Jason Corbett

Started by Seany, August 09, 2017, 10:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0809/896281-corbett/

SHocking case. Wife seems to have been a nasty piece of work.  Her dad even more so.

MoChara

Was the murderer from America herself or did they all move over from Limerick?

screenexile

Was there no explanation of why?

Hardy

Quote from: screenexile on August 10, 2017, 11:17:57 AM

There was a $600,000 dollar life policy, of which she was "the main beneficiary".

Also, her father didn't like him and his "rowdy Irish friends" who "cussed too much" and left cigarette butts about the place. :-\

screenexile

Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2017, 11:28:46 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 10, 2017, 11:17:57 AM

There was a $600,000 dollar life policy, of which she was "the main beneficiary".

Also, her father didn't like him and his "rowdy Irish friends" who "cussed too much" and left cigarette butts about the place. :-\

Jaysus!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: MoChara on August 10, 2017, 11:11:36 AM
Was the murderer from America herself or did they all move over from Limerick?

An American. She moved to Limerick to be an au pair after his first wife died. When she married him, she became 'homesick' and wanted to move back to the states. I hate to say it, but I think she had him as an easy mark from the start.

tyrone girl

Followed this from right when it happened. Her facebook is mild now compared to what it was around that time. She was mental on facebook with all her hard luck stories and bullshit. In hindsight she was probably made take most of it down for legal reasons.

mrdeeds

Anyone know why 2nd degree murder? Not 1st?

tyrone girl

Probably something small in the carrying out of it. Maybe something to show it wasnt ultimately planned on that night at that particular time.

tyrone girl

A very fine line between both.

AZOffaly

Quote from: tyrone girl on August 10, 2017, 12:08:17 PM
Probably something small in the carrying out of it. Maybe something to show it wasnt ultimately planned on that night at that particular time.

First degree murder in NC has to involve premeditation, I believe, or be carried out in the course of a felony like armed robbery. I suppose the prosecution felt it would be difficult to proved premeditation with the weapon(s) used etc.

mrdeeds

Didn't they find drugs in his system administered by his wife. That says premeditatiom. The law is an ass. How they treated his body doesn't say heat of the moment.

AZOffaly

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 10, 2017, 12:15:08 PM
Didn't they find drugs in his system administered by his wife. That says premeditatiom. The law is an ass. How they treated his body doesn't say heat of the moment.

I suppose it's easier to get a prosecution for 2nd degree murder. Better lock them up for 20 years than have them walk with a hung jury. NC requires a unanimous verdict.

tyrone girl

I think they cant say for sure that they planned to kill him that particular night. Probably that they had planned to do it but whatever happened that night allowed them to go ahead with it or something like that. Easier to prove second degree also.

Taylor

She had a brick on her bedside cabinet which she used.
If that isnt pre-meditated...............