The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: thewobbler on September 30, 2023, 10:55:02 PMYou know what's ridiculous? You know what's ludicrous?

The biggest game in Spurs' history was the 2019 CL final.

22 seconds into that game a hoof kick that presented no danger to the goal, smashed off Sissoko's arm which was tucked up against his body.

Scouse won a Champions League off the ridiculous and ludicrous decision to award that as a penalty.

So suck it up f**kers.

You were celebrating like you'd won the 2019 final today. Congrats on scraping a win against 9 men.

thewobbler

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 30, 2023, 11:24:02 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 30, 2023, 10:55:02 PMYou know what's ridiculous? You know what's ludicrous?

22 seconds into that game a hoof kick that presented no danger to the goal, smashed off Sissoko's arm which was tucked up against his body.

Scouse won a Champions League off the ridiculous and ludicrous decision to award that as a penalty.

So suck it up f**kers.

You were celebrating like you'd won the 2019 final today. Congrats on scraping a win against 9 men.

No. Nope. That wasn't me.

RedHand88

Quote from: thewobbler on September 30, 2023, 11:22:24 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 30, 2023, 11:12:47 PM

So suck it up f**kers.

Lol what are you on about. Sissokos arm is pointed at 90 degrees AWAY from his body. I dont even need to post it here. Anyone can go look for themselves.

Go back to your pint.

The ball hit the apex of his upper arm /shoulder.

The angle of his arm wasn't relevant.

Maybe, just maybe, you might have the grace to accept that Liverpool of Liverpool can get the rub of the green in a CL final, then what happens in an early season league game maybe isn't quite as important.

So first of all you said his arm was tucked by his side. When I pointed out this was incorrect you've went and checked it, realised you were wrong and now you're saying the angle isn't relevant!  ;D

Sissoko has his arm pointed out, away from his body directing players.
The ball strikes his armpit, then his arm. Nowadays this would not be given. In 2019 however, under the old handball rules which would have applied here... It was 100% a penalty.

Now go to bed you absolute weapon.

thewobbler

The ball didn't hit his hand.

But that's not the point and you know it.

Spurs enjoyed a home team referee today. No doubt. It happens every once in a blue moon.

But if wasn't the worst refereeing in the recent history of Liverpool Spurs games. That happened 4 years ago.

RedHand88

What?? Who said it hit his hand? Tell me you realise the ball does not need to strike the hand for it to be handball.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: thewobbler on September 30, 2023, 11:55:55 PMThe ball didn't hit his hand.

But that's not the point and you know it.

Spurs enjoyed a home team referee today. No doubt. It happens every once in a blue moon.

But if wasn't the worst refereeing in the recent history of Liverpool Spurs games. That happened 4 years ago.

Wobbler. The rules were clear cut harsh tho they were. For a season or two if it hit the arm it was a pen and that was it. They've since relaxed. At the time it was a pen. Hard to take but like I say Spurs were never winning that game. Did a half fit Kane insist on playing I heard?

Jell 0 Biafra

No big deal really.  Liverpool will still finish ahead of Spurs, and City are still going to win the league.

J70

Based on the rules I grew up with, I thought the penalty in the Champions League final was very harsh, but under the rules in force at that time, it was a foul, end of story.

Regardless, I'm not overly bothered by today. The decisions went against Liverpool, on other days they'll go for them. I really enjoyed the performance. A shame they couldn't hold out, but we've nicked quite a few last minute wins against Spurs in recent seasons.

Hopefully, on a larger note, the PL will sort out the VAR nonsense and make sure something like that disallowed goal never happens again.

podge

Apparently VAR came to the correct decision but hit the wrong button!  Of course that is a basic human error but the real question is after hitting the wrong button what was the conversation that went on- they must surely have realised immediately and had enough time to intervene to correct it? In what scenario did they think the correct thing was to keep the head down and think it would not be noticed !

Milltown Row2

Taxi driver home last night was livid! He never stopped talking about it, I nearly asked him to go a mile further down the road I was enjoying it that much  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: J70 on October 01, 2023, 02:07:16 AMBased on the rules I grew up with, I thought the penalty in the Champions League final was very harsh, but under the rules in force at that time, it was a foul, end of story.

Regardless, I'm not overly bothered by today. The decisions went against Liverpool, on other days they'll go for them. I really enjoyed the performance. A shame they couldn't hold out, but we've nicked quite a few last minute wins against Spurs in recent seasons.

Hopefully, on a larger note, the PL will sort out the VAR nonsense and make sure something like that disallowed goal never happens again.

People make mistakes, the game of football is full of wrong decisions. Great performance. This will square back to Liverpool as officials will be afraid of hastily dishing out cards in the immediate future and VAR decisions that are marginal could swing our way.

Klopp not losing it yesterday, give him the high moral ground.

seafoid

It's not a huge deal given Man City lost. Liverpool and Man City have been correlated over  the last 5 matches and they are only 2 points behind. The discipline issue that led to the sendings off is more important than the  VAR injustice .

Winning teams win even in the last minute , are disciplined and accurate. This goes as much for Junior C in Laois to the World Cup in any sport. 

RedHand88

Anyone else still seething with rage today or is it just me?

quit yo jibbajabba

Sames. Var have fucked up plenty but this one was so clear it wasn't true and then the reasoning behind it makes it far worse. And then that they couldn't correct mistake as play had restarted. Sort of bullshit is that lol

seafoid

Liverpool moaning has extended into Monday on OTB with a 20 minute rant by Gareth Roberts. Imagine if it had happened at Old Trafford. It would be DEFCON 1.