Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punt kick

Tyrone refused to give Armagh one as it totally galled them that Armagh beat them to the All-Ireland - both points statement of facts.

WT4E

Quote from: punt kick on August 11, 2017, 04:25:21 PM
Tyrone refused to give Armagh one as it totally galled them that Armagh beat them to the All-Ireland - both points statement of facts.

What are you doing in here punt kick - I thought this board would be safe from you - Is there no division 3 discussion you could be off talking in?

Tyrone played Roscommon in the first league game of 2003 and didn't play Armagh to Round 5. Do you want Armagh to be given a guard of honour from now until the end of time to acknowledge your only All Ireland Title? I'd be happy to see that  ;D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 11, 2017, 03:32:19 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 11, 2017, 02:38:02 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 11, 2017, 10:31:43 AM
I think it's gas the last few years the relationship between most of the Mayo and Tyrone fans and the lack of respect for each other.

I think a lot of Tyrone fans feel Mayo are a good team but are always the nearly men that just don't have what it takes to get over the line. They probably lack that inner self belief that they are good enough which gives you that little bit extra to win out close games rather than draw them.

Mayo fans can't understand Tyrone's arrogance and over confidence when they play teams like them, Kerry and Dublin and why can't they be more realistic in that they've not beaten a top team now for 9 years.
Mayo see themselves as a top 2 or 3 team for a long period of time now and use this term one of the most consistent teams about and they would say Tyrone fans don't give them enough credit for that.

This is what I think anyway and it amuses me again to read some of their posters (and Rossies & others) get annoyed that Tyrone believe they are good enough to beat Dublin.
As Mickey Harte used to say back in the 2000s, if you yourself believe you can do something then you have a good chance that you will succeed. However, if you aren't sure and don't really believe then you are already at a huge disadvantage.
In fairness to Armagh they went into their games against Tyrone in 2003 and 2005 totally believing they were going to win and that very nearly got them over the line.

I have to say I think the exact same about Tyrone the last 6 to 7 years. Like it or hate it, There are a lot of similarities between both teams.

Theyre right though

Only up to a point I'd say, ie, Mayo have been a better team than ourselves up until last year, since 2010, but now the worm has turned, I reckon, and our reckoning is this game, where we hope to have just a little too much for the Dubs. :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

whitey

Hopefully they'll hammer the seven bells out of each other and both teams pick up numerous red and black cards to help ease Mayos journey to a well deserved title (should they overcome Kerry)

Fuzzman

Sorry Tonto, you've lost me as well.

I've been keeping tabs this year of who has scored what for Tyrone this year and rather surprisingly Sean is still top scorer with 0.14 but of course a lot of those are frees.

Sean    0.14
P.Harte   1.08
Mulgrew   2.04
M.Bradley   0.08
RoNeill   2.01
Mattie   0.06
T.McCann   1.02
Sludden   0.05
Hampsey   0.05
McCurry   0.04

I really hope we don't have an issue again with Dublin fouling outside the 40 and Morgan going through another bad spell of missing frees. With a packed stadium and huge pressure, it will be a lot harder for him that the ones he's scored in the Ulster final and last weekend.

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2017, 04:40:22 PM
Hopefully they'll hammer the seven bells out of each other and both teams pick up numerous red and black cards to help ease Mayos journey to a well deserved title (should they overcome Kerry)
I was thinking exactly the same thing, Whitey
A scenario like 2001 where the form is overturned  and the favourites are hammered out the door in a one sided match that stuns the nation and all the winners, who are full of it.   have to do is turn up in the final cos it's only a team from Connacht.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gael85

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 11, 2017, 04:43:56 PM

I've been keeping tabs this year of who has scored what for Tyrone this year and rather surprisingly Sean is still top scorer with 0.14 but of course a lot of those are frees.

Sean    0.14
P.Harte   1.08
Mulgrew   2.04
M.Bradley   0.08
RoNeill   2.01
Mattie   0.06
T.McCann   1.02
Sludden   0.05
Hampsey   0.05
McCurry   0.04

I really hope we don't have an issue again with Dublin fouling outside the 40 and Morgan going through another bad spell of missing frees. With a packed stadium and huge pressure, it will be a lot harder for him that the ones he's scored in the Ulster final and last weekend.

Tyrone have a impressive scoring rate this year in championship. 6-77 in 4 games only conceding 1-46 in those games. 18 different players have scored in those games . When starting scoring goals consistently in Croke Park will be a serious force. Hopefully don't start in 2 week time ☺

S.Cavanagh  0-14
P.Harte 1-8
D.Mulgrew 2-4
M.Bradley 0-8
T.McCann 1-4
R.O'Neill 2-1
M.Donnelly 0-6
P.Hampsey 0-5
N.Sludden 0-5
D.McCurry 0-4
L.Brennan 0-3
C.McCann0-3
K.McGeary 0-3
N.Morgan 0-3
C.Cavanagh 0-2
D.McClure 0-2
L.Brennan 0-1
C.McShane 0-1

RedHand88

Quote from: punt kick on August 11, 2017, 04:25:21 PM

You talk some nonsense sir.

Gael85

I see Cathal  Mc Carron sent off in both Down and Armagh games for 2 yellow cards. Does that mean is suspended or is it 3 double yellows to incur a suspension?

Fuzzman

Sorry Gael85, he is not suspended for yer game but could be for the final.

RedHand88

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 11, 2017, 08:20:16 PM

Aye if it happens again in semi he misses a potential final.

sid waddell

Meh, he'd have six yellow cards in that case and would only need to overturn one to overturn a suspension. Easy done.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Gael85 on August 11, 2017, 06:14:30 PM

Sean    0.14
P.Harte   1.08
Mulgrew   2.04
M.Bradley   0.08
RoNeill   2.01
Mattie   0.06
T.McCann   1.02
Sludden   0.05
Hampsey   0.05
McCurry   0.04

Tyrone have a impressive scoring rate this year in championship. 6-77 in 4 games only conceding 1-46 in those games. 18 different players have scored in those games . When starting scoring goals consistently in Croke Park will be a serious force. Hopefully don't start in 2 week time ☺

S.Cavanagh  0-14
P.Harte 1-8
D.Mulgrew 2-4
M.Bradley 0-8
T.McCann 1-4
R.O'Neill 2-1
M.Donnelly 0-6
P.Hampsey 0-5
N.Sludden 0-5
D.McCurry 0-4
L.Brennan 0-3
C.McCann0-3
K.McGeary 0-3
N.Morgan 0-3
C.Cavanagh 0-2
D.McClure 0-2
L.Brennan 0-1
C.McShane 0-1

L Brennan in twice

BennyHarp

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2017, 08:45:16 PM

Aye if it happens again in semi he misses a potential final.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the suspension from multiple sendings off wouldn't carry to a final.
That was never a square ball!!

Gael85

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 11, 2017, 08:56:15 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on August 11, 2017, 06:14:30 PM

Sean    0.14
P.Harte   1.08
Mulgrew   2.04
M.Bradley   0.08
RoNeill   2.01
Mattie   0.06
T.McCann   1.02
Sludden   0.05
Hampsey   0.05
McCurry   0.04

S.Cavanagh  0-14
P.Harte 1-8
D.Mulgrew 2-4
M.Bradley 0-8
T.McCann 1-4
R.O'Neill 2-1
M.Donnelly 0-6
P.Hampsey 0-5
N.Sludden 0-5
D.McCurry 0-4
L.Brennan 0-3
C.McCann0-3