The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on December 13, 2015, 06:08:52 AM
Woke up, had a pee, 13 seconds of a fight now back to bed.

Be thankful you didn't need to have a shite!

Asal Mor

Quote from: gawa316 on December 13, 2015, 07:09:58 AM
I don't know the Irish usually play the plucky underdog shit the whole time. Yes he has a mouth, mostly before the fights ( he's usually a bit more gracious after) buts it's part of the act. I love it but can see why others don't.

Another sporting triumph from our wee Isle, something to be celebrated in my eyes
+1. In the GAA especially, players live in terror of saying anything to the media that sounds remotely confident.

I know he couldn't give a toss and probably wouldn't show up to collect his award, but he is surely the Irish Sportstar of the Year.

omaghjoe

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 13, 2015, 06:33:26 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on December 13, 2015, 06:01:41 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on December 13, 2015, 05:58:22 AM
:o :o
Feck me he'll be hard to listen to now

He backs his mouth up with his performances.

He does and that is probably the most annoying bit

I don't know the Irish usually play the plucky underdog shit the whole time. Yes he has a mouth, mostly before the fights ( he's usually a bit more gracious after) buts it's part of the act. I love it but can see why others don't.

Another sporting triumph from our wee Isle, something to be celebrated in my eyes

Ach aye fair play to him like, I know its BS but I just dont like his BS! And I dont see the fact that he comes from the same lump of dirt as myself as reason enuff to give him a pass on it.

But Im sure he's not too worreid about what i think and the wee hoor got me interested enuff in the fight to watch it :D

On another note I seen a rumour online that he was goin into the fight at 175lbs :o That is nothing short of unbelievable re-hydration?

bridgegael

Fair play to the lad, watched his interview he did in 2008, a world away from where he is now.  Delivered on everything. Like him or loathe him he is flying the flag for Irish sport. He is the number one fighter on the planet, I'll take that. 
Be proud that he is Irish
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

gallsman

Quote from: bridgegael on December 13, 2015, 08:35:19 AM
Fair play to the lad, watched his interview he did in 2008, a world away from where he is now.  Delivered on everything. Like him or loathe him he is flying the flag for Irish sport. He is the number one fighter on the planet, I'll take that. 
Be proud that he is Irish

Couldn't get away from that this week. That and the time he stole the belts.

As for number one fighter on the planet, not at all.

I don't like him but fair play to him. Absolutely beautiful ko.

laoislad

Quote from: Asal Mor on December 13, 2015, 07:56:56 AM

+1. In the GAA especially, players live in terror of saying anything to the media that sounds remotely confident.

I know he couldn't give a toss and probably wouldn't show up to collect his award, but he is surely the Irish Sportstar of the Year.
Really? I think he would absolutely want to show up and collect such an award. I'd say it would actually mean an awful lot to him. Even if he couldn't be there I'd say he would still be happy to receive it.
I don't know very much about him(or the sport)but he seems a very proud Irishman, to be honoured as Irish sports star of the year would surely be something he'd love no?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Just watched the fight there with not knowing the result.  Crazy.  Some punch.  Absolutely brutal sport.  To be honest,  until the ring walk in,  I wanted Aldo to win.  The music,  the flag, Mcgregor smiling, something changed my mind.   Money is the over riding factor in any ufc decision I'd say,  but surely there is bound to be a rematch?

Gaffer

Watched a 5 minute YouTube video of mcgregor insulting/taunting Aldo  at various events.

I don't care if he is Irish! Tramps behaviour!

Pity he won!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ashman

A load of 5hite but fair play to CMG as he is coining .

Boycey

In the aftermath as McGregor hangs off the cage he seems to me to be giving someone the finger, if so who was it...

JoG2

Quote from: Boycey on December 13, 2015, 12:24:43 PM
In the aftermath as McGregor hangs off the cage he seems to me to be giving someone the finger, if so who was it...

Aldo's granny probably

muppet

I'd say it was to the Irish begrudgers, although he should have done it for a lot longer.
MWWSI 2017

Captain Obvious

Very Mickey O'Neil from McGregor.

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on December 13, 2015, 12:54:26 PM
I'd say it was to the Irish begrudgers, although he should have done it for a lot longer.
The majority of the begrudgers are Nordie it seems.
Maybe he's from the wrong part of Ireland...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: muppet on December 13, 2015, 12:54:26 PM

That'd be disappointing if true, in the moment of your biggest victory to be worried by something like that..