsonís but theyíre only available in petrol. Iím also going to have a look at one of the new type Ford Kugas and while I like the Seat Alteca thereís very few of them about. My issue is that I donít know what the future will hold for diesel cars in 4 years time when Iím changing again. Any advice??

If you like the Ateca, take a look at the Skoda or Karoq or the Tiguan too. They're 95% the same car. Bought a Karoq in June as our first family car and I'm very happy with it.

Over here, obviously SEAT is incredibly popular, but it seems like half the cars on the road these days, and an even larger proportions of new ones, are crossover SUVs.
My last couple of cars have been SUVs and Iím thinking of going back to something like an estate for my next car. Like you say nearly all cars on the roads nowadays are SUV crossover type cars and Iím kind of bored with them now. In reality they arenít any more practical than the smaller hatchbacks they are all based on and apart from the fact you sit higher up there isnít really any advantage in having one.
I like the look of the Corolla Sports Touring Hybrid or the new Octavia Estate. Far more practical for a lot less money than an SUV.
I loves me county

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 25, 2021, 11:56:39 AM »
Theyíre a lot cheaper in the US, and one of the few estate car options available here, but we recently traded in our old, run-into-the-ground, Subaru Outback for a new one. Very happy with it so far, especially the interior, which is like something from another age compared to our previous one. I got the 2.4 L turbo version as the standard 2.5L option is a wee bit underpowered for motorway-type driving, but itís still easier on petrol than the old 3.6L one was.
Subaru are suffering though over here with the chip shortages. They have some Outbacks available, but other models like the Ascent, Forester and Crosstek XV are all presold weeks, even months in advance.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 25, 2021, 01:22:25 PM »

My last couple of cars have been SUVs and Iím thinking of going back to something like an estate for my next car. Like you say nearly all cars on the roads nowadays are SUV crossover type cars and I’m kind of bored with them now. In reality they arenít any more practical than the smaller hatchbacks they are all based on and apart from the fact you sit higher up there isnít really any advantage in having one.
I like the look of the Corolla Sports Touring Hybrid or the new Octavia Estate. Far more practical for a lot less money than an SUV.
I like the Octavia Estate but put off by the fact the peelers all drive them up here.

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 25, 2021, 04:46:21 PM »
Thanks for all the advice folks.
Careful now

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 25, 2021, 11:47:35 PM »

My last couple of cars have been SUVs and Iím thinking of going back to something like an estate for my next car. Like you say nearly all cars on the roads nowadays are SUV crossover type cars and Iím kind of bored with them now. In reality they arenít any more practical than the smaller hatchbacks they are all based on and apart from the fact you sit higher up there isnít really any advantage in having one.

Ah, in fairness they're a much more comfortable drive in terms of space and as a family car where you're throwing prams and bags and high chairs and whatever else at them, they're hard to beat.

Agree on the estates though, fantastic cars and bake for money. The Octavia and the Leon estates are great cars.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

StPatsAbu

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 26, 2021, 12:01:06 AM »
My lad is 17 at Christmas. Would a Polo or Fiesta be the cheapest to insure but still look decent? Any other recommendations for lads?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 26, 2021, 12:43:02 AM »
Youngest passed her test the other day, Marmalade £105 a month is the cheapest, now thatís for a fiat 500 convertible under a named driver on my wifeís car insurance. Good luck getting his own insurance for anything cheaper.

Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)