Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogieman

Quote from: delgany on February 09, 2019, 06:01:56 PM
Division 1  in Kerry    beginning to show up the difference between the sides. ENDAS making some poor decisions in attack. Rory Scott not on the ball enough

Only one word now; deranged

Ps. The result shows the level...
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Milltown Row2

East Kerry senior league team, with the likes of Crokes and Austin Stacks in their league shows what this team is up against every week, few Kerry panellists also.

Finding space and taking their chances they'd have been more than a match for our senior champions
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: bogieman on February 09, 2019, 11:01:40 PM
Quote from: delgany on February 09, 2019, 06:01:56 PM
Division 1  in Kerry    beginning to show up the difference between the sides. ENDAS making some poor decisions in attack. Rory Scott not on the ball enough

Only one word now; deranged

Ps. The result shows the level...
[/quo

Jog on you  clown       the difference in standards   is clearly evident .   St endas  have taken stick for playing intermediate   but  the Kerry team are not an intermediate team

outinfront

Kilcummin were the better team. However endas started the game far too open at the back and left the full backline out to dry for 10 minutes which essentially ended the match. From there on endas had to go for broke. Over time they tired and the ability of the Kerry team enabled them to exploit the spaces and tired legs of endas. Valiant effort all the same.

bogieman

I'll complete my last statement, and try and make it as unambiguous as possible;
The result shows the level between a 2018 Div 2 Kerry team and a 2018 Div 1 Antrim team.

Embarrassment had some Antrim men trying to disiguse this fact, whitewashing... some were quite entertaining in the stealth

It's over now, let's move on, I don't want to have to go down a few levels.  ;)
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

imtommygunn

I had never heard of Kevin McCarthy before so didn't realise he actually was a Kerry senior since 2 years ago. Google also threw up a few issues with him which is maybe why we didn't see him last year  ???

Bogieman yesterday just showed Kerry football is better than Antrim football. The main embarrassment is that post - not sure if the parts that make sense or the parts that don't are the most embarrassing.

Great run by stendas. Hopefully they'll push on in the senior championship now. Would be good to see a few teams outside the usual suspects challenging.

Saffrongael

You can't get relegated form Div 4 ?  ???
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Na Glinntí Glasa

championship draws moved again to next week
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

The few who travelled to support Antrim footballers were put through the entire gamut of emotions yesterday.

Pride at such a gutsy on the front foot effort from the first whistle. Disappointment at not being composed enough to take four or five fairly easy chances that would have given us a proper lead with the wind, especially when we were totally dominating the game.

Anger at the wee useless, completdly out of his depth Sligo referee who played to the home crowd giving Leitrim many soft frees to bring them back into it. He signalled for a superb Ryan Murray point, Neither umpire objected, keeper went to kick the ball out....next thing the wee git got into a conversation on his head set with the LINESMAN, who said it was wide. That's with 5 mins to go with the game in the melting pot. Ryan contested the decision too vigorously for his liking and got a red card. Our best player removed for the final die dog last few minutes.

Declan Lynch was superb throughout, but he contested a debatable foul with the ref who brought the ball forward TWENTY yards, right into the scoring zone. Another point he scored for them.

For the first time ever I met a referee coming off the pitch and called him out for what he was. He got every barrel I had and I can definitely say that if that kind of inept inconsistent refereeing performance was against a team with a large passionate support, he would have needed the guards to get him off the pitch.

A really frustrating day but plenty of positives about the fight and spirit in the squad.

Gold

Quote from: bannside on February 11, 2019, 10:42:31 AM
The few who travelled to support Antrim footballers were put through the entire gamut of emotions yesterday.

Pride at such a gutsy on the front foot effort from the first whistle. Disappointment at not being composed enough to take four or five fairly easy chances that would have given us a proper lead with the wind, especially when we were totally dominating the game.

Anger at the wee useless, completdly out of his depth Sligo referee who played to the home crowd giving Leitrim many soft frees to bring them back into it. He signalled for a superb Ryan Murray point, Neither umpire objected, keeper went to kick the ball out....next thing the wee git got into a conversation on his head set with the LINESMAN, who said it was wide. That's with 5 mins to go with the game in the melting pot. Ryan contested the decision too vigorously for his liking and got a red card. Our best player removed for the final die dog last few minutes.

Declan Lynch was superb throughout, but he contested a debatable foul with the ref who brought the ball forward TWENTY yards, right into the scoring zone. Another point he scored for them.

For the first time ever I met a referee coming off the pitch and called him out for what he was. He got every barrel I had and I can definitely say that if that kind of inept inconsistent refereeing performance was against a team with a large passionate support, he would have needed the guards to get him off the pitch.

A really frustrating day but plenty of positives about the fight and spirit in the squad.

Good report. Cheers BS
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gold on February 11, 2019, 10:26:05 PM
Quote from: bannside on February 11, 2019, 10:42:31 AM

Good report. Cheers BS

Bar abusing the ref  ;)

Very frustrating as a supporter, there has been some even higher profile games (especially football) that I'm questioning most of the decisions. Must be even worse travelling away to Leitrim and being short changed by the officials (allegedly of course  :o )
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

The really annoying thing was that even allowing for the diabolical referee, we had more than enough chances to put the game out of Sligos reach. A victory would have opened up the league table, and on the grounds that Derry should beat Leitrim, it would mean that we were back in the promotion hunt...especially with London beating Wexford!

We were as good as any of the 3 teams we have played...but both Derry and Leitrim have 6 points, and Antrim have zero!

Saffrongael

When you aren't taking chances that tells you something about a players ability and in turn the quality of an overall team ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Belfast GAA man

Here's last year's Div 1 top 6 in order
1)Creggan
2)NG
3)Cargin
4)NEoin
5)LD
6)PG1

anyone think NEanna will break into this and at who's expense?

Spike

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 12, 2019, 04:28:23 PM
Here's last year's Div 1 top 6 in order
1)Creggan
2)NG
3)Cargin
4)NEoin
5)LD
6)PG1

anyone think NEanna will break into this and at who's expense?

Don't see it. Perhaps PG1 if their trajectory has been stunted somehow.  NEanna were very fit last year and came out of the blocks quickly, expect the same in the league this year but suspect they are way off a senior championship tilt.

ps love Bannside's Antrim optimism, got to give it to the guy, we're bottom of Div 4 and he can still see the bright side. Supporter of the year already!