The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoireGael

Conor McGregor Fight this Saturday. (Hoping on the Bandwagon)

1. Does anyone know of bars in London showing this?

2. I presume its Pay Per View, can I get it on Sky?

Cheers in advance.

beer baron

Should be easy enough got,it's on tv3 and think it can be got on Sky these days?

ballinaman

Going myself...going to be carnage. Poor lad doesn't know what he's in for, McGregor looks a man possessed.

DoireGael

Quote from: beer baron on July 16, 2014, 12:06:06 PM
Should be easy enough got,it's on tv3 and think it can be got on Sky these days?

Don't have Sky Sports. I will give O'Neill's a go.

The Iceman

McGregor has no easy task ahead. Brandao is a dangerous striker and a whizz on the ground (seldom goes there). He has been up and down in his last few performances and has a point to prove. I'm not sure if he is ready for the Dublin crowd but i'm sure it will play a factor.
The icelandic Dubliner - Gunnar Nelson - should put on a great performance. He is a joy to watch at 170 and is a future champ without a doubt.

Cathal Pendred I am not fully convinced on him yet - his stint on TUF did nothing to prove he can hang with the big boys....

Norman Park - Bushmills man - yes one of those ha - he's a decent enough lad from a great gym but he hasnt KO power and I havent really seen his Judo yet. I think he will get a sour reception in Dublin as his banner and walkout flag are both the red hand.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

DoireGael

Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier set for UFC 178..........thoughts?

nrico2006

Any word on James Gallagher going pro?  How good is he?  Still very young.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Quote from: DoireGael on July 23, 2014, 09:00:35 AM
Nearly time!

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 23, 2014, 09:34:56 AM
Any word on James Gallagher going pro?  How good is he?  Still very young.

a lot of knowledgeable people feel he's destined for big things.

Quote from: ballinaman on September 27, 2014, 09:15:05 PM
Quote from: DoireGael on July 23, 2014, 09:00:35 AM
Nearly time!

Looking forward to this, been a great build up and McGregor has got under his skin, hope i can stay awake after a long day in Croker. the atmosphere looked unreal at the weigh in

Tony Baloney

Is this McGregor chap as big a w**ker as he seems? Anytime I have seen him on the Late Late etc. he comes across as an absolute bellend.

RealSpiritof98

dont know personally but its a bit like marmite. you got to hand it to him, this is a money making business and he's on a huge card, the UFC Dublin atmosphere made the powers that be stand up and take note. dolla dolla

rodney trotter

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 27, 2014, 10:57:07 PM
Is this McGregor chap as big a w**ker as he seems? Anytime I have seen him on the Late Late etc. he comes across as an absolute bellend.

He isn't short on confidence, interview on Setanta recently http://t.co/uCjXSnbJUL

RealSpiritof98

he sounds and looks an awful lot like Tom Court

RealSpiritof98

sits in his seat for 2 mins extra then comes out and wins then basically admits he neeeded it to recover, lol thats bad

screenexile

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 28, 2014, 04:03:11 AM
sits in his seat for 2 mins extra then comes out and wins then basically admits he neeeded it to recover, lol thats bad

Can't believe I managed to get up. . . that was a hell of a fight though. Please tell me McGregor's next!!