No more evictions!

Started by Rossfan, December 16, 2018, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Orchard park on December 16, 2018, 07:32:40 PM
The 5.30am visit weren't lads for hire...

Concerned citizens

Concerned citizens - with excellent alarm clocks.

Main Street

I guess Roscommon isn't a great hurling county but wouldn't hurleys be a more appropriate companion.

Dire Ear

Orchard park

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 16, 2018, 07:43:33 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on December 16, 2018, 07:32:40 PM
The 5.30am visit weren't lads for hire...

Concerned citizens

Concerned citizens - with excellent alarm clocks.

Giving the scum the chance to hit home before daylight

Rossfan

Quote from: Main Street on December 16, 2018, 07:45:42 PM
I guess Roscommon isn't a great hurling county but wouldn't hurleys be a more appropriate companion.
Using hurley sticks would identify them ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orchard park

Wouldnt be locals if they had hurleys......

Hound

Should there be no consequences for not paying your debt?

Everyone who has a mortgage knows that if you stop paying, the house is at risk.

I have no idea what the facts are in this case, but banks don't go in after a couple of missed repayments, and they generally try all they can to come up with revised payment plans where circumstances of the borrower changes. Repossession is last resort.

LeoMc

Quote from: Hound on December 17, 2018, 07:37:19 AM

Everyone who has a mortgage knows that if you stop paying, the house is at risk.

I have no idea what the facts are in this case, but banks don't go in after a couple of missed repayments, and they generally try all they can to come up with revised payment plans where circumstances of the borrower changes. Repossession is last resort.
I think it was more a case of how the Ballymoney based enforcers evicted the elderly property owners which drew the ire so some early rising locals.

seafoid

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 16, 2018, 06:42:00 PM
Didn't know baseball was so popular in Roscommon!
No chance of hurls that far north
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

general_lee

I don't think sending ex UDR/UVF men is the best option when carrying out an eviction. The people evicted had financial difficulties for some time by all accounts, but hiring a brigade of loyalists to secure the property was not the best idea. Not only did they revert to type and batter someone with little or no provocation,  they ended up getting their asses handed to them as a result and all sympathy will be with the former homeowners when in reality they haven't been paying what they owe.

seafoid

Quote from: Orchard park on December 16, 2018, 07:20:43 PM
Fair dues to those involved. Whilst not condoning violence this should heighten the awareness of the scumbags hired by KBC to evict irish citizens...and of the complicit support of the state in facilitating the closure of public roads last Tuesday to evict decent  county families....

Shame on the senior Garda  who agreed to it.

And back to ballymoney to those enforcer thugs
The problem is the economic system is like the landlord system. Asset bubbles blow up
prices and when they collapse debt wants its money back. Politically this doesn't really work given economic history
Neoliberalism does not work in Strokestown or anywhere else

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orchard park

2 of those evicted owe nothing to nobody if I recognise the correct house from footage last night.....

MoChara

Alot of mortgages getting sold of to Vulture funds who by their nature have little sympathy or ambition of helping anyone

manfromdelmonte

The farmer at the centre of the eviction is not suspected of any wrongdoing in relation to the violent incident at his former home.

He has financial difficulties which stretch back almost a decade and include a more than €400,000 settlement secured by the Revenue Commissioners against him in 2015 for the under-declaration of VAT.

Land Registry records for the Falsk property also show that more than €18,000 was secured in a judgment in December 2008, which was subsequently registered against his property. That judgment was obtained by a local company which operated a quarry at the time.

In 2015, Revenue secured a settlement totalling €429,501 against the evicted man as a tax defaulter for the under declaration of VAT. It included €177,000 in tax owed, almost €75,000 in interest, and more than €177,000 in penalties.

In January this year, a judgment mortgage was secured against the man in the Midland Circuit Court by Cabot Asset Purchases (Ireland).

In 2004, the farmer had secured a mortgage from IIB Homeloans, the Belgian-owned lender that rebranded as KBC in 2009. In 2017, it emerged KBC Bank Ireland sold a chunk of loans to credit-servicing and debt-collection firm Cabot Financial Ireland, a unit of the US-based Cabot group.

gallsman

Any word from Jerry Beades?