The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

I heard that McGregor and Mayweather where in the process of buying UFC, and that they where going to headline UFC 200 with their own bout.

Hound

Quote from: lurganblue on May 11, 2016, 02:22:12 PM
This McGregor v Mayweather talk.  Normally these things pop up on social media and are very quickly rubbished and people move on.  This time it seems to be lingering around a little and even gathering a little pace.  Still smell bullsh*t?

Also, rumours that UFC is up for sale.
ESPN had a story this week that a sale was near agreed for up to $4billion. The brothers who own it bought it for €2million in 2001.
But Dana White immediately came out and said it's not for sale.

If Conor was actually capable of competing with Mayweather in a boxing ring would he not already be boxing? Generally more money to be made in elite boxing than UFC/MMA.

Be interesting to see how Conor would actually get on in a boxing ring, but I think a decent Irish fighter might be a step too far for him, never mind Mayweather.

muppet

Quote from: Hound on May 11, 2016, 04:55:51 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 11, 2016, 02:22:12 PM
This McGregor v Mayweather talk.  Normally these things pop up on social media and are very quickly rubbished and people move on.  This time it seems to be lingering around a little and even gathering a little pace.  Still smell bullsh*t?

Also, rumours that UFC is up for sale.
ESPN had a story this week that a sale was near agreed for up to $4billion. The brothers who own it bought it for €2million in 2001.
But Dana White immediately came out and said it's not for sale.

If Conor was actually capable of competing with Mayweather in a boxing ring would he not already be boxing? Generally more money to be made in elite boxing than UFC/MMA.

Be interesting to see how Conor would actually get on in a boxing ring, but I think a decent Irish fighter might be a step too far for him, never mind Mayweather.

Mayweather's Dad would be a better fight for McGregor.
MWWSI 2017

Medic

*NEW* CONOR MCGREGOR FULL INTERVIEW WITH ESPN - 'MAYWEATHER NEEDS ME'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-6_SDinTBI
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

gallsman

gallsman

Lesnar back and fighting at 200.

downtown

Mc gregor/Diaz confirmed for august

gallsman

Great to see Bisping grasp his shot. Rockhold's cockiness hit him knocked the f**k out. And he deserved it.

JimStynes

I see your man Helwani got banned from UFC for life.

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on June 05, 2016, 10:16:06 AM
I see your man Helwani got banned from UFC for life.

Are, forgot to mention this. Complete disgrace, they're nothing more than a shower of bullies. The man was doing his job, nothing more.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on June 05, 2016, 05:43:00 AM
He'll have to cut back on the angel dust between now and then. Man looks like a bull ready for mart.

Club Rossa

Was so sure Rockhold would handle Bisping I didn't even bother to stay up for it :o watched it this morning and couldn't believe how laid back and relaxed Rockhold looked before it.He said afterwards that he took Bisping for granted.

Syferus

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2016, 11:18:49 AM
Quote from: gallsman on June 05, 2016, 05:43:00 AM
He'll have to cut back on the angel dust between now and then. Man looks like a bull ready for mart.

He's always been a chunky f**ker. Much more of an athlete than guys like Alstair Overeem who are much more of what you're insinuating.

Interesting to see him back. With only a month left to the show this has to be some jobber, surely? WWE say a one-off opportunity but they have to be planning more fights.

The Iceman

199 was some card  - may not have looked great on paper but the fighters delivered. The PPV was fantastic.  Funny to see so many americans cheering for Bisping when he won. Maybe because Rockhold is a dick.... Bisping is a likable bollox ha delighted to see him win.  Dan Henderson - wtf was that lol??? Though Max Holloway looked sharp - he has some of the best boxing in MMA I'd love to see him and Diaz box at 155. Poirier looked great dispatching Bobby Green.
Roll on UFC 200 now - was already looking forward to Jones v Cormier but auld Brock adds a bit of excitement to the card! I'd say he gets Mark Hunt or the matchup everyone wants  - Fedor.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

If you haven't seen it, watch the Reyes-Kim bout. Very first one of the day. Brutal stuff.