Paddy Jackson apology

Started by yellowcard, April 06, 2018, 02:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Patrick giving evidence (March 7):

It's Jackson's assertion that whatever made the complainant upset happened after she left his house.

Patrick not giving evidence (April 6):

I am ashamed that a young woman who was a visitor to my home left in a distressed state...

Well, the other thread is locked ;)

Let's get this up to 245 pages!

AQMP

On a more serious note it would seem that Paddy and his team have finally cottoned on to how the internet works.

David McKeown

It's a very strange statement to make when threatening to sue someone for defamation. To admit your reputation is so tarnished by your own actions it's hard to see why you should be recompensed by anything else said.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AQMP

Quote from: David McKeown on April 06, 2018, 04:08:51 PM
It's a very strange statement to make when threatening to sue someone for defamation. To admit your reputation is so tarnished by your own actions it's hard to see why you should be recompensed by anything else said.

I'd think anyone he sues might use the defence of truth there David!

David McKeown

Not entirely sure they would all have that defence particularly those who have claimed he was only acquitted because of his social status.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

yellowcard

Quote from: David McKeown on April 06, 2018, 04:08:51 PM

I think that it's possible that he was living in that much of a legal whirlpool for 2/3 months surrounded by solicitors and QC's that he failed to realise the lack of humanity he showed in the immediate aftermath of the verdict. If he had any sense he would drop the lawsuit now and try and rebuild his reputation. The apology is a start even if it took over a week in coming.   

Syferus

Even Paddy Jackson isn't as boisterous in his own defence as some here are. Lol.

Pretty obviously a pathetic PR exercise, by the way.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on April 06, 2018, 03:22:31 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 06, 2018, 03:00:11 PM
Sorry
Is all that you can say
Years gone by and still
PR words don't come easily

You never listen to a word that I said
You only seen me
For the clothes that I wear
Or did the interest go so much deeper
It must have been
The colour of my hair

The public image

What you wanted was never made clear
Behind the image was ignorance and fear
You hide behind this public machine
Still follow the same old scheme

Public image

Two sides to every story
Somebody had to stop me
I'm not the same as when I began
I will not be treated as property

Public image

Public image you got what you wanted
The Public Image belongs to me
It's my entrance
My own creation
My grand finale
My goodbye

Your praised little PR gifts you spent your money
And stuffed me with
Didn't amount to anything
The attention I need is much more serious

A kind of weight you couldn't lift
Even if your cheap career depended on it

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

quit yo jibbajabba

Bet the Mods are delighted at the timing of PJs statement 😃

Owen Brannigan

Given the length of the trial and the amount of money that the Jacksons spent on legal costs getting the best they could afford and spending around £500K, it is strange that no one thought it was worthwhile spending a fraction on PR advice from professionals.  Instead they rushed to the press and the whole group came across as belligerent, using their anger to further profess Paddy's innocence and this fed into the protests fuelled by the social media frenzy that built up from the first day of the trial.

Obviously, PR advice now accepted by Jackson has led to the apology in an attempt to give him a base on which to appeal to IRFU and Ulster Rugby.  It will have no affect on those calling for their exclusion but only a small number of men on the IRFU panel will have the final say.

Syferus

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 06, 2018, 06:05:21 PM
Given the length of the trial and the amount of money that the Jacksons spent on legal costs getting the best they could afford and spending around £500K, it is strange that no one thought it was worthwhile spending a fraction on PR advice from professionals.  Instead they rushed to the press and the whole group came across as belligerent, using their anger to further profess Paddy's innocence and this fed into the protests fuelled by the social media frenzy that built up from the first day of the trial.

Obviously, PR advice now accepted by Jackson has led to the apology in an attempt to give him a base on which to appeal to IRFU and Ulster Rugby.  It will have no affect on those calling for their exclusion but only a small number of men on the IRFU panel will have the final say.

That small number of men are totally subservient to the general public and their continued good will.

yellowcard

If his apology was sincere then there would be no need to spend money on PR. If its simply  a PR exercise and he has hired a PR team as you suggest then the apology is worthless.

Milltown Row2

Owen I'd wait till your name has been dragged through the gutter and still, even after it was proved to be not guilty of anything other that a WhatsApp conversation,  that's completely private to that group before saying what you think was the best course of action ...

Syferus/Sid believes it's ok to make fun or continue to think he's guilty regardless of the courts, and this the guy with the strong moral compass!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 06, 2018, 06:59:13 PM

Owen I'd wait till your name has been dragged through the gutter and still, even after it was proved to be not guilty of anything other that a WhatsApp conversation,  that's completely private to that group before saying what you think was the best course of action ...

Syferus/Sid believes it's ok to make fun or continue to think he's guilty regardless of the courts, and this the guy with the strong moral compass!

He pulled his own name through the gutter. Dry your eyes and maybe find an actual victim to get worked up about.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on April 06, 2018, 07:20:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 06, 2018, 06:59:13 PM

He pulled his own name through the gutter. Dry your eyes and maybe find an actual victim to get worked up about.

How'd he do that Syferus/sid?  Having sex isn't a crime, talking about it isn't either..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea