Cork vs Limerick 20/6/10

Started by Catch the high ball, June 20, 2010, 10:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch the high ball

Should be an entertaining enough game as Limerick have nothing to lose and Cork might underestimate them.

Is the match being shown on TV3 or RTE
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Minder

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 20, 2010, 10:27:23 AM
Should be an entertaining enough game as Limerick have nothing to lose and Cork might underestimate them.

Is the match being shown on TV3 or RTE

TV3, no live action today on RTE. Maybe better that as few people as possible see this.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

Loughnane says 'Justin must go'

Ger Loughnane reckons that Justin McCarthy needs to leave the Limerick hot seat
Monday, 21 June 2010 10:04
Two-time All-Ireland winning manager Ger Loughnane thinks Justin McCarthy should quit as Limerick boss following their defeat by Cork in the Munster hurling semi-final.

Cork ran out winners by 2-19 to 0-12 but the Rebels were never in danger and eased up towards the end to record a facile victory.

Limerick are missing as many as 30 players due to a dispute between the 2009 panel and the management team led by former Waterford boss McCarthy.

Loughnane made his comments on The Sunday Game: 'People I've spoken to are disgusted with what has gone on, even though they are not from Limerick. The Munster Championship is sacred to many people and to see only 13,000 at a game between those great rivals Limerick and Cork is terrible.

'Everyone is saying the solution lies with the Limerick County Board but I don't think they are going to solve this. The Limerick County Board is made up of genuine people. They are not devious but they are the kind of fellas you would put in charge of a Junior B team. You would not put them near a senior team.
'They are honest people but they don't have the ability to solve this.

'The solution has to come from the outside and it's the GAA that has to solve this. Only a higher authority can sort this out and that higher authority is Croke Park. Christy Cooney and Páraic Duffy have a huge responsibility to get everyone around a table and to sort this out very quickly.

'There is a big danger that Justin McCarthy will be there for the next two years and that will bring about the total destruction (of Limerick hurling). The Limerick team tried very hard, they are honest guys, but they are way below the standard.

'Number one is Justin has to go. Put Stephen McDonagh, Ciaran Carey, TJ Ryan and great fellas like that in charge of the team and they would revive the spirit of Limerick.'

Premier Emperor

Should be an entertaining enough game
Entertaining?
It nearly made me switch over to the World Cup!

Reillers

Quote from: Premier Emperor on June 25, 2010, 07:18:07 PM
Should be an entertaining enough game
Entertaining?
It nearly made me switch over to the World Cup!

At least you could switch over, I was in the fuckin stands. Limerick were poor, Cork just did what needed to be done and nothing more.