Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 22, 2014, 10:39:50 AM
Quote'I remember the night before I got out, looking up at the sky through the bars at Brixton prison and crying,' says Gerry Conlon, as he sips a Diet Coke in a quiet pub in Belfast's city centre. 'Not crying with joy, but crying with anticipation of what lay ahead of me...because this had become my home.'

http://thejusticegap.com/2014/06/days-wish-still-prison-days-wish-dead-2/

Giuseppe is waiting for ye Gerry...another case that should never be forgotten.

RIP Gerry

RIP Gerry...not that u forget what went on but it takes me to read the likes of that again to bring back the shit that happened to some very unfortunate people.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

seafoid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 22, 2014, 10:39:50 AM
Quote'I remember the night before I got out, looking up at the sky through the bars at Brixton prison and crying,' says Gerry Conlon, as he sips a Diet Coke in a quiet pub in Belfast's city centre. 'Not crying with joy, but crying with anticipation of what lay ahead of me...because this had become my home.'

http://thejusticegap.com/2014/06/days-wish-still-prison-days-wish-dead-2/

Giuseppe is waiting for ye Gerry...another case that should never be forgotten.

RIP Gerry

Gareth Peirce said it very well

The example of what happened to Gerry and his entire family should haunt us forever. Sadly these lessons are jettisoned when the next suspect community is constructed.

She is a wonderful person.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Awful sad news, hopefully this stuff will never happen here again, the Americans are still at it though with the likes of Guantanamo Bay

Did anyone hear Paul Hill on RTE radio today, I just caught it by chance, I think he said that their injustice was far greater than the ones that died in Birmingham and Guildford. My kid was sorta chatting in car so I wasn't too sure that was it, my wife looked at me at the time and she thought he said same thing.

On a side note Hill's accent is the worst I've ever heard
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ulick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 22, 2014, 03:45:52 PM
Awful sad news, hopefully this stuff will never happen here again, the Americans are still at it though with the likes of Guantanamo Bay

Did anyone hear Paul Hill on RTE radio today, I just caught it by chance, I think he said that their injustice was far greater than the ones that died in Birmingham and Guildford. My kid was sorta chatting in car so I wasn't too sure that was it, my wife looked at me at the time and she thought he said same thing.

I didn't hear him say that. I think he said something along the lines of he didn't want to diminish the injustice of those that died in Birmingham and Guildford.

His main focus was to lambaste the Irish media, government and politicians for ignoring their case for so long - especially those 'hypocrites' who are now eulogising Gerry Conlon. The presenter tried to steer him towards criticising republicans (as Seamus Mallon had done in the previous interview) - he wasn't wearing that either and acknowledged the Balcombe Street IRA members gave statements which exonerated the Guildford Four - directly contradicting what Mallon said. It'll be a long time before he's asked back, though given the obvious disdain he had for RTE he'll not lose much sleep about it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ulick on June 22, 2014, 05:10:38 PM

I didn't hear him say that. I think he said something along the lines of he didn't want to diminish the injustice of those that died in Birmingham and Guildford.

His main focus was to lambaste the Irish media, government and politicians for ignoring their case for so long - especially those 'hypocrites' who are now eulogising Gerry Conlon. The presenter tried to steer him towards criticising republicans (as Seamus Mallon had done in the previous interview) - he wasn't wearing that either and acknowledged the Balcombe Street IRA members gave statements which exonerated the Guildford Four - directly contradicting what Mallon said. It'll be a long time before he's asked back, though given the obvious disdain he had for RTE he'll not lose much sleep about it.

Aye I thought that would have been a tad rough. He was very vocal and as you said the commentator was trying to steer him that direction.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maguire01

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 22, 2014, 05:26:16 PM

Aye I thought that would have been a tad rough. He was very vocal and as you said the commentator was trying to steer him that direction.
It's reported as Milltown Row picked it up:
http://www.thejournal.ie/gerry-conlon-guildford-four-1531288-Jun2014/

Ulick

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 22, 2014, 06:16:05 PM

Dunno, that's open to interpretation. In that article he says "greater miscarriage of justice than those who died" which would indicate he's talking about the legal process. In the interview he was clear that those who prepared and planted the bombs, admitted so and were imprisoned - so in a way the victims of the bombs got justice.

Maguire01

Quote from: Ulick on June 22, 2014, 07:37:50 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 22, 2014, 06:16:05 PM

Dunno, that's open to interpretation. In that article he says "greater miscarriage of justice than those who died" which would indicate he's talking about the legal process. In the interview he was clear that those who prepared and planted the bombs, admitted so and were imprisoned - so in a way the victims of the bombs got justice.
Is it not the case that no one was every properly convicted for the bombings? Those who were imprisoned were convicted for other crimes, no?

Ulick

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 22, 2014, 07:56:17 PM
Is it not the case that no one was every properly convicted for the bombings? Those who were imprisoned were convicted for other crimes, no?

So which is the greater miscarriage of justice:
1. The person who killed your loved one spending 24 years in gaol but for a different killing. If they had been convicted of killing your loved one they wouldn't have spent any longer in gaol.
2. Spending 15 years in gaol for something you didn't do

Maguire01

Quote from: Ulick on June 22, 2014, 09:01:26 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 22, 2014, 07:56:17 PM

So which is the greater miscarriage of justice:
1. The person who killed your loved one spending 24 years in gaol but for a different killing. If they had been convicted of killing your loved one they wouldn't have spent any longer in gaol.
2. Spending 15 years in gaol for something you didn't do
I'm not sure they're comparable, but for the first example I was thinking about those who were killed, not their families. Either way, I don't want to drag this thread into a debate.

Aristo 60

Eli Wallach - aged 98 - aka 'Tuco'

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Aristo 60 on June 25, 2014, 09:17:04 AM

jees, some age. knew he was old, just not that old.

"If youre gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk"

Orior

The Good die young.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

The original Tuco.

The new Tuco.

MWWSI 2017