Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Soloing

QuoteBut marrying a Manc! Aren't there laws against that kind of thing?

She isnt a Manc. She was at uni in Manchester.

Square Ball

Used to go into the local bar which had its own bookie and similar to the football ones used to watch the page from the start of the race to the result came up, a bit monotonous in races over a mile.

loved one of the quiz pages, was it bamboozle or something like that
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Square Ball on October 23, 2012, 06:48:33 PM
Used to go into the local bar which had its own bookie and similar to the football ones used to watch the page from the start of the race to the result came up, a bit monotonous in races over a mile.

loved one of the quiz pages, was it bamboozle or something like that
Aye with Bamber Boozler. Think it was on Channel 4 teletext.

For as long as I can remember the last thing I did before going up to bed was to check Teletext in the order of Sport, Northern Ireland News and World/UK News followed by the daily quiz on Bamboozle.

Square Ball

pages from 1985, the top40 an Leeds in the European cup

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19996372
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Feckitt

Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!

I turned on the telly this morning and not only was Aertel alive and well but had been updated with all latest news and sport!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Feckitt on October 25, 2012, 06:13:15 PM
Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!

I turned on the telly this morning and not only was Aertel alive and well but had been updated with all latest news and sport!

Aertel is grand, I believe they are keeping that going. Ceefax is what has been terminated, the original teletext service which was on the BBC.

deiseach

Quote from: Feckitt on October 25, 2012, 06:13:15 PM

They've turned over a new leaf then.

Shamrock Shore

Henry McCullough RIP

Henry, who was from Portstewart in Derry, was an excellent guitarist and is/was famous for:

(i) only Irishman to play Woodstock as he was in Joe Cocker's back up band
(ii) played with Wings (guitar solo on My Love) for a while until he got the hump with McCartney
(iii) can be heard on 'Dark Side of the Moon' "I don't know, I was drunk at the time"

RIP Henry

Mont

legend
rip henry

edit
stil a legend
rock on henry

Ulick

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 07, 2012, 12:35:36 PM
Henry McCullough RIP

Henry, who was from Portstewart in Derry, was an excellent guitarist and is/was famous for:

(i) only Irishman to play Woodstock as he was in Joe Cocker's back up band
(ii) played with Wings (guitar solo on My Love) for a while until he got the hump with McCartney
(iii) can be heard on 'Dark Side of the Moon' "I don't know, I was drunk at the time"

RIP Henry

His sister was just on the radio - he's not dead (yet).

Shamrock Shore

Confusion reigns - typical McCullough. Contrary to the last. Hope he pulls through. His 'death' is being reported on radio and the blogs but if his sister says he's alive then that's good enough for me.

Update:

Big massive apology from Ronan Collins on Livewhinge as he announced the death on his earlier radio show.

Ulick

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 07, 2012, 01:36:13 PM
Confusion reigns - typical McCullough. Contrary to the last. Hope he pulls through. His 'death' is being reported on radio and the blogs but if his sister says he's alive then that's good enough for me.

Doesn't look good for him though. Was a bit insensitive of the BBC having her on live when she was in such a state. Basically he had a heart attack last night. They switched off some of the life support machinery today to see if he could survive unaided, but it didn't work. He's still in the Coleraine ICU.

Harold Disgracey

Clive Dunn, cpl Jones from Dad's Army.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20239694

Actor Clive Dunn, best known for his role as Lance-Corporal Jones in Dad's Army, has died aged 92.

He was in Portugal and died from complications following an operation earlier this week.

Dunn - also known for My Old Man and Grandad - became a recording star in 1971 when his record, Grandad, reached number one in the charts.

He is survived by his wife Priscilla Morgan and two daughters, Jessica and Polly.

Hardy

Another one I thought was long dead. So great news! He was alive all these years.