Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nihilist

From my memory he was probably Rugby's first big big superstar. OK there were others around then but he was the stand out player of his era. Its a terribly sad time on his friends and family but especially his wife young kids. Hopefully in time they will come to appreciate the awe in which this man was held.

RIP to a Rugby and world sporting legend.   

muppet

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 18, 2015, 11:21:01 PM
faster than both , better side step and hand off than both, i have him in my team in front of either, only probably weakness was his kicking game on the turn as he didnt have to do it much. It was his speed which made him great combined with raw power.

A better player yes. But a better step than Campo? I don't agree.
MWWSI 2017

dec

Jonah Lomu, schools sports day

gallsman

Saw that on Twitter. 1989. Legend.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

leenie

Jimmy hill .. 87 years old

Former motd presenter and footballer
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: leenie on December 19, 2015, 01:46:16 PM

And the main man to change the livelihoods of the professional footballer forever!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tiempo

Quote from: leenie on December 19, 2015, 01:46:16 PM

Thought he spoke a lot of sense at times, sad he's gone.

BennyCake

Ah, I didn't mind auld Jimmy.

Anyone remember...

"What's the score? Up one-nil. Are you watching, Jimmy Hill?"

Gaffer

Quote from: BennyCake on December 19, 2015, 05:55:27 PM
Ah, I didn't mind auld Jimmy.

Anyone remember...

"What's the score? Up one-nil. Are you watching, Jimmy Hill?"

And his weekly prize of £100 worth of premium bonds on MOTD
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Boycey

My claim to fame is that Jimmy Hill almost knocked me down one time  ;D. It was the late 80s and United played QPR in a FA Cup replay in London. I was at it in my own and got lost coming out of it and as I wandered around looking to get back to the tube I stepped out in front of a car coming out of a block of building and who should it be but the bold Jimmy..

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on December 19, 2015, 07:26:19 PM
My claim to fame is that Jimmy Hill almost knocked me down one time  ;D. It was the late 80s and United played QPR in a FA Cup replay in London. I was at it in my own and got lost coming out of it and as I wandered around looking to get back to the tube I stepped out in front of a car coming out of a block of building and who should it be but the bold Jimmy..

Appropriately, it was probably one of Boycey's own dodgy motors that nearly run him over. Unless you're a different Boycey, of course.