NFL Division 2 2019

Started by Horse Box, November 22, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on January 28, 2019, 04:34:44 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on January 28, 2019, 04:11:43 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on January 28, 2019, 03:53:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 28, 2019, 09:31:09 AM
Geezer is in situ for 5 years and the players are "lacking in experience" .

I bet Cavan with Graham will overtake them

Maybe players in their first or second year in the squad or team do not automatically accrue 5 years experience on day 1? Just a thought.

I would be very surprised if at the end of the league we will not have demonstrated improvement. That will be influenced by a combination of returning players, improving/maturing players and actual improvements by the group Geezer has been working with. So even then after the improvement opinions will continue to be divided.

Also confident of us actually winning an Ulster championship match.

After that who knows??

There is talent there and depth. More depth than anybody since McDonnell have had.

+1

No excuses for McGeeney after this year with a full hand to play.

No Andrew Murnin
No Oisin O'Neill
No Ethan Rafferty

Your definition of full hand and mine appear to differ!

There will always be injuries for any manager but he has a full hand in the absence of withdrawals from the squad for a variety of reasons as in previous years.

lurganblue

Watched the highlights of the Kildare Armagh game on TG4 Player there. I'd have taken a draw before the match but having seen that now i really am disappointed. We managed to serve up a couple of gifts to let Kildare back into it with poor hand passing. Add to that the final lazy tackle just outside the 21 in injury time and it does feel a bit like a point dropped.

tonto1888

Quote from: smelmoth on January 29, 2019, 01:27:32 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 29, 2019, 12:31:11 PM
Jaysus lads this reminds me of Kildare fan forums and pub talk re Geezer...Christ you still can't mention him on one forum for fear of opening old wounds.
He does split opinion and in Kildare there was a thing whereby he was immune from criticism from one point of view and the cause of all our problems towards the end of reign from another.

He does split opinions. Working that out is the easy bit. Working out which opinion is right is the real stumper

Maybe it is somewhere in the middle?

thejuice

Meath 0-02
Donegal 0-02

After 10 mins
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Meath 0-07
Donegal 0-05

After 25 mins
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Meath 0-08
Donegal 0-07
Half time

thejuice

Graham Reilly and Cillian O'Sullivan both on the bench despite being named as starting

thejuice

Second half on.

O' Sullivan  On for Ben Brennan same as last week

J70

Lucky goal for Donegal in a game they were being beaten in all around the field.

Level now.

J70

J70

Followed by bad miss for Meath

J70

1-13 to 0-14 FT

Meath will be kicking themselves.

thejuice

Really disappointed with that. We were well in control up to the goal. Would have been a great start to the league.

imtommygunn

Jamie Clarke straight red. Very unlike him.

balladmaker

Clare utilising their 16th man, the ref, to good effect ... ref having a shocker so far