Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Points a Good Score

Long time ago that one, would have had no bearing on Sundays game or on these sets of players. MR2 was close enough to judge and his evaluation of early season getting to know each other would be pretty accurate.

paddyjohn

Heard a rumour this evening that the fixtures folk are seriously considering the games this weekend due to the coronavirus.. Key word here being rumour!!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Points a Good Score on March 10, 2020, 03:18:53 PM
Long time ago that one, would have had no bearing on Sundays game or on these sets of players. MR2 was close enough to judge and his evaluation of early season getting to know each other would be pretty accurate.

Who said it would of had a bearing?

delgany

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 10, 2020, 10:23:02 PM
Heard a rumour this evening that the fixtures folk are seriously considering the games this weekend due to the coronavirus.. Key word here being rumour!!

CCC have offered clubs opportunity to move matches to  Sat, to allow members to attend  inter county games on Sun !

delgany

Quote from: delgany on March 10, 2020, 11:01:15 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on March 10, 2020, 10:23:02 PM

CCC have offered clubs opportunity to move matches to  Sat, to allow members to attend  inter county games on Sun !

All GAA units and club activities in Antrim are suspended from tomorrow

Na Glinntí Glasa

Dunloy has followed suit and all training etc is cancelled from this moment.

A bit of sense at last and good to see ireland proactive whereas over the water they dither away at stopping this.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 12, 2020, 01:49:44 PM
Dunloy has followed suit and all training etc is cancelled from this moment.

A bit of sense at last and good to see ireland proactive whereas over the water they dither away at stopping this.

sure we stopped everything last week ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Peter john on March 12, 2020, 02:05:56 PM
NFL fixtures going ahead, but county chair thinks hold on a minute let me be the first to stop all activities, just like the player welfare stunt at the dub in the championship,all about his profile, its a serious problem dont get me wrong but really its all about him

I don't think we need to get you wrong, he has simply taken the most appropriate and sensible position to take give the current circumstances.

The Gs Man

NFL fixtures going ahead, but county chair thinks hold on a minute let me be the first to stop all activities, just like the player welfare stunt at the dub in the championship,all about his profile, its a serious problem dont get me wrong but really its all about him

Jaysus man, the country is going into lockdown but you're getting a dig in at the county chair.   ::)
Keep 'er lit

Caesar

Same thing announced in Derry today too.

johnnycool

Quote from: Caesar on March 12, 2020, 02:28:09 PM

And Down.

Proper action.

delgany

ALL GAA UNITS AND ACTIVITIES SHUT DOWN TO 29TH MARCH THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on March 12, 2020, 02:43:26 PM
Quote from: Caesar on March 12, 2020, 02:28:09 PM

And Down.

Proper action.

It's our county chairman's ego though...

JimStynes

Wise up ffs

Belfast GAA man

he didn't have a choice - ironic though schools are open with kids in greater numbers than would be at our training sessions and matches. As usual the 6 counties an after Thought when Dublin GAA make their decisions!