2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: Giovanni on November 14, 2018, 04:54:49 PM
What is the connection between the COE and this decision to remove a home game from Laois?
Follow the money young man

Giovanni

SpeculativeEffort

Don is suggesting that Croke Park are funding the COE and Laois are willing to take the rap on the knuckles for breaking the rule instead of rocking the boat and risk losing funding. Its politics.

Don Draper

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on November 14, 2018, 07:37:27 PM
Don is suggesting that Croke Park are funding the COE and Laois are willing to take the rap on the knuckles for breaking the rule instead of rocking the boat and risk losing funding. Its politics.
Chinatown

Giovanni

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on November 14, 2018, 07:37:27 PM

Thanks for this and apologies for being slow on the uptake! Don might be right but if he is, it's really very disappointing. Conleth's Park won't pay for itself either but that didn't stop Kildare making their point (and getting a lot of support for it). If it was really the case in Laois, you'd wonder why they bothered to appeal at all?

Laoiseabu

It's a f**king farce of a rule . The bullshit in the GAA these days is beyond a joke. Absolute cowboys of the highest echelons over the organisation. It's about time they took their tongues out of Dublin's arses and stop treating smaller counties like horseshite . We need more support off the GAA than  Dublin but obviously they don't give a flying f**k about us 😡😡😡😡😡

Junior Ex Laoistalk

It's all wrong but it's not a disaster. Our first home game was to be against Carlow   
Round 2
Saturday 2 February
(7.0): Laois v Carlow

So what if we have to go to Carlow to play them, we usually beat them down there and they have some happy memories of victory's in O'Moore Park, not against us but victory's all the same which makes O'Moore Park a good place for them.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on November 15, 2018, 02:19:28 AM
It's all wrong but it's not a disaster. Our first home game was to be against Carlow   
Round 2
Saturday 2 February
(7.0): Laois v Carlow

So what if we have to go to Carlow to play them, we usually beat them down there and they have some happy memories of victory's in O'Moore Park, not against us but victory's all the same which makes O'Moore Park a good place for them.
Exactly. The gravy keeps flowing and all we need to do is pop over the border and put Carlow over our knees again in an auld league match. Be grand. Chill the beans lads.

Giovanni

Firstly, I don't think it's established that it's the Carlow game that we lose and secondly the game is supposed to be held in a neutral venue - not in their home ground.

In any case, the issue for me is more about the unequal application of this (ridiculous) rule to different counties. How anyone can consider that to be "grand" is beyond me.

GAA-SMART

Yeah Carlow shouldnt get home advantage because we broke a rule. Sure that would be unfair on every team in the competition. The rule itself is a grand rule if its enforced fairly which clearly it is not. The point above on Dublin Lawyers is relevent. Dublin have top guys working full time for them who can put the time and resources into working with lawyers and getting information together where we simply do not have that resource. The sad thing here is that again Dublin get away scott free while we are punished. I dont care where we play Carlow- can play them in the scottish highlands, if we are good enough we will win. O Moore park is hardly a fortress these times.

Don Draper

Quote from: Giovanni on November 15, 2018, 08:49:30 AM
Firstly, I don't think it's established that it's the Carlow game that we lose and secondly the game is supposed to be held in a neutral venue - not in their home ground.

In any case, the issue for me is more about the unequal application of this (ridiculous) rule to different counties. How anyone can consider that to be "grand" is beyond me.
Ah its not the end of the world. Britain is collapsing across the water, things could be worse.

Giovanni

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/11/15/john-sugrue-farcical-nature-of-ruling-against-us-as-gaa-create-culture-of-rule-bending/

This is the crux of it. Are we going to be honest in the application of this rule or not? Or are we just going to hit the eejits that haven't taken the care to buy a ticket for Daniel O Connell's birthplace.

I suppose we'll know better next time.......... Is that what they want?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Jd

The thing about this is that Dublin  and their supporters  don't mind travelling  at all......  they love a day out.  These decisions  are purely  for  political  and economic reasons.  The hierarchy  could not give one fig about a level  playing field

Junior Ex Laoistalk