Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Boycey on December 03, 2018, 02:01:34 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 03, 2018, 12:39:32 PM
I scored it 116-113 to Fury, for whatever that's worth. I had him winning 7 of the 12 rounds and drawing 3. The only rounds I had Wilder winning were the knockdown rounds, which I scored 10-8.

Giving Wilder one of your drawn rounds and scoring one of the close rounds 10-9 to Wilder instead of Fury would take it to 114-114 which shows how fine the margins are. The 115-111 to Wilder is an outlier though.

The BBC correspondent said it was contentious rather than controversial in that he thought Fury won but also thought enough rounds were hard to call that he could see how others might score it different.

I thought Fury won

Agreed. I thought Fury won, but I don't think it was egregious for the UK judge to score it a draw. I can't understand the guy that scored it so heavily to Wilder though.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 03, 2018, 02:03:19 PM
To beat a champion, do you not have to either knock him out or Win almost every round?
You have to win the fight the exact same way you win any other fight.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 03, 2018, 02:07:08 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 03, 2018, 02:01:34 PM
I scored it 116-113 to Fury, for whatever that's worth. I had him winning 7 of the 12 rounds and drawing 3. The only rounds I had Wilder winning were the knockdown rounds, which I scored 10-8.

Giving Wilder one of your drawn rounds and scoring one of the close rounds 10-9 to Wilder instead of Fury would take it to 114-114 which shows how fine the margins are. The 115-111 to Wilder is an outlier though.

The BBC correspondent said it was contentious rather than controversial in that he thought Fury won but also thought enough rounds were hard to call that he could see how others might score it different.

I thought Fury won

Agreed. I thought Fury won, but I don't think it was egregious for the UK judge to score it a draw. I can't understand the guy that scored it so heavily to Wilder though.

It was a significantly worse drawn card than the GGG-Canelo ones. Furry was a clear (it not comfortable because of the knockdowns) winner for me.

Hound

Not worth a thing if you have 3 draws! You have to call each round. Despite the likes of knobhead Carl Froch continuing to give 10-10 rounds on his Sky scorecard pretty much every fight he does, the judges are told they have to pick a winner. Basically a 10-10 is left only as an option if nobody does anything.

None of the 3 judges scored a 10-10 in any of the 12 rounds at the weekend and there were no even rounds called in either of GGG-Alvarez fights, despite a helluva lot of rounds bring close. There's less than 1% of rounds called 10-10. Personally, I think it should used more widely, but the interpretation of the rules is that over 3 minutes one fighter must have done more than the other, even if it was only very slight.

gallsman

No, you absolutely do not have to pick a winner. Judges not having the balls to call rounds draws is half the problem.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: gallsman on December 03, 2018, 04:17:30 PM
No, you absolutely do not have to pick a winner. Judges not having the balls to call rounds draws is half the problem.

Anybody giving wilder the first 4 rounds has a big set of nuts. It was blatant cheating and someone must be lining his pockets. Boxing popularity in the USA has been in steady Decline so you have to wonder why. The boxing public are not stupid and have turned their back on the sport because of boxers who refuse to fight the best opponent and judges like Pochun.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

screenexile

At the end of the day if Fury stays on his feet in the last round he wins!! A very bad error from him although how he got up I think will remain one of life's mysteries!!

gallsman

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 03, 2018, 04:40:29 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 03, 2018, 04:17:30 PM

Anybody giving wilder the first 4 rounds has a big set of nuts. It was blatant cheating and someone must be lining his pockets. Boxing popularity in the USA has been in steady Decline so you have to wonder why. The boxing public are not stupid and have turned their back on the sport because of boxers who refuse to fight the best opponent and judges like Pochun.

What's that got to do with judges not giving rounds as draws?

Medic

ANDRE WARD: "DEONTAY WONT WANT A REMATCH WILL EVER HAPPEN FURY VS JOSHUA IN THE SUMMER!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HSbyHDEWv0

Tyson Fury was the superior boxer vs. Deontay Wilder- Stephen A. | First Take https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OLpwr4AN-g

If Joshua fought Wilder & Fury that night!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ-apoTSODU
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Medic

QuoteI feel so bad. It was such a beautiful display of courage, skill, and more than anything.......BOXING! All tainted by a damn judge. Robbed the man and boxing as a whole, of one of the most inspiring comeback stories ever seen. A real life Rocky. When he got up from that 12th round brutal knock down, I could not contain my emotions, and I feared for his life too. And then the big muthafu***r starts fighting back and wins the remainder of the round!!!!!! Fight of the Year, Trainer of the Year, Comeback of the Year, Robbery of the Century.

Yeah man, as a Brit who has been following this intensely over the last year AJ vs Fury is now the fight. Wilder has over played his hand, he gambled on Fury and got exposed, he's damaged goods now and I'm not interested in anything Wilder or the Wildettes have to say, we know what they are going to say and it's boring now. AJ vs Fury is now the fight we want to see.

QuoteI agree - Wilder is psychologically beat - he will never be the same fighter - he's always had unbelievable belief in his strength - but seeing Fury get up in round 12 and both being religious men is going to play on-his mind in future bouts. I doubt they'll make Fury or AJ next. Most likely a phonecall to Suleman to call a mandatory followed by Ortiz 2.
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

JoG2

Quote from: Medic on December 03, 2018, 08:16:16 PM
QuoteI feel so bad. It was such a beautiful display of courage, skill, and more than anything.......BOXING! All tainted by a damn judge. Robbed the man and boxing as a whole, of one of the most inspiring comeback stories ever seen. A real life Rocky. When he got up from that 12th round brutal knock down, I could not contain my emotions, and I feared for his life too. And then the big muthafu***r starts fighting back and wins the remainder of the round!!!!!! Fight of the Year, Trainer of the Year, Comeback of the Year, Robbery of the Century.

Yeah man, as a Brit who has been following this intensely over the last year AJ vs Fury is now the fight. Wilder has over played his hand, he gambled on Fury and got exposed, he's damaged goods now and I'm not interested in anything Wilder or the Wildettes have to say, we know what they are going to say and it's boring now. AJ vs Fury is now the fight we want to see.

QuoteI agree - Wilder is psychologically beat - he will never be the same fighter - he's always had unbelievable belief in his strength - but seeing Fury get up in round 12 and both being religious men is going to play on-his mind in future bouts. I doubt they'll make Fury or AJ next. Most likely a phonecall to Suleman to call a mandatory followed by Ortiz 2.

I must have watched the same YouTube rerun as Screenexile, the Russian footage. Wasn't great footage, 2 camcorders. Having watched it since there's no doubt Fury won convincingly. Who wrote the bits above? Very very tainted towards rule Britannia, the centre of the universe. The bit in bold is claptrap imo. For a 15 stone man to still have the power to knock down a man well over 3 stone heavier than him in the 12th Rd is some going and rubber stamps Wikders power. . It was a ferocious knockdown and how Fury got up is a mystery. The fight will stand to both and I'd say both would be confident of winning the rematch. Hope it happens

Medic

ANTHONY JOSHUA REACTS TO TYSON FURY GETTING ROBBED AGAINST DEONTAY WILDER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OjjDeq34-4

gallsman

Ray Moylette in a really good, tough fight at the minute. Struggled to make the weight apparently and he's shipping a lot of shots to the body.

It's been a really good card in Castlebar. Some very good fights and looks like they packed it out. Congrats to everyone involved. Except Seán Bán. He's ruining it with some bloody awful commentary.

gallsman

And as I type, he's down twice in the fifth. Looks as if he doesn't have much left.

Harold Disgracey

He did very well to survive that last round.