auschwitz day jews. v nazis

Started by lawnseed, January 27, 2015, 12:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

easytiger95

The roots of antisemitism in Europe are so deep and tangled as to be almost indecipherable at this stage - but the primitive hatred of the "blood libel" (painting Jews as the killers of Christ) has been around ever since the Roman Empire became Christian.  the fact that the Jews had been expelled from their traditional homeland (in various different epochs) led to them being considered foreign or "other" in many different countries (which probably leads to the fear in a lot of these twisted conspiracy theories of "internationalism"). And of course, there is the prominence of Jewish people within European banking, which stemmed from usury being considered a sin by the church in the Middle Ages. However, non-Christians were allowed lend money, and since these budding empires all needed credit to expand, Jews were actively encouraged to settle and begin banking. places like the bourse in Amsterdam were a direct result of Jewish financial innovation. The hypocritical ruling classes of these countries blamed the Jews for their success, initially confining them to ghettos, and then propagating horrible myths about them, which led to muck like the Protocols of Zion being published and believed. Throw in Germany losing the war, the collapse of the Weimar Republic, amid a global financial meltdown and all the tinderbox needed was a spark.

By the way, agree with AZ, though I don't think Lawnseed is actually pyschopathic - it's just very easy to hide behind a keyboard and snigger at the reaction you're undoubtedly trying to get in pretending to be so. Don;t let the fact that tonnes of these people's hair and teeth are still kept in situ at these camps, that there are still survivors and relatives of these people to whom this is a reality, not an exercise for trolling, that the Nazi bureaucratic killing machine was perhaps the purest ever manifestation of evil upon this earth - don't let that get in the way of your own enjoyment.

People seriously need to grow up.

Wildweasel74

That starting post by Lawnseed is a disgrace and makes me wonder what you have to do to be barred of here, seems to have crawled under a rock since his intital post.
I don't have much time for Israel policies or lack of to palestine but what happened in Auschwitz and the 5/6 or death camps was shocking and has been repeated in Rwanda, Cambodia, Srebrencia since.

Mans capacity to inflict slaughter on a global scale makes you wonder, we insult the rest of the species of this planet by calling them animals, sometimes you wonder who the real animals truly are!

seafoid

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 27, 2015, 05:51:27 PM
When I saw the thread title I feared the worst but I'm glad to see lots of intelligent discussion here.

I visited Auschwitz myself a few years ago and it will stay with me forever. I'm glad I went but it was truly, truly awful. Really brings the horror of the whole thing home.
All the major death camps were on Slav territory in the East. Not in occupied France. The Nazis saw Slavs as vermin and the favour was returned in 1945. 
France was far more civilised. the Nazis had standards in Western Europe, except in the Netherlands where they murdered most of the Jews.
Belzec and Majdanek were probably worse than Auschwitz but the Nazis destroyed them before the Red Army arrived.

Oraisteach

Very disheartening post, lawnseed.  I thought you were better than that.  Would you feel the same if someone felt no empathy for the victims of the Famine simply because of the actions of the Provos?

NetanYahoo is a despicable weasel, but his policies have no bearing on the atrocities that befell Jews during the Holocaust.

Hardy is right about the thin veneer of civilization, and the Milgram experiment or the Stanford prison experiment show how perfectly "decent" people are capable of the most heinous acts. 

I've seen some moving video of when victims of Khmer Rouge torture confronted their torturers, people who could be Everyman.  Sadly, genocide is not an exclusively Nazi specialty.  It abounds in human history--Russia, Armenia, Cambodia, Rwanda, Sudan and on and on. 

Not to feel for the victims is either callous or a sign that it so commonplace that we've become inured to it. 

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on January 27, 2015, 07:19:53 PM
When I saw the thread title I feared the worst but I'm glad to see lots of intelligent discussion here.

I visited Auschwitz myself a few years ago and it will stay with me forever. I'm glad I went but it was truly, truly awful. Really brings the horror of the whole thing home.
All the major death camps were on Slav territory in the East. Not in occupied France. The Nazis saw Slavs as vermin and the favour was returned in 1945. 
France was far more civilised. the Nazis had standards in Western Europe, except in the Netherlands