The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 14, 2018, 03:52:20 PM
A potential WC 1/4 final v South Africa could be very difficult. I'm just glad it wont be Argentina.

Is there any more word on a potential match against New Zealand in the US this autumn??

f**king Italy.

Crete Boom

Interesting thoughts on the game on Sat form Eddie Jones in this talk last year;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-btm103ZXN4#t=17m43s

dec

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 14, 2018, 03:52:20 PM
A potential WC 1/4 final v South Africa could be very difficult. I'm just glad it wont be Argentina.

Is there any more word on a potential match against New Zealand in the US this autumn??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_end-of-year_rugby_union_internationals

10 November 2018 Ireland     v     Argentina Aviva Stadium, Dublin

17 November 2018 Ireland     v     New Zealand Aviva Stadium, Dublin

24 November 2018 Ireland     v    Tier 2 nation Aviva Stadium, Dublin

bamboo

I see Eddie thinks we're 'scummy' and that Wales is a 'sh*tty little place'. Lots of apologising going on tonight to cover his tracks.

AZOffaly

Quote from: bamboo on March 14, 2018, 07:16:55 PM
I see Eddie thinks we're 'scummy' and that Wales is a 'sh*tty little place'. Lots of apologising going on tonight to cover his tracks.

He's a bit of a **** is Eddie.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 14, 2018, 07:17:45 PM
Quote from: bamboo on March 14, 2018, 07:16:55 PM

He's a bit of a **** is Eddie.
He is very arrogant but the talk is very interesting
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

brokencrossbar1

Have that wee speech on repeat all week and England will be ripped apart

Aaron Boone

U wonder who had that nugget in the locker the last 8 months. 2 straight losses for England and it appears.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 14, 2018, 10:46:24 PM
U wonder who had that nugget in the locker the last 8 months. 2 straight losses for England and it appears.

Eddie would not be loved by many in English rugby, his nature doesn't endear him to many and with the recent losses there will be plenty willing to move against him.  The premiership clubs do not have a great relationship with the RFU and the rate of attrition on their players in the England squad is proving very costly.  Eddie has been critical of the levels of fitness achieved by the clubs with the England players.

manfromdelmonte

England look overtrained, physically and mentally
they did a mini preseason camp before the six nations

completely clueless in the last two games.
poor skill levels

AZOffaly

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 14, 2018, 11:26:55 PM
England look overtrained, physically and mentally
they did a mini preseason camp before the six nations

completely clueless in the last two games.
poor skill levels

Cue a 10 point England win.

Asal Mor

Matt Williams was on Second Captains and said the fact that one of the assistant refs for Saturday took part in an English training session was "unheard of". World Rugby are apparently very annoyed about it and investigating the matter.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 15, 2018, 09:03:08 AM
Matt Williams was on Second Captains and said the fact that one of the assistant refs for Saturday took part in an English training session was "unheard of". World Rugby are apparently very annoyed about it and investigating the matter.

Sure just drop him so if they are very annoyed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 15, 2018, 09:04:03 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 15, 2018, 09:03:08 AM

Sure just drop him so if they are very annoyed.

I know when I was managing our senior team in the latter stages of the club finals I would have asked referee's to come in and do talks about what referees are looking for in games and how to work with different styles of referees.. this though has crossed the line in that he's actually working the match!!

Unless he was there before the appointment, which would have been grand, anything else I'd say they would have no other outcome other than to get someone else
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea