Abuse of GAA people on Discussion Boards

Started by Applesisapples, June 13, 2011, 05:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 22, 2011, 09:04:22 PM
Quote from: bcarrier on August 22, 2011, 08:22:18 PM
I listened to the worse verbal abuse of players I have ever heard in the " family " section of Croker yesterday. It went well beyond the usual . The individual in question had a Mayo jersey on but as is the way with this type of thug he started on the Kerry ones but eventually turned on his own.

The officials spoke to him a few times and I eventually pulled him up myself to be greeted by "who was talking to you" . I suspect the officials did not remove him as he was clearly angling for a fight and was from a " minority" . The kids with him were going down the same path , standing on seats and with no concept of others personal space.

All very sad/shameful and maybe I am being harsh but I was a bit disappointed that there wasnt a bigger effort by Mayo supporters in the vicinity to pull him up. We need to police our own.

I had a bit of an unpleasant experience with a lad there too yesterday. Unfortunately this lad was actually on duty in some capacity at the game. A load of lads about 16 or 17, dressed in the royal blue GAA wind breakers. They came up to sit behind us just before the start of the second half. I think they were involved with the Go Games or something.

Anyhow, when Galvin came on, and got an elbow in a tangle immediately, they started at him. 'Give it him, kn**ker'. etc. I turned around and gave the chief fella a glare. Of course that egged them on, so the next thing was 'Galvin's a f**king sc**bag'. There were kids around me as well, so I tried to be calm enough. I told the lad that he should be ashamed to wear the GAA top he had on him, and if he didn't have manners I'd make sure he never wore it again.

Of course all his mates started slagging him then, and they left about 5 minutes later, but I thought it was so sad that young lads obviously getting a free gig at Croke Park would behave like that towards our own players. These were neutrals as well, not supporters of Mayo, I should make that clear. Made it even sadder for me.

Coming up Clonliffe road after the match there was a group of about 6 Kerry girls in their early 20's singing some abusive crap and shouting jibes towards the Mayofans. Bad winners if I ever saw them, the Mayo crowd looked quite angry and the Kerry crowd looked mortified.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteComing up Clonliffe road after the match there was a group of about 6 Kerry girls in their early 20's singing some abusive crap and shouting jibes towards the Mayofans. Bad winners if I ever saw them, the Mayo crowd looked quite angry and the Kerry crowd looked mortified.

A jaysus mayogodhelpus, did you even think before you posted that. You'll get a slap from the other Mayo fans.
Basically you are saying a bunch of Kerry girls made the Mayo lads cry  :D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 23, 2011, 08:38:23 PM
QuoteComing up Clonliffe road after the match there was a group of about 6 Kerry girls in their early 20's singing some abusive crap and shouting jibes towards the Mayofans. Bad winners if I ever saw them, the Mayo crowd looked quite angry and the Kerry crowd looked mortified.

A jaysus mayogodhelpus, did you even think before you posted that. You'll get a slap from the other Mayo fans.

A well Mike there wasn't any crying just alot of disgusted faces, Mayo, Kerry, Roscommon and Tip alike. They have firmly put me in the Donegal or Dubs for Sam camp. To be honest they looked drunk, haven't seen the likes since I saw some fans from a county we won't mention who play and black and white chanting soccer insults at Cork a few years back.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Are those the same Kerry girls that were singing sam maguire coming home to Mayo as i was coming out of Croke park?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on August 23, 2011, 10:05:34 PM
Are those the same Kerry girls that were singing sam maguire coming home to Mayo as i was coming out of Croke park?
:D :D :D

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 23, 2011, 09:00:30 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 23, 2011, 08:38:23 PM

A well Mike there wasn't any crying just alot of disgusted faces, Mayo, Kerry, Roscommon and Tip alike. They have firmly put me in the Donegal or Dubs for Sam camp. To be honest they looked drunk, haven't seen the likes since I saw some fans from a county we won't mention who play and black and white chanting soccer insults at Cork a few years back.
It wasnt Sligo by any chance,  :D
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Hardy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 23, 2011, 01:05:41 PMa group of about 6 Kerry girls in their early 20's ...

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 23, 2011, 09:00:30 PM... have firmly put me in the Donegal or Dubs for Sam camp.

I hope you never, ever have to make an important decision.

ONeill

Yep, the increasing amount of people whose preferences are swayed by some yokel shouting a couple of mad things never fails to amuse me.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.