Started by youbetterbelieveit, December 20, 2006, 10:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uselessfootballer

Mid Mon

1 roscommon
3 james coughlan
4 John Sexton

Sean3

The answer to 75 will make interesting reading. As it stands, it could include most pubs in the country let alone in the vicinity of Croker itself.

Q26 Clarecastle are known as Magpies but so too are Doonbeg.

Onlooker

Question 86.  Tipperary Football Manager John Owens played for Leitrim as well as Tipperary.

Mid Mon

48. Mullahourn ,Mountnugent, Munterconnaught

belleaqua

Q9. Galway's Joe Canning set out at the start of the year to become the fifth hurler to win three All-Ireland MHC medals in succession. Who was the first player to achieve this feat and when did it happen?

Jimmy Doyle (Tipperary 1955-1957)

36) Galway had two under 16 players starting the 2006 All-Ireland minor hurling decider. Name them?

Gerry Hennelly and David Burke.

LaurelEye

Quote48. Mullahourn ,Mountnugent, Munterconnaught

Mullahoran is not on the Meath border. Believe me, I live right beside it and I know! It borders Mullinalaghta and Abbeylara in County Longford, as well as Ballymachugh, Lacken and Gowna in County Cavan, going anti-clockwise from west. Meath only comes in on the far side of Lough Sheelin.

The third one is definitely Maghera - on the road between Virginia and Carnaross.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

ExiledGael

6) Name the Longford intercounty footballer who scored 1-24 in this year's senior championship?
Brian Kavanagh
7) Donegal's Paddy Campbell received a one month ban for tangling with which Derry player in the sides' 2006 Ulster SFC semi-final clash?
Enda Muldoon
11) Clare's senior hurling captain during the 2006 championship was?
Seanie McMahon
13) One well known Armagh footballer has a website dedicated to him for the past number of years. Who is he?
Francie Bellew
17) Cork have played Kerry in three All-Ireland semi finals in the past five years. Only one Rebel player was chosen in the same position for these three encounters. Name him?
Anthony Lynch
18) Down teenage star Martin Clarke signed a professional contract with which Australian Rules club in the summer of 2006?
Collingwood
24) This Belfast club played a historic football match with the PSNI gaelic football team on the last day of August 2006?
St Brigids
28) The Stadium Director at Croke Park is?
Liam Muhlvill
29) Who was the oldest player in action during the 2006 All-Ireland senior hurling final?
Brian Corcoran
34) The man in charge of the Donegal hurlers during 2006 and again for the coming season is?
Eamonn Campbell
35) This famous Fermanagh GAA grounds was closed down at the latter end of 2006 for renovations?
Brewster Park
37) Kerry's top scorer during the 2006 SFC was?
Bryan Sheehan
42) Who did Tommy Brehony replace as Sligo senior football manager during 2006?
Dominic Corrigan
43) The club Mhaigh Tir na nOg operate out of which Tyrone town?
Moy
59) This man only scored four times yet finished fourth top scoring Munster player in the 2006 football championship. Who is he?
Eoin Brosnan
60) How many teams have won the All-Ireland SFC while coming through the back door? Also name them?
3 Galway Tyrone Kerry
69) The contestants in the Tyrone junior A football championship final of 2006 were?
Greencastle + ??
72) Who am I? I play with a club called Courtwood, my name has a poetic sound and I won an All Star award in 2003?
Derek Lyng
74) Crossmaglen won their 11th consecutive Armagh SFC in September. Who did the men from Cross beat in this final?
Clann Na Gael
75) Name four well known public houses associated with big games in Croke Park where patrons drink?
Quinns, Skylon, Big Tree, CopperFacedJacks
78) The home club of Fermanagh millionaire Sean Quinn is?
Teemore
89) These two Down clubs contested the final of the 2006 Kilmacud Crokes All-Ireland seven-a-side football competition. Name them?
Castlewellan + ??
95) The past four Cavan senior football championship finals have been fought out between the same two clubs. Name them?
Cavan Gaels + Mullahoran

LaurelEye

Quote28) The Stadium Director at Croke Park is?

Peter McKenna

Quote72) Who am I? I play with a club called Courtwood, my name has a poetic sound and I won an All Star award in 2003?

Fergal Byron (Laois goalkeeper)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on December 20, 2006, 10:54:19 AM
5) Which counties won the All-Ireland senior vocational titles in both football and hurling this year?
21) The new Wexford Hurling Development Administrator is?
39) The President of the Leitrim County Board is?
45) The prestigious Tony Forristal Cup is hosted by which county?
55) The contestants in the Sligo senior football championship final of 2006 were?
56) The winners of the 2006 Kilmacud Crokes hurling sevens were?
73) The powerful Roscommon midfield pairing during the drawn and replayed All-Ireland senior football finals of 1943 and the All-Ireland final the following year was?
80) The notorious 1983 All-Ireland senior football final fought out on a windswept Croke Park between Dublin and Galway was refereed by which man?
85) Prior to 2006 Roscommon last won the All-Ireland minor football championship in 1951. Who was the winning captain all those 55 years back?
87) Two hurling clubs in Laois were each fined Eu5000 and thrown out of next year's championship in late September. Name them?
90) Who was the referee for the T na G All-Ireland senior ladies football final on the first Sunday in October 2006?
95) The past four Cavan senior football championship finals have been fought out between the same two clubs. Name them?
5) Wicklow and Galway (not sure of the latter in hurling)
21) George O'Connor
39) Sean Maxwell
45) Waterford? (if not, then Wexford)
55) Curry and Bunninadden
56) Erin's Own (Cork)
73) E. Boland and L. Gilmartin
80) John Gough
85) B. Molloy
87) Camross and Castletown
90) Declan Corcoran
95) Cavan Gaels and Mullahoran

