Estimator

Ulster League Champions 2009

Estimator

Ulster League Champions 2009

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Estimator on June 14, 2015, 03:48:19 PM
Clones
Saturday evening - minors on first.

The question is which Derry team will get beaten by the least.

screenexile

Wildweasel74

We try keep it within 10!! As Joe say we got a good marking full back line, decent midfield when fit, and 2 deadly forwards, but we dont have a clue what we are doing football wise.

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 14, 2015, 04:25:01 PM
We try keep it within 10!! As Joe say we got a good marking full back line, decent midfield when fit, and 2 deadly forwards, but we dont have a clue what we are doing football wise.

It must be true then

No doubt we travel more in hope than ought else but you never know

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Derry have only reverted to a defensive type game coming up the Dublin game, way to late to try bring this in especially when you knew you be likely going head to head with Donegal later in the year!! Just cant bring in a new system, at a wimp and expect it to suddenly click when players had played all out attack the year before.

southderryman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 14, 2015, 11:08:59 PM
Derry have only reverted to a defensive type game coming up the Dublin game, way to late to try bring this in especially when you knew you be likely going head to head with Donegal later in the year!! Just cant bring in a new system, at a wimp and expect it to suddenly click when players had played all out attack the year before.

We hadn't exactly been all out attack prior to the Dublin game either.  We played alot more defensively since the league started, it's just got a lot press after the Dublin game.

tbrick18

Based on the game yesterday, I believe we are better than Armagh.
We've definately got better man markers anyway, and where Armagh seem to only have Clarke up front, we've got Lynch and Skinner.

But are we good enough to beat Donegal.....I doubt it, but we'll make a better game of it than Armagh did.
We'll struggle for scores....and we'll probably concede too many frees, so I can see Donegal winning by 4-5 with 5-6 of their scores from frees.

Sad times.

screenexile

Brolly basically picked apart everything wrong with our team in the GL over the weekend and he's not wrong.

Benny Heron is constantly playing in the HB line when he should be an outlet ball for us at Half Forward as a link between defence and attack which is something we are badly missing. McIver won't change his mind though and we'll be like lambs to the slaughter again.

Last year we matched Donegal for the whole match save a 10 minute spell just after half time. Sadly Donegal have improved from then and I think we have gone back a bit which is a shame since we've better players available now than we did then!!