Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W.A.G. Lover

With majority of clubs now finished up, excluding Division 2 and playoffs, the managerial merry-go-round will be due to kick off soon. Any big sackings? Resignations? Appointments?

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on November 05, 2019, 09:44:01 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 03, 2019, 07:26:31 PM
Rock have had their day on social media.

"The GAA needs to take a good look at itself, two Tyrone teams were eliminated from Ulster Championship games over the weekend on penalties, ourselves and now Trillick....no GAA match should ever be decided on penalties, next thing we will be having corner kicks and no handball. At the very worst another five minutes each way should be played. Remember the famous Dublin v Meath saga.....no penalties needed there.....battle until the end. We definitely need to stand up against this soccer rule coming into our game."

The f**king state of this. They come across as a bunch of w**kers. Some jump from penalties to soccer. If I was from the Rock I'd be embarrassed.

It's been doubled down on with another post this morning. They really need to take the phone off him at this stage.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: trailer on November 05, 2019, 09:44:01 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 03, 2019, 07:26:31 PM
Rock have had their day on social media.

"The GAA needs to take a good look at itself, two Tyrone teams were eliminated from Ulster Championship games over the weekend on penalties, ourselves and now Trillick....no GAA match should ever be decided on penalties, next thing we will be having corner kicks and no handball. At the very worst another five minutes each way should be played. Remember the famous Dublin v Meath saga.....no penalties needed there.....battle until the end. We definitely need to stand up against this soccer rule coming into our game."

The f**king state of this. They come across as a bunch of w**kers. Some jump from penalties to soccer. If I was from the Rock I'd be embarrassed.

Looks terrible on the Rock.  Had they won the penalty shootout, would they have tweeted poor Buncrana?  You can bet there wouldn't have been a word about it.  Or even if Rock had won the penalty shootout and Trillick lost, what would they have tweeted?  Embarrassing from the Rock, just looks like the worst sour grapes ever

southtyronegael

Hilarious shit from the rock! People from other counties call us tymoanies. Any wonder why.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on November 05, 2019, 10:06:36 AM
With majority of clubs now finished up, excluding Division 2 and playoffs, the managerial merry-go-round will be due to kick off soon. Any big sackings? Resignations? Appointments?

Heard Coalisland are keeping an open mind on next season - O'Hagan could pull pin.

Pearse Blue

Which Tyrone men are looking teams? Not a fan of this drafting Derry men in looking handy pay checks

PeterEli

What way do we see things working out in Division 2 this weekend?

Pomeroy v Greencastle
Augher v Strabane
Beragh v Loughmacrory
Galbally v Cookstown
Gortin v Clogher
Moortown v Newtownstewart
Owen Roes v Stewartstown
Aghyaran v Urney

At the top: Galbally at home to Cookstown, a defeat for Fr. Rocks will see them in relegation play offs, can't see anything other than a Galbally win here.
Beragh v Lough, if Lough were told at the start of the year they need a win v Beragh on last day to secure senior football next year they would have took it, I am sure there must be some nerves in the camp this week and Beragh would love to spoil the party, expecting Lough win.
Pomeroy v Greencastle on Saturday afternoon, Pomeroy win here to move into second place and leave the pressure on for Lough the next day.

At the bottom: Urney are already gone and seem to have thrown the towel in.
Newton playing Moortown, possibly in Garvaghy mid week or Friday? Correct me if I am wrong here, but both Strabane and Stewartstown have both beated Newton so even if Newton are level on 10 points with either of them they are in relegation play off anyway based on head to head?
Strabane v Augher, last few weeks would suggest that Augher have no interest in play offs, very strange considering a few weeks back they were in a position to play Clogher again in play offs, maybe they didn't fancy that possibility. Strabane will likely pick up easy points here.
Owen Roes v Stewartstown, Owen Roes win here leaving Stewartstown possibly level with Newton, although they won the head to head which should see them safe?

In the middle:
Owen Roes and Clogher guaranteed to play each other in play offs with what looks like no other team looking to fill the final spot? Possible teams to take it are Augher, Greencastle, Gortin, Moortown and Beragh, with all possibly going to get beat it would leave Augher staying in 6th place with an away trip to Pomeroy or Loughmacrory.

There is the the very very outside possibility of four teams finishing on 10 points would leave a tricky situation.

Overall I  am going for, Gallbally winners, Lough runners up, Pomeroy v Augher, Clogher v Owen Roes, Newton v Cookstown.

GetOverTheBar

I mind saying did anyone think Cookstown could make a sneaky run at D2 Champo and someone said it's more likely they'll be relegated....

How did it come to this for Cookstown?

WT4E

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 05, 2019, 12:12:28 PM
I mind saying did anyone think Cookstown could make a sneaky run at D2 Champo and someone said it's more likely they'll be relegated....

How did it come to this for Cookstown?

Cant really laugh too much at our rivals due to our rapid decline in recent years but what I do know is that there has been alot of in fighting for a number years within the club.

This year I heard that there was changing room walk outs mid game etc and management not having an easy time of it due to their decision making - right or wrong. Rumour has it last day out they played a certain player who had told them he wouldnt play as he was playing soccer instead - soccer match cancelled... turns up... gets playing!

valley19

Quote from: PeterEli on November 05, 2019, 12:07:51 PM

Pomeroy v Greencastle
Augher v Strabane
Beragh v Loughmacrory
Galbally v Cookstown
Gortin v Clogher
Owen Roes v Stewartstown
Aghyaran v Urney

At the top: Galbally at home to Cookstown, a defeat for Fr. Rocks will see them in relegation play offs, can't see anything other than a Galbally win here.
Beragh v Lough, if Lough were told at the start of the year they need a win v Beragh on last day to secure senior football next year they would have took it, I am sure there must be some nerves in the camp this week and Beragh would love to spoil the party, expecting Lough win.
Pomeroy v Greencastle on Saturday afternoon, Pomeroy win here to move into second place and leave the pressure on for Lough the next day.

Newton playing Moortown, possibly in Garvaghy mid week or Friday? Correct me if I am wrong here, but both Strabane and Stewartstown have both beated Newton so even if Newton are level on 10 points with either of them they are in relegation play off anyway based on head to head?
Strabane v Augher, last few weeks would suggest that Augher have no interest in play offs, very strange considering a few weeks back they were in a position to play Clogher again in play offs, maybe they didn't fancy that possibility. Strabane will likely pick up easy points here.
Owen Roes v Stewartstown, Owen Roes win here leaving Stewartstown possibly level with Newton, although they won the head to head which should see them safe?

In the middle:
Owen Roes and Clogher guaranteed to play each other in play offs with what looks like no other team looking to fill the final spot? Possible teams to take it are Augher, Greencastle, Gortin, Moortown and Beragh, with all possibly going to get beat it would leave Augher staying in 6th place with an away trip to Pomeroy or Loughmacrory.

There is the the very very outside possibility of four teams finishing on 10 points would leave a tricky situation.

Overall I  am going for, Gallbally winners, Lough runners up, Pomeroy v Augher, Clogher v Owen Roes, Newton v Cookstown.

Pomeroy v Greencastle- Pomeroy by 8
Augher v Strabane-Draw
Beragh v Loughmacrory-Lough by 4
Galbally v Cookstown-Galbally by 10+
Gortin v Clogher-Clogher by 3
Moortown v Newtownstewart- Moortown by 1
Owen Roes v Stewartstown-Roes by 7

clarshack

Newtownstewart will beat Moortown comfortable enough.

GaelTheGael

Pomeroy v Greencastle
Augher v Strabane
Beragh v Loughmacrory
Galbally v Cookstown
Gortin v Clogher
Owen Roes v Stewartstown
Aghyaran v Urney

In the middle:

If the teams end up tied on 13 points for 6th place does it not go to a play off for play offs siutation due to Augher conceding a game already?

skeog

WT4E

Quote from: skeog on November 05, 2019, 04:38:34 PM
Newtonstewart will stay up imo.

Big call at this stage - You have them better than Cookstown, Kileeshil and Kildress? Hard to know!

blewuporstuffed

Pomeroy v Greencastle
Augher v Strabane
Beragh v Loughmacrory
Galbally v Cookstown
Gortin v Clogher
Owen Roes v Stewartstown
Aghyaran v Urney

In the middle:

The reason Augher were forced to concede V Owen Roes was that they had a  players stag do that weekend involving 12 from the senior squad.
The game was asked to be put back as the following weekend was free anyway, but Owen Roes refused.
This was particularly disappointing as Owen roes themselves had gotten the previous round of fixtures put back a week due to having ONE player unavailable.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either