Building a house

Started by JimStynes, February 26, 2011, 04:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Quote from: LeoMc on July 04, 2016, 08:00:07 AM
Quote from: Hereiam on July 02, 2016, 07:01:22 PM
150 cavity with 100mm PIR Insulation. Not a fan of the blow in stuff as u are relying on someones word which these days means nothing
On the other hand you are relying on the builder to get the joints and corners right with the board. Swings and roundabouts.

You can tell the bead guy that you are bringing a guy onsite to test it's properly done by drilling test holes in the walls. That will usually make them sure they are pumping it right.

safeplayer

Just looking a bit of advice.
I submitted an outline plan to build a house on our farm. This is the first planning application related to the farm.
We submitted the application at the start of March which the architect thought would be a very straightforward process. Planning have sent out 2 consultations both of which have had no issues, 1 consultation was responded to in April the other at the start of June.
Since then there has been no movement and my patience is starting to go, surely it cant take over 5 months for a decision when there has been no objections thus far.
Both me and the architect have rang and asked what the hold up is and were told it would be looked into, but nothing has happened.
Anyone have any similar dealings with planning or anyone any advice on what to do?
Surely it shouldn't take this long.

supersarsfields

July happened!! Nothing moves in the planning office during that month in my experience. I think we took roughly 4-5 months as well and it was about the same time of year.

Hereiam

What it boils down to is the lack of pressure from your architect. This is what u pay him for you shouldn't have to ring about it. Poor service if you ask me.

redzone

Anybody know were I can buy rubber mulch (bark) in  ni. How much it cost roughly and coverage. Thanks

Olly

In 50 years do you think houses will be made of something different. Bricks and mortar seems a bit neanderthal.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

clarshack

Quote from: safeplayer on August 12, 2016, 04:08:26 PM
I submitted an outline plan to build a house on our farm. This is the first planning application related to the farm.
We submitted the application at the start of March which the architect thought would be a very straightforward process. Planning have sent out 2 consultations both of which have had no issues, 1 consultation was responded to in April the other at the start of June.
Since then there has been no movement and my patience is starting to go, surely it cant take over 5 months for a decision when there has been no objections thus far.
Both me and the architect have rang and asked what the hold up is and were told it would be looked into, but nothing has happened.
Anyone have any similar dealings with planning or anyone any advice on what to do?

sent in planning application for an extension in early may 2015, it was approved around mid august 2015 and that was the easy bit tbh. wait until you deal with building control!!!

heganboy

Quote from: Olly on August 13, 2016, 11:24:20 PM
In 50 years do you think houses will be made of something different. Bricks and mortar seems a bit neanderthal.

In the us, they are all made from wood
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

aontroim abu

Quote from: clarshack on August 14, 2016, 12:12:09 AM
Quote from: safeplayer on August 12, 2016, 04:08:26 PM

sent in planning application for an extension in early may 2015, it was approved around mid august 2015 and that was the easy bit tbh. wait until you deal with building control!!!

think youre totally off kilter there Clarsach

gander

Anyone ever get a worktop from Project Marble (PM Fireplaces) in Dungannon?

Hereiam

Have dealt with them in the past and would have no problem with them

Timber Time

Anyone have experience of NIEA requesting a habitat survey specifically an otter and badger survey?

Any reccomendations on company's in the North which provide these surveys?

Thanks

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Timber Time on September 12, 2016, 10:27:27 AM
Anyone have experience of NIEA requesting a habitat survey specifically an otter and badger survey?

Thanks
Oh dear. I know someone who spent about 20 grand sorting all that out  :'(

5 Sams

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 12, 2016, 01:44:16 PM
Quote from: Timber Time on September 12, 2016, 10:27:27 AM

Thanks
Oh dear. I know someone who spent about 20 grand sorting all that out  :'(

We had to get one done because we were doing work at the field and there was some sort of rare newt living near where we were working. It was about 3 grand as far as I can remember.
The Aristocrat Years

Timber Time

That's expensive...
Any company names?