Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: The_Slug on August 28, 2019, 04:34:47 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 28, 2019, 02:23:05 PM
Quote from: The_Slug on August 28, 2019, 01:39:50 PM
Quote from: Drumraghexile on August 28, 2019, 12:50:11 PM
anyone brave enough to call the intermediate championship? 7 teams in with a big shout in my opinion, Loughmacrory, Galbally, Pomeroy, Gortin, Augher, Aghyaran and Owen Roes?

It will take a serious side to beat galbally in any game this year, be it league or champo
Aghyaran are well enough set up to nip them in a stand alone game. Pomeroy with few men missing through injury but they also have the potential to nip Galbally.
No else could probably do it in against Galbally but would have no fear playing either of Aghyaran or Pomeroy.

Cant see Aghyarn coming close to them in championship without McHugh. I would agree that Pomeroy would be the most likely team to stop them, but not just because of their county men, they have great experience from some of their recent championship runs over the years, prior to last years first round exit ofc.

Whoever wins the IFC in Tyrone this year will walk Ulster and after that, an All-Ireland title will be very much a probability as opposed to a possibility (provided there are no major injuries along the way).

They maybe should, no certainty they will.

Only Pomeroy in 2 have won anything before / recently....the rest will go on serious bender. Between that and the late end to Tyrone v Ulster Championship start means Tyrone clubs have the deck stacked against them.

Under Lights

Gaafan2

I would have to agree that Galbally are the form team and rightly so favourites for the championship. Injuries, emigration and the unavailability of the county men have hampered pomeroy this year. The plunketts would be considered more of a championship team than galbally, who if I'm not mistaken have never won a championship.

skeog

Are matches being streamed this year.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: gaafan2 on August 28, 2019, 05:45:10 PM
I would have to agree that Galbally are the form team and rightly so favourites for the championship. Injuries, emigration and the unavailability of the county men have hampered pomeroy this year. The plunketts would be considered more of a championship team than galbally, who if I'm not mistaken have never won a championship.

At any senior level? Jesus....I find that shocking actually.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 28, 2019, 10:29:46 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 28, 2019, 08:48:44 PM

They won the Junior Football Championship in 1958. At SFC level they've reached the final twice, losing out to Omagh in 1963 and Errigal Ciaran in 1997.

I stand corrected, however 1958's a hell of a long time ago.

redzone

They won the Junior Football Championship in 1958. At SFC level they've reached the final twice, losing out to Omagh in 1963 and Errigal Ciaran in 1997.

Beragh could have won a championship that time as well. There was some great matches in the late 90s. Moortown and Carrickmore served up a few thrillers from what I mind

clarshack

They also lost the IFC Final to Kildress 8 years ago.

omagh_gael

Eglish were in the exact same position as Galbally last year in the league and Gortin fired a spanner in the works in the championship. Wouldn't be putting Galbally's name on the cup just yet. They're clearly huge favourites, though.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 28, 2019, 11:26:23 PM
Eglish were in the exact same position as Galbally last year in the league and Gortin fired a spanner in the works in the championship. Wouldn't be putting Galbally's name on the cup just yet. They're clearly huge favourites, though.

Intermediate is a minefield by it's very nature any of 8-10 clubs could put in a big performance.

Cookstown are still slipping under the radar too.....they can't be as bad as league position suggests??

clarshack

What's happened the streaming video service from last year? I thought it worked well but nothing this year, not a dicky-bird.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: clarshack on August 29, 2019, 11:08:58 AM
What's happened the streaming video service from last year? I thought it worked well but nothing this year, not a dicky-bird.

Some issue with rights is there not?

PeterEli

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 29, 2019, 11:11:10 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 29, 2019, 11:08:58 AM

Some issue with rights is there not?

Official Tyrone GAA Instagram page last night announced their launch of Tyrone GAA Radio & TV in association with Todds Leap

outsideoftheboot

Eglish vs errigal - eglish with the shock of the first round fixtures to win with 3 or less
Tattyreagh vs edendork - edendork narrowly
omagh vs dungannon - dangerous one for omagh - dungannon going well- might go with dungannon
carrickmore vs derrylaughan - tough one ill go with a draw
pomeroy vs newton - Pomeroy eventually to pull away comfortably at the end
galbally vs strabane - Galbally - easy

tyronerebel

Quote from: outsideoftheboot on August 29, 2019, 12:12:52 PM

Eglish vs errigal - eglish with the shock of the first round fixtures to win with 3 or less
Tattyreagh vs edendork - edendork narrowly
omagh vs dungannon - dangerous one for omagh - dungannon going well- might go with dungannon
carrickmore vs derrylaughan - tough one ill go with a draw
pomeroy vs newton - Pomeroy eventually to pull away comfortably at the end
galbally vs strabane - Galbally - easy
Eglish vs errigal - Errigal by 4
Tattyreagh vs edendork - Draw
omagh vs dungannon - Dungannon by 2
carrickmore vs derrylaughan - Derrylaughan by 1
pomeroy vs newton - Pomeroy but newton will give them a good game for 50 mins
galbally vs strabane - Galbally by 7