Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 28, 2019, 04:52:06 PM
So to summarize SW transfers mentioned so far
Bellaghy to pg1
Randalstown to creggan
Antrim to creggan
Creggan to Cargin
Creggan to Antrim
Randalstown to cargin
Maybe the LD lads quit as they didn’t get their transfer targets !

add ahoghill to pg1 in there and if I'm not mistaken rtown have an ex creggan forward playing for them at the minute.

Caesar

Who are the Bellaghy players supposedly playing for Portglenone? I wasn't aware of this.

Eamonn Fyfe is a good young player. Fair play to him for making the commitment. We cant fault the lads who are prepared to give it a go!

Caesar

Also let's not bother getting into the transfer policies of the Belfast clubs over the years or we will be here till Christmas!

Cranfield

;D
Quote from: paddyjohn on November 28, 2019, 11:16:26 PM
Quote from: Peter john on October 18, 2019, 09:36:14 PM
Eamonn fyfe is not county standard even at div 4 level, and for what it's worth, commitment would be an issue there

:-X

Cranfield

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2019, 03:40:20 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 28, 2019, 03:16:31 PM
i blame MR2 for everything.

Season is over for me so, gloves are off  ;)

So for the Cargin lads, what is the problem at Ulster? This year I really couldn't blame anyone on this, as there was a lot of tired legs out there against Derrygonnelly and to be fair to the Fermanagh lads, they were/are a decent team.

4 championships in 5 seasons is some success in fairness and would be the envy of most clubs apart from St.Galls.

But at the same time 0 wins in Ulster for a team with that experience and quality has to be a bit of a failure?

Usually when a team has that roll of titles in a short space of time they make some sort of impact in Ulster.

Likss of Kilcoo, Scotstown, Cross, Slaughtneil and then Derrygonnelly this year won 2 matches.

imtommygunn

He's a young guy peterjohn. You are very harsh.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Peter john on November 29, 2019, 10:44:45 AM
Commitment to me is sticking it out for the season,if im proved wrong ill hold my hands up, lets just see how many games he starts in div 4 🤷🏻‍♂️

He got a placement in the states as far as I know as thats where he went.

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Caesar on November 29, 2019, 09:04:39 AM
Also let's not bother getting into the transfer policies of the Belfast clubs over the years or we will be here till Christmas!

Please shout out the Belfast clubs transfers. The SW clubs have been getting it in the neck

Belfast GAA man

Rodger Mona

pollock nugent, about 30 aldegrove men to lamh dearg, fitzpatrick in fact started at st.galls under age, the amount of GNMona men who left to go to OD's for the offer of free pints after games

and dont get me started on st. brigids

paddyjohn

Did the lord mayor not play for St Endas? Niall Ward played for Sars and then St Pauls and now Lisburn I think.

Stillwater2

Dont think he Niall Ward played for Sarsfields, his father and uncles did but not him.

bannside

PG1 indeed did facilitate a few transfers from across the Bann in their time, can think of three in particular who were living or married in PG1 but from Bellaghy/South Derry stock. It should be noted that this occurrence was eleven years ago and every current player on the present senior panel has been born and bred in the parish. Weve been trying hard to convince Justin Crozier and Tomas Mc Cann to swap allegiance( they now live in the parishtoo) but so far to no avail!

Hood Hearted meanwhile has had more clubs than John Daly. Right or wrong Big G?

belfastsaff

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 29, 2019, 01:39:56 PM
Did the lord mayor not play for St Endas? Niall Ward played for Sars and then St Pauls and now Lisburn I think.

a year for st johns after st pauls to.

Dunsilly King

I remember looking at last years list of transfers and and I think I counted 9 from Eire Og transferring to St Galls😳