Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Clubber Lang on May 15, 2017, 02:24:55 PM
Westmeath have possibly the best full back in the country-one of main reasons they concede so few goals. Those injuries are worrying for Laois. We really need our strongest team out to be competitive against Wexford.

Not sure we are conceding goals because of our full back line to be fair - although we did struggle in the air this weekend. Most of the goals scored against us are from free runners who are not picked up or are not put under pressure when it counts. We are too easy to run at.

Unlaoised

Good win at the weekend.Well done to all!

Wexford at home is a great draw ...

Nothing to loose against a team who are really fancied to go well this year...

Wexford will bring 6,000 plus to this game will be a great occasion and test for the young Laois team.

LAOIS ABÚ

Mad Mentor

Fantastic to see Cahir Healy prowling on the sideline like a lion in water carrier's clothing, urging the lads on. By the way he was sprinting in and out with water he should be back in action soon. No sitting in the dugout nursing himself.
Picky has yet to rediscover his form but I have no doubt he will hit his stride soon. Hopefully against Wexford.
Mark Kavanagh came on near the end and scored a sublime point and looks very sharp.
Once again we struggled a bit against fourteen men. We never seem to know what to do with the extra man. Dropping him into the backs just seems to unsettle things. Why we don't play the spare man in the forwards and really hammer the opposition never ceases to amaze me.
Anyway, job done and on we go. Brilliant support from the fans who waited for the warm down to finish and clapped the lads off the field. It felt very good to be a Laoisman walking out of the ground.

LOVEGAA

Delighted for the lads who have shown such commitment . They have had dark days but stayed going and got their rewards.
It was great to see them pick themselves up after the 2 goals from kerry and fight until the end.

It's a team that doesnt have the best subs bench but you couldnt ask for any more from them all

finbar o tool

Why are kids being charged €5 for the Wexford game?? Thought u16s were always free? Bit much now IMO  >:(
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

redsetanta

Championship everyone pays and you also have this bolloxology of seniors paying full price and having to look for refunds at the ground. Whatever about €5 for u16s, €20 for adults is another €5 too much.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

Quote from: redsetanta on May 19, 2017, 12:29:57 PM
Championship everyone pays and you also have this bolloxology of seniors paying full price and having to look for refunds at the ground. Whatever about €5 for u16s, €20 for adults is another €5 too much.

Buy the adult Ticket any time before the  day of the game and you don't have to claim any refund,you get the €5 off

redsetanta

I see where Eoin Reilly clocked up a score in the league. Is he still involved with the county panel?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on May 23, 2017, 12:12:48 PM
I see where Eoin Reilly clocked up a score in the league. Is he still involved with the county panel?
No he stepped away to try see could he make a burst for an outfield position at some point.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on May 23, 2017, 12:27:25 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on May 23, 2017, 12:12:48 PM
No he stepped away to try see could he make a burst for an outfield position at some point.

I'd be calling him in straight away.
LAOIS ABÚ

Dave like the tv channel

Yes. Anywhere outside our 21 is within scorable distance for him!

redsetanta

A score of 2-12 with 1-03 from play is impressive even if it's just a league game. Plenty of intercounty experience as well. Pity he isn't a teak tough defender.

redsetanta

It's looking like Cahir won't be available to start on Sunday and Paddy Whelan is also out. Good news is Willie Dunphy is back and Cian Taylor is also back fit.

Any suggestion on a starting team. I assume it will be along simlar lines to the RR minus P Whelan.

Picky out to half forward maybe and Dunphy in the corner. The rest will start as they did against Kerry.

blueandwhite1

Most likely:

Rowland
Cleere
Bergin
Palmer
Collier
Cha
Whelan
Purcell
King
Taylor
Picky
Downey
W. Dunphy
Foyle
A. Dunphy

Will John Lennon be fit?

redsetanta