Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 07:24:52 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 11, 2019, 07:10:09 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 07:06:36 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 11, 2019, 06:58:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 06:27:05 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 11, 2019, 06:09:25 PM
Will Harte resign, surely his time is up?

He has been a great manager but it must be time for somebody else to get a chance. The Tyrone support seemed very muted at the game today even when they were ahead, there was more noise from the Kerry supporters and that is saying something as they rarely travel in numbers unless they are in an AI final.

This is the thing I don't get?

Will a new man bring us any further? I don't think so, I don't think today was lost on the line, a combination of scandalous refereeing and a mental implosion from Tyrone lost us the game. Mayo have changed manager three times in the past 6 seasons, has it brought them any closer? Realistically speaking Dublin look very likely to win the next two or three with little heat, maybe by that time a young Kerry side will be reaching their peak but I can't really see anyone beat them now.

Is it just change for the sake of change with Tyrone that you're advocating Harte to go?

What decisions were scandalous

The successive frees against Tyrone at the start of the half in the scoring area, the contrast to what was allowed against Tyrone in the second half. The calling up of play and booking of Sludden when Tyrone were in possession in a dangerous and Sludden had been pulled down and held down off the ball. Deegan booked him, gave a throw ball, Kerry won it and went down the pitch and got a nonsense free probably summed up his performance perfectly, not only was it one sided it was unashamed and not even subtle.

I'll have to see that game on TV but what he was letting go off the ball on Petey Harte, right in front of his eyes any time he made a run or a move without sanction to then awarding Kerry a number of frees 60 yards from play. He even blew against Donnelly for a free out to Kerry form something off the ball when Tyrone were on the attack.

I thought 2015 was bad with Deegan but he went all out to cap that today.

The stuff against Harte was poor alright. The free you talk about against Donnelly was a free if I remember rightly. You're not complaining about the same thing but Tyrone getting a free, and I think scoring from in the same circumstances.
The talk off Deegan riding Tyrone, and his scandalous decisions, is way over the top

Tyrone didn't get the same number of frees in the scoring range and I think at least three of the frees Tyrone got were from Kerry players touching the ball on the ground. When you consider the attention McShane and Donnelly got physically off the Kerry players without an award to the ridiculously soft frees Kerry got at the other end, it doesn't add up.

Kerry got so confident with it as the game came on they would just fling themselves at the ground, it was as bad a stitch up job as I've seen. We've had a few bad refs in recent years, most of them have been in games we've won. Of the games we've lost we might have had a decision or two to quibble about but they didn't fleece us. The last time we got fleeced was 4 years ago in an All Ireland semi final with Kerry by the same man in the middle today.

Listen a ref can have a bad game but today's decisions in 2nd half were a joke. Take into account 2015 its very clear that he favours kerry. Dont care if it sounds like sour grapes but Tyrone county board should come out and call it like it is. What's the worst that can happen rte/gaa like you even less, but deal.

Better to give an honest assessment than grin and bear it

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 11, 2019, 07:29:02 PM

He has been a great manager but it must be time for somebody else to get a chance. The Tyrone support seemed very muted at the game today even when they were ahead, there was more noise from the Kerry supporters and that is saying something as they rarely travel in numbers unless they are in an AI final.

Will a new man bring us any further? I don't think so, I don't think today was lost on the line, a combination of scandalous refereeing and a mental implosion from Tyrone lost us the game. Mayo have changed manager three times in the past 6 seasons, has it brought them any closer? Realistically speaking Dublin look very likely to win the next two or three with little heat, maybe by that time a young Kerry side will be reaching their peak but I can't really see anyone beat them now.

Is it just change for the sake of change with Tyrone that you're advocating Harte to go?

The successive frees against Tyrone at the start of the half in the scoring area, the contrast to what was allowed against Tyrone in the second half. The calling up of play and booking of Sludden when Tyrone were in possession in a dangerous and Sludden had been pulled down and held down off the ball. Deegan booked him, gave a throw ball, Kerry won it and went down the pitch and got a nonsense free probably summed up his performance perfectly, not only was it one sided it was unashamed and not even subtle.

I'll have to see that game on TV but what he was letting go off the ball on Petey Harte, right in front of his eyes any time he made a run or a move without sanction to then awarding Kerry a number of frees 60 yards from play. He even blew against Donnelly for a free out to Kerry form something off the ball when Tyrone were on the attack.

The stuff against Harte was poor alright. The free you talk about against Donnelly was a free if I remember rightly. You're not complaining about the same thing but Tyrone getting a free, and I think scoring from in the same circumstances.
The talk off Deegan riding Tyrone, and his scandalous decisions, is way over the top

Tyrone didn't get the same number of frees in the scoring range and I think at least three of the frees Tyrone got were from Kerry players touching the ball on the ground. When you consider the attention McShane and Donnelly got physically off the Kerry players without an award to the ridiculously soft frees Kerry got at the other end, it doesn't add up.

Kerry got so confident with it as the game came on they would just fling themselves at the ground, it was as bad a stitch up job as I've seen. We've had a few bad refs in recent years, most of them have been in games we've won. Of the games we've lost we might have had a decision or two to quibble about but they didn't fleece us. The last time we got fleeced was 4 years ago in an All Ireland semi final with Kerry by the same man in the middle today.

In the first ten mins of the second half you got two frees, both of which were scored and neither for a hand on the ball in the ground. One was given from the other end of the field which you were complaining about Kerry getting

So apparently now we shouldn't even be getting genuine frees?

The difference between it was night and day?

I don't blame Deegan for Tyrone losing, we have to look at the mistakes we made and our mental implosion but I certainly think he had a seismic influence in that Kerry turnaround and his role was vital for Kerry in winning that game. If Tyrone were getting the benefit of those decisions it's an 8 or 9 point lead as opposed to a level game.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 07:32:36 PM

In the first ten mins of the second half you got two frees, both of which were scored and neither for a hand on the ball in the ground. One was given from the other end of the field which you were complaining about Kerry getting

I don't blame Deegan for Tyrone losing, we have to look at the mistakes we made and our mental implosion but I certainly think he had a seismic influence in that Kerry turnaround and his role was vital for Kerry in winning that game. If Tyrone were getting the benefit of those decisions it's an 8 or 9 point lead as opposed to a level game.

Did I say you shouldn't have got genuine free? I was pointing out that they were frees but not for handling the ball on the ground. I was also pointing out your hypocrisy. Something you are very good at

RedHand88

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 11, 2019, 05:40:27 PM
Redhand88 locking the Tyrone v Kerry match day thread is poor form.

Wasn't me. In all seriousness, it wasn't me. I was only out of the ground and came on to see it was locked. If it was me I'd have opened it again by now. The mods are at work.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 11, 2019, 07:34:54 PM

Did I say you shouldn't have got genuine free? I was pointing out that they were frees but not for handling the ball on the ground. I was also pointing out your hypocrisy. Something you are very good at

So you're saying that the genuine frees Tyrone got cancelled out the illegitimate ones Kerry got, makes sense alright.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 07:47:35 PM

So you're saying that the genuine frees Tyrone got cancelled out the illegitimate ones Kerry got, makes sense alright.

I don't know what you have been reading here. Maybe you are on the sauce?? The particular free you are talking about Kerry getting was a free. It was given by the linesman. Same thing happened when Tyrone got a free in the same circumstances.
Dress it up whatever way you want. You lost by a goal. Your number 6 set up a Kerry goal with a very loose pass.  Sludden, MDonnelly and McShane missed very easy scoring chances. That's why you lost

Owen Brannigan

Deegan is not good for northern teams. At least in this game he gave Tyrone additional time to get back into it.

Tyrone failed because they lost it on the sideline.

No change in tactics to deal with Kerry resurgence and change in attack with introduction of Walsh.

No one on the bench to bring on as a game changer.

Too many on the field at the same level, no equivalent to Geaney, Walsh and Clifford, not even at the standard of Mayo players across the team and bench. When Petey Harte was neutralised, using same tactic as used by Tyrone in the past, e.g. McMahon on Murphy, Tyrone were left with just Donnelly and McShane who carried them throughout the game but when they went off target no one else could score.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 11, 2019, 07:50:12 PM

I don't know what you have been reading here. Maybe you are on the sauce?? The particular free you are talking about Kerry getting was a free. It was given by the linesman. Same thing happened when Tyrone got a free in the same circumstances.
Dress it up whatever way you want. You lost by a goal. Your number 6 set up a Kerry goal with a very loose pass.  Sludden, MDonnelly and McShane missed very easy scoring chances. That's why you lost

Very much speculation again, Deegan called the free not the linesman, it is Deegan's thing - ignoring blatant acts in front of him yet relying on guess work 60 yards from play. I'll call it what is, a very one sided display or refereeing in one side reaped the benefit of all the dubious calls.

I have no problem in acknowledging Tyrone threw it away and can blame themselves. I have also a grievance with the fact that Deegan dragged Kerry back into the match with some ridiculous decisions and his performance benefited one side to a great degree. You are on here defending guesswork and inconsistencies from a ref in the latter stage of the All Ireland series today. I knew when Deegan was announced that we would need to be 5/6 points the better team to win, we weren't and we're out.

Tyrone can look at their mistakes as to why they lost.

Kerry look to Deegan as to how they managed to turn it around.

APM

Angelo, Take a leaf out of O'Neill's book on the other thread! Were you complaining down the years when Tyrone dived and bought cheap frees or when Gooch was being roughed up by Ricey or Gormley. There'll not be too much crying done for Tyrone in neutral counties.  Brolly has summed the game up well below. 

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/joe-brolly-boring-boring-tyrone-no-one-can-suck-the-life-out-of-a-sporting-occasion-quite-like-them-38393992.html

haranguerer

I was neutral on the game, but agree completely re Deegan. He brought Kerry back into it, and without doubt changed the result of the game.

befair

Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 08:19:57 PM

Very much speculation again, Deegan called the free not the linesman, it is Deegan's thing - ignoring blatant acts in front of him yet relying on guess work 60 yards from play. I'll call it what is, a very one sided display or refereeing in one side reaped the benefit of all the dubious calls.

I have no problem in acknowledging Tyrone threw it away and can blame themselves. I have also a grievance with the fact that Deegan dragged Kerry back into the match with some ridiculous decisions and his performance benefited one side to a great degree. You are on here defending guesswork and inconsistencies from a ref in the latter stage of the All Ireland series today. I knew when Deegan was announced that we would need to be 5/6 points the better team to win, we weren't and we're out.

Yes, blame the ref; it was the ref who kicked all those Tyrone wides in the 2nd half

Angelo

Quote from: APM on August 11, 2019, 08:26:34 PM
Angelo, Take a leaf out of O'Neill's book on the other thread! Were you complaining down the years when Tyrone dived and bought cheap frees or when Gooch was being roughed up by Ricey or Gormley. There'll not be too much crying done for Tyrone in neutral counties.  Brolly has summed the game up well below. 

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/joe-brolly-boring-boring-tyrone-no-one-can-suck-the-life-out-of-a-sporting-occasion-quite-like-them-38393992.html

That's just the false narrative that always followed Tyrone, the attention Sean Cavanagh and Peter Canavan used come in for when they faced Kerry in the big games was no worse than what Cooper got. Go back to the 2005 final and you will see the treatment dished out to them.

Angelo

Quote from: befair on August 11, 2019, 08:34:13 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 08:19:57 PM

Yes, blame the ref; it was the ref who kicked all those Tyrone wides in the 2nd half

As I said, Tyrone can look to themselves for their mental collapse, missed chances and cheap giveaways.

Kerry can look to Maurice Deegan and be grateful for how he went out of his way to intervene in the course of the game.

SouthDublinBro

Some of you people need to learn how to post correctly. There's no need to quote 10 posts at a time, just delete the older quotes.

macdanger2

Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2019, 09:13:51 PM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 11, 2019, 09:05:22 PM
What the fcuk do you know about quoting? Some of you people need to learn how to post correctly. There's no need to quote 10 posts at a time, just delete the older quotes.
;D ;D ;D