Which of these changes would you agree with and in what order?

Started by sligoman2, September 12, 2018, 12:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these changes would you agree with and in what order?

All kick outs must pass the 50 yard line
6 (15%)
2 points for a point kicked from play from outside the 50 yard line
6 (15%)
4 players must remain inside the opponents half at all time
2 (5%)
Maximum of 3 hand passes which must be followed by a footpass/kick
3 (7.5%)
Marks for balls caught over the head from a footpass in any area of the pitch
1 (2.5%)
Make 4 step rule 6 steps and enforce
1 (2.5%)
Once ball enters opponents half it can not be played back beyond the half way line
4 (10%)
Black card also includes a 10 minute sin bin before replacement player is allowed
5 (12.5%)
Allow the ball to be picked off the ground
0 (0%)
2 refs for all county games
2 (5%)
Use a clock that stops at the refs signal for any reason and game ends when ball goes out of bounds after time expires
6 (15%)
All of the above..
4 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 40

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Manning18 on September 19, 2018, 09:59:47 AM
Simplest and yet most effective suggestion not even included. Handpass has to be a closed fist only. Bye bye easily retaining possession through the tackle
Yep.
It works in Aussie Rules.

Also the 'taking 4 steps while bouncing' interpretation has to go. If the ball is carried in your hand it is over carrying. Its not basketball we're playing.

tippabu

Quote from: Jinxy on September 17, 2018, 04:31:33 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on September 12, 2018, 10:18:51 PM
I'd find it harder to pick a ball straight off the ground. Unless of course I was on the ground. Chipping it up is much easier.

You're actually right.
Watching the women yesterday, I'd have to say I would rather stick with our pick-up.
It's kind of awkward to pick it up straight off the ground as you nearly have to run slightly to one side of the ball and lean down instead of going straight through.
Regardless, it is a mile down the list of potential changes that would make an actual difference.

Its more the ball skidding fast and low towards you where it would be a benefit and usually only time a free for picking it off the ground is given....it can be very tough to know for sure if it's a pick up or not and is a judgement call...that's the only place I could see it being of any use. Doesn't really bother me too much though.

On the ball having to travel 45/50 yards from a kick out, would take a fair kick into the teeth of a wind similar to this to employ that rule

BennyCake

Quote from: Manning18 on September 19, 2018, 09:59:47 AM
Simplest and yet most effective suggestion not even included. Handpass has to be a closed fist only. Bye bye easily retaining possession through the tackle

Yes agree with that. How many times have we seen the ball threw into the net?

Plus all frees within the 50 (the 21 at least!) taken from the ground. Grown men tapping the ball over from the 14 line look like under 6's.

sligoman2

Quote from: tippabu on September 19, 2018, 10:06:10 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 17, 2018, 04:31:33 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on September 12, 2018, 10:18:51 PM
I'd find it harder to pick a ball straight off the ground. Unless of course I was on the ground. Chipping it up is much easier.

You're actually right.
Watching the women yesterday, I'd have to say I would rather stick with our pick-up.
It's kind of awkward to pick it up straight off the ground as you nearly have to run slightly to one side of the ball and lean down instead of going straight through.
Regardless, it is a mile down the list of potential changes that would make an actual difference.

Its more the ball skidding fast and low towards you where it would be a benefit and usually only time a free for picking it off the ground is given....it can be very tough to know for sure if it's a pick up or not and is a judgement call...that's the only place I could see it being of any use. Doesn't really bother me too much though.

On the ball having to travel 45/50 yards from a kick out, would take a fair kick into the teeth of a wind similar to this to employ that rule

Valid point Tipp and may need the introduction of a 35 meter line for use in such circumstances.  The whole purpose of the proposal is to bring back high fielding a great aspect that had been eliminated and has been replaced by short kick outs followed by 100 handpasses.  By the way, I agree with the closed fist idea, only problem is subjectivity or interpretation by the ref..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Stall the Bailer

How about all kickouts taken from the 20m line. Would encourage keeper to go longer.