Mayo4Sam

1) Michael Maguire was the Chairman of which County Board in 2006?

Roscommon

10) Prior to 2006 Laois and Mayo only met once before in the All-Ireland senior football championship. At what stage of the championship was this game? Also name the year and the score?

1936 AIF Mayo 4-11 Laois 0-5

11) Clare's senior hurling captain during the 2006 championship was?

14) Mayo used two goalkeepers during their 2006 senior football championship campaign. Name them?

Clarke & Healy

16) Which former well known inter county football manager had a daughter playing on the successful Armagh senior ladies team in 2006?

JOM

18) Down teenage star Martin Clarke signed a professional contract with which Australian Rules club in the summer of 2006?

Collingwood

19) The winner of the Martin Donnelly sponsored 2006 Poc Fada competition, held on the Cooley Mountains, was?

Brendan Cummins

23) Monaghan club Sean McDermotts have their playing facilities in which village?

Threemilehouse

24) This Belfast club played a historic football match with the PSNI gaelic football team on the last day of August 2006?

St. Bredaghs

31) This Carlow club could be confused with a region of Germany?
Palatine

42) Who did Tommy Brehony replace as Sligo senior football manager during 2006?

Dom Corrigan

51) New Meath football selector Tommy Dowd now plays his club football with which Royal County team?

Tommy Dowd

55) The contestants in the Sligo senior football championship final of 2006 were?

Eastern Harps & St. Marys

60) How many teams have won the All-Ireland SFC while coming through the back door? Also name them?

2, tyrone & galway

65) CLG Naomh Colm Án Droim play in which county?

Derry

66) The O'Hanrahans club in Carlow obtained their name from which Irish hero?

Micheal O'Hanrahan

67) This famous Kildare club is often called 'The Rags'. Who are they?

Kilcullen GAA

70) Waterford have won two All-Ireland senior hurling titles. Provide the years?

1948 & 1959

72) Who am I? I play with a club called Courtwood, my name has a poetic sound and I won an All Star award in 2003?

Fergal Byron

73) The powerful Roscommon midfield pairing during the drawn and replayed All-Ireland senior football finals of 1943 and the All-Ireland final the following year was?

Eamonn Boland & Liam Gilmartin

74) Crossmaglen won their 11th consecutive Armagh SFC in September. Who did the men from Cross beat in this final?

Lurgan Clan na Gael

75) Name four well known public houses associated with big games in Croke Park where patrons drink?

Gills, Big Tree, Quinns, Hill 16

77) This young Roscommon player was voted Man of the Match in the 2006 All-Ireland minor football final replay. Name him?

Donie Shine

78) The home club of Fermanagh millionaire Sean Quinn is?

Teemore

79) Wexford won an amazing four in a row of All-Ireland senior football titles from 1915-1918. What counties did the Leinster men beat in the final?

Kilkenny, Kildare, Dublin & Louth

88) This former All Star led the Dublin attack as they swept to All-Ireland Masters Over 40s senior glory in 2006. And he was not even a Dub. Name him?

Kevin O'Brien

93) The Leitrim ladies had only one scorer in the All-Ireland junior final of 2006. Who is she?

Anne-Marie Cox

Cavan Gaels & ??

100) In the drawn Tyrone final featuring Carrickmore and Errigal Ciaran, Carrickmore obtained a late penalty. The resultant goal levelled the match. Who was the scorer?

Kevin McNally
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Border Fox

99 - Definately Magheracloone

Estimator

7) Donegal's Paddy Campbell received a one month ban for tangling with which Derry player in the sides' 2006 Ulster SFC semi-final clash?

Enda Muldoon

32) Which Derry club claimed the county minor football title in 2006? It was their first such win since 1990

Dungiven

Ulster League Champions 2009

Tony Fearon

Maybe its just me but I think this year's is a tad easier than last year's. I have 90 plus answers already. ;D

Any of the Cavan chappies know if their former manager, P J Carroll was a Cavan native?

CavanCola

Yes Tony the answer to Q2 is PJ Carroll.... some debate on the cavan website.
There has been other temporary cavan men involved (Damien O'Reilly and Donal Donohoe have taken charge of the blues for a couple of games) but PJ Carroll we reckon is the man they are looking for.