Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 25, 2021, 11:40:14 AM
Cut throat from Chelsea. They don't mess around.

Tuchel is the next in. They actually aren't all that far behind....new manager bounce....they couldn't, could they?

Roman Abramovich remains ruthless. With all the money that was spent on signings last summer on top of already strong squad it was clear he expected a title challenge at least this season. Instead Lampard who couldn't handle the pressure to succeed has left Chelsea 9th and 11 points off the top.

Tuchel a big upgrade on Lampard however if he doesn't reach the expectations of Mr Abramovich he won't last more than two seasons either.

Armamike

Wouldn't expect Tuchel to last more than a season.
That's just, like your opinion man.

nrico2006

I think back to all the claims that Tyrone wouldn't be able to keep their run going when they arrived on the scene due to the high intensity that they played with, is the same possibly going to happen with Liverpool?  Is there a pattern emerging with Klopp sides?  Took a few years to get Dortmund to the top but then they started to tumble. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GJL

They have been playing at a very high level now for 3 years so it was kind to catch up. I'd say Son and Kane can't wait to get a go at that defence.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 25, 2021, 07:49:35 PM
I think back to all the claims that Tyrone wouldn't be able to keep their run going when they arrived on the scene due to the high intensity that they played with, is the same possibly going to happen with Liverpool?  Is there a pattern emerging with Klopp sides?  Took a few years to get Dortmund to the top but then they started to tumble.

Its a season quite literally like no other. Very little pre season or rest. One season merged into another. It's been trial and error.

Liverpools game stripped back...is based on intensity, it's hard to ask that every 3 days really. They've had injuries but that's what I meant a few pages ago when there was calls for Pep to be sacked, Lampard.....Mourinho went through a month without a win. It's a strange, strange season. You have to forgive clubs for not cracking the code when it's been thrust on them but it has led to the most interesting midway point we could imagine.

Lampard obviously was learning on the job but outside factors are massive. Is Klopp only a 5 point manager better than Lampard? Absolutely not, but that's the way the table sits right now. They are all getting it tough, the league winner this year will possibly be the record lowest points.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 25, 2021, 08:52:44 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 25, 2021, 07:49:35 PM

Its a season quite literally like no other. Very little pre season or rest. One season merged into another. It's been trial and error.

Liverpools game stripped back...is based on intensity, it's hard to ask that every 3 days really. They've had injuries but that's what I meant a few pages ago when there was calls for Pep to be sacked, Lampard.....Mourinho went through a month without a win. It's a strange, strange season. You have to forgive clubs for not cracking the code when it's been thrust on them but it has led to the most interesting midway point we could imagine.

Lampard obviously was learning on the job but outside factors are massive. Is Klopp only a 5 point manager better than Lampard? Absolutely not, but that's the way the table sits right now. They are all getting it tough, the league winner this year will possibly be the record lowest points.
It's very difficult to keep that level of intensity up with the same players. City crashed last year and Liverpool were a year behind them when you think about it. I listened to a guy at the start of the season talking about it, he had some other reasons for it but I'd take that with a pinch of salt. Ferguson's best teams needed to be changed after 3 or 4 years. He did that pretty ruthlessly in his time, Klopp doesn't seem like that and Liverpool don't seem to be pushing another big spend to change things up.

seafoid

It's like the hurling. Hard to maintain the intensity for the 2 in a row. Liverpool should win it handy next year.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

manfromdelmonte

West Ham are flying it recently

Boycey

Delighted for Moyes as it goes. It didn't work for him at United but think he copped a lot of unnecessary flak in the years after it. He did a good job at Everton over a prolonged period...

Milltown Row2

City 4 up and top of the league! They'll get another 4 at this rate
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2021, 09:03:00 PM

They are flying but West Brom are a poor side.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on January 26, 2021, 09:04:22 PM

Granted, Brom have been poor all season but every attack looks like it'll bring a goal.

Those players will sleep tonight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

reillycavan

Quote from: GJL on January 26, 2021, 09:04:22 PM

Big Sam methods are outdated.  He will be gone before the season ends.

Captain Obvious

Who is more past their best Mourinho or Bale?