Brolly and the GPA

Started by 5 Sams, November 19, 2006, 10:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Went to town on them again in the "Irish Mail on Sunday". The Mayo hurlers tracksuits got an awful hammering as did McGeeney and Farrell.....He proposed Kieran "Mind the Childer" McGeeney as the new PR spokesperson for the GPA's assault on the Dail...funny as f**k...I would say that Brolly would get an awful hidin off Geezer if they ever met out one night.....wont happen though cos Kieran will most likely be at the pictures or in the gym ;) ;)
The Aristocrat Years

stephenite

Did geezer and Brolly not play together in Queens?

ziggysego

Brolly's just an jump start, who's looking to cause some controversy. Keep it up Brolly, you're good for the craic!
Testing Accessibility

full back

Is Brolly trying to become a clone of Spillane, just looking to cause controversy, a bit like a certain Irish News journo

downredblack

Sams -  Was it the Madness CD that tempted you to go for the "The Irish Mail" ?

Mayo4Sam

Most of what brolly says on the GPA is bang on the money
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

thewobbler

If more GAA players had the good sense to follow Brolly's lead and rather than spending 30 hours a week training, use some of that time to raise their public profile and further their careers instead, then there would be less need for a GPA.

Who was it that said "players should not expect payment for taking to excess something they are supposed to enjoy"?

believebelive

Brolly is fairly shrewd behind the over the top persona. The GPA despite what they say seem to be totally money orientated. If they were that worried about plaer welfare then they should look into lobbying for an offseason. They are also spectatcuarly quiet on the eroding of the club that is going on at the minute - probably because any shortening of the inter county season would not serve their purpose

5 Sams

QuoteSams -  Was it the Madness CD that tempted you to go for the "The Irish Mail" ?

:D

In fairness I like the Brolly column and its not a difficult "paper" to read if you are bit delicate of a Sunday morning. ;)
The Aristocrat Years

downredblack

When are you and the likes of you who shout that shite at matches going to grow up ??

dubnut

i bet im more of a gael than you are.

Jesus who is this guy?

Hound

As with any opinion piece, it should be judged bearing in mind the motivation of the author.

Brolly was one the original 25 lads who met to set up the GPA (90% of whom were Ulstermen incidentally). He'd a fallen out with somebody over something and left. His comments on the GPA are motivated by personal grudge rather than an effort at constructive analysis or criticism.

lynchbhoy

I think Brolly is mostly correct with what he says about the GPA - I havent read the article yet, but will tonight

I only buy the paper as the wife likes the TV mag & magazines that come in it
its sihte otherwise

interestingly, Brollys 3 nephews are all GPA members

Bogball XV

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 20, 2006, 02:28:47 PM
I only buy the paper as the wife likes the TV mag & magazines that come in it
its sihte otherwise
Do all ye Dungiven men either buy or write for thon paper?  Honestly, ye should be ashamed of yourselves, tv mag or not, this is the newspaper that castigated Celtic for allowing some gaelic footballers to show their recently acquired silverware in Celtic Park, the problem being that said trophy was named after a former IRA terrorist - apparently some lad Maguire from London.
They also ran a big story on Nail Bomb Tom (as they called him), or Tom McFeeley from the Foreglen and now one of Dublin's big property players was a fomer terrorist hunger striker.  It was lucky Dungiven didn't win the hurling or there'd have been uproar about the Lynch's playing in Croker.....

treborstemme

Can someone do something about 'nolondonintyrone'????

new board going well, dont need that crap