Rossies v Kerry round 2, will Croke Park be playable?

Started by giveballaghback, April 03, 2016, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Gael85 on April 10, 2016, 09:41:03 PM
Lads did anyone see Donaghy stamp on Fintan Cregg in first half?Donaghy gets away with a lot with referees

https://twitter.com/The_Abbeytonian/status/719163195970207745

He also gave Claffey a shove into the goalpost after the ball had went dead.  Reckless,  brainless,  dirty shite.  But no one expects any less from him at this stage. The worst thing Mayo did the last decade was prolonging his career.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2016, 10:07:01 PM
Lads did anyone see Donaghy stamp on Fintan Cregg in first half?Donaghy gets away with a lot with referees

He also gave Claffey a shove into the goalpost after the ball had went dead.  Reckless,  brainless,  dirty shite.  But no one expects any less from him at this stage. The worst thing Mayo did the last decade was prolonging his career.

Sorry it was Cormac 'Do what you like Ciaran' Reilly who did that!

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Can't see Donaghy being out the middle come August, a useful ball winner but looked a long way off the pace at times in the last 20 minutes. If Kerry had Maher playing there it would improve them a bit.

Roscommon will be happy enough not to be completely humiliated but their team is lacking in a lot of areas and as someone mentioned earlier their full back line was badly exposed while their full forward line was isolated with a Kerry sweeper dominating. Something not right tactically there. They kept plugging away though.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ck

All part of the learning curve for Rossies today. They'll win Connacht this year

Mayo4Sam

Only saw some of the game today but was there a combined total of 50 steps for two of the Kerry goals? Darren O'S took about 10, was pulled down, got back up for another 10 and stuck it away. Shocking reffing
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

From the Bunker

Yeah Donnacha Walsh done a Jig of steps for his goal. But you'll rarely get pulled up in such a position.

Rossfan

Forwards can do what they like but poor oul backs can't even approach a forward nowadays.
Mind you most of our backs were so far away from their men.......

New York probably won't fear Roscommon now :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ringfort

Regarding the "learning curve" narrative I'm hearing about Ros, do players learn much in the twilight of their career?

Cos Ros have the likes of McDermott, I Kilbride, S Kilbride, C Cregg, F Cregg, Claffey, Keenan, D Shine, Purcell, Devanney etc that are about years and slogged in division 4 a few years ago.

I get the impression there's a perception that this is a young ,green team full of u21 when in reality it's a mix of youth and old heads. Will the old heads be improving anything at this late stage?

Syferus

Quote from: Ringfort on April 10, 2016, 11:44:44 PM
Regarding the "learning curve" narrative I'm hearing about Ros, do players learn much in the twilight of their career?

Cos Ros have the likes of McDermott, I Kilbride, S Kilbride, C Cregg, F Cregg, Claffey, Keenan, D Shine, Purcell, Devanney etc that are about years and slogged in division 4 a few years ago.

I get the impression there's a perception that this is a young ,green team full of u21 when in reality it's a mix of youth and old heads. Will the old heads be improving anything at this late stage?

Both Creggs and Dev were among our best players this year. Shine looks to be getting back to form too. Purcell and Claffey have shone in spots too. Ian Kilbride was going well before injuries derailed his league. Fintan Cregg, Dev, Purcell and Claffey weren't even on the panel last year so how well they've adapted to D1 football is impressive tbh, if it wasn't for them we'd be back down to D2 next year.

larryin89

Ffs don't be tellin people Donie shine and fintan cregg are 3 years older than AOS
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

In terms of talent at their disposal Roscommon are definitely a top 10 team. To close the gap on Mayo they will need to develop an effective defensive system and a hard edge. They don't seem apparent yet.

From the Bunker

You always need the experienced heads there. Ok so the older heads don't have the experience of some counties. But it's still experience. Also a bit more muscle and cuteness comes with age.

A word of warning. You'll get a lot of plámásing here from Mayo, Kerry and Dublin supporters now that they don't see you as an immediate threat anymore. Don't get sucked in to their web of lies about how they think you are a top ten team, very young and have a bright future.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 11, 2016, 12:07:22 AM

No one bought the hype so I doubt they'll buy the rebranded version of it. I doubt McStay and FOD will be losing any sleep about the narrative switching to Dublin and Kerry nationally and Mayo's procession to six in a row in Connacht.

You always need the experienced heads there. Ok so the older heads don't have the experience of some counties. But it's still experience. Also a bit more muscle and cuteness comes with age.

A word of warning. You'll get a lot of plámásing here from Mayo, Kerry and Dublin supporters now that they don't see you as an immediate threat anymore. Don't get sucked in to their web of lies about how they think you are a top ten team, very young and have a bright future.

The Aristocrat

Accidental.

I don't like Donaghy but wish people would stop with the witch hunts against high profile players and teams. Everything slowed down to the mili second.