Artificial Sun in Croke Park!!

Started by Shamrock Shore, December 29, 2006, 08:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

and i only said coloured seats would look nice :'(

never kickt a ball

The stadium might look unfinished from the air but when you're in it, it looks fantastic.

Cloc Mor

Another disappointing thing about Croke Park is that you can still be soaked on a wet day, even though you are sitting in supposedly 'covered' stand.  Could the roof not have been extended a little further when they were building it to ensure everyone remains dry?

ONeill

Feckin bunch a moaners. Coloured seats, getting wet, how she looks from the sky, not enough food. Away to the states with ye.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gnevin

Quote from: Bud Wiser on December 30, 2006, 04:16:48 PM
The place looks unfinished and that is a fact.  They should buy out the houses and complete the stadium because if you showed the pic above to anyone that diodn't know they would say it is unfinished.  There is no problem whatsoever building out over the railway line.
They should put solar panels along the roofs and power the whole place, floodlights and all from it.

All this talk of looks in bull who give a crap what i looks like , the hill at least on Dublin days is the engine room of Croke Park where all the chants begin. People who say croke park has a great atmosphere should think what the place would be like without the hill.  At Leinster games the east terrace is where the chants begin . Terracing is not unsafe once its controlled correctly .When Croke was being redevelop the only stand i ever notice the ground being quieter with out was the hill end
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

dublinfella

Quote from: Gnevin on December 31, 2006, 12:45:27 AM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on December 30, 2006, 04:16:48 PM
The place looks unfinished and that is a fact.  They should buy out the houses and complete the stadium because if you showed the pic above to anyone that diodn't know they would say it is unfinished.  There is no problem whatsoever building out over the railway line.
They should put solar panels along the roofs and power the whole place, floodlights and all from it.

All this talk of looks in bull who give a crap what i looks like , the hill at least on Dublin days is the engine room of Croke Park where all the chants begin. People who say croke park has a great atmosphere should think what the place would be like without the hill.  At Leinster games the east terrace is where the chants begin . Terracing is not unsafe once its controlled correctly .When Croke was being redevelop the only stand i ever notice the ground being quieter with out was the hill end

exactly, the hill was designed with safety in mind unlike the terraces of the 70's

neilthemac

sure even when the hill is in full voice (rarely have a reason to), you can barely hear it from the Canal end...

all the sound in the stadium drifts out of the Hill end due to lack of a high stand and roof

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on December 30, 2006, 10:17:19 PM
Feckin bunch a moaners. Coloured seats, getting wet, how she looks from the sky, not enough food. Away to the states with ye.

Well said
Testing Accessibility

ardal

I coudn't give a rats arse about the seats, but how could the colour of seats be a planning issue? Christ I'd love to appeal on those grounds.

dublinfella

Quote from: ardal on December 31, 2006, 05:05:49 PM
I coudn't give a rats arse about the seats, but how could the colour of seats be a planning issue? Christ I'd love to appeal on those grounds.

because they can be seen from the street they have to be a 'neutral' colour, blue in CP case or Green for LR. much the same reason buildings in general arent luminious orange.

If the stadium is enclosed or cant be seen from the street, you can go wild.

ardal

If it's not in a conservation area then I believe the only restrictions on building colour is a restriction on blatent advertisements; are there special restrictions for the inside of stadiums?

dublinfella

Quote from: ardal on December 31, 2006, 05:59:37 PM
If it's not in a conservation area then I believe the only restrictions on building colour is a restriction on blatent advertisements; are there special restrictions for the inside of stadiums?

its not inside if the stadium isnt enclosed

Cloc Mor

QuoteFeckin bunch a moaners. Coloured seats, getting wet, how she looks from the sky, not enough food. Away to the states with ye.

I have made one and only post on this thread regarding an issue which I feel is important, unlike seat colour.  I remember well getting soaked in 1994 though copious amounts of alcohol did help to dry me out.  Tyrone and Armagh have had fine AI final days - you wanna be there when the heavens open (cue the jokes about not getting wet for a long time to come).  I suppose getting wet on one day out of five isn't too bad.  Both Armagh and Tyrone would gladly get soaked - us aristocrats like to stay dry on All Ireland Final day when we win our titles - maybe some of the real 'moaners' on this board could tell us Down men what its like to lose one.

laoislad

Jaysis i just said it would look nice i don't really give that much of a f**k about it,Once Laois win something next year the seats could be pink for all i care

laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 31, 2006, 08:31:45 PM
You`ve more chance of finding pink seats in Croke Park than you have of seeing Laois winning anything meaningful next year ;)
Depends on your definition of meaningful..That is a Down crest beside your name is it??? Mmmmm people with stones in glass houses and all that ::)