Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: laoislad link=topic=2372.msg1673473#msg1I 73473 date=1488268943
Dunno which is worse. Telling us the man is dead when he isn't  or calling him Sir.

f**kers.

as for calling him Sir, he was knighted by his queen, I used sir as a sign of respect for the man.

I don't do fake news, I thought it genuine and I am delighted I was wrong.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2017, 10:33:18 PM
There were scores of TDs at Charlie Haughey's funeral,that did not make him a Saint.
You did say the cardinal would have a big funeral.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

longballin

Tommy Gemmell RIP - a Celtic great... scored in the 1967 and 1970 European Cup finals.

Harold Disgracey

longballin

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 02, 2017, 10:44:55 AM
He also memorably booted Helmut Haller up the hole!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnja51VticQ&sns=fb

Took him about the ankles... good hit all the same..

Hardy

Ha ha - brilliant. Especially yer man trying to run away.

Declan

Main Street

Haller theatrically  hits the deck  holding his head  ;D
He was the German player who lifted the wc 1966 match ball and took it home with him, and later had to endure the Daily Mirror's high profile campaign to get the ball back to (hatrick hero) Geoff.

BTW, that wasn't Tommy's first kick out at a player, he got away with this one in the Battle of Montivideo 1967
https://youtu.be/95jKohSPSDo?t=172

Tommy said
'It was Ayala who spat in one of our faces, now I don't mind somebody kicking me (except possibly Hallur) but for somebody to spit at you is just not onĀ“

ziggy90

I loved that team and Tommy Gemmell was a particular favourite.
RIP Tommy.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

mouview

Raymod Kopa, great French forward of the 50s; played for Real Madrid in 3 of their 6 European Cup victories of the time.

Owen Brannigan

John Surtees 1964 F1 champion also won four motorcycle world titles in between 1956-60

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/mar/10/john-surtees-formula-one-dies?CMP=share_btn_fb

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: laoislad on March 13, 2017, 04:51:07 PM
Eamon Casey
Father Jack can release that video tape of the son building sandcastles with the hat.
When this happened back in our school days we were delighted, it gave a great reason to wind up the religion teachers and put them on the back foot.
They've been in retreat ever since when you think about it.

armaghniac

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 13, 2017, 05:24:42 PM
Eamon Casey
Father Jack can release that video tape of the son building sandcastles with the hat.
When this happened back in our school days we were delighted, it gave a great reason to wind up the religion teachers and put them on the back foot.

Mind you in the overall scheme of things, making sandcastles with your son wasn't what you should have been asking the religion teachers about.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

Quote from: armaghniac on March 13, 2017, 05:33:14 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 13, 2017, 05:24:42 PM
Eamon Casey

Mind you in the overall scheme of things, making sandcastles with your son wasn't what you should have been asking the religion teachers about.

Indeed. He should have been asking things like, "the 'Immaculate Conception', you know this - how?" or "tell me again how it was a good and holy action for Abraham to agree to murder his son because he was ordered to do so by a voice in the sky". That sort of stuff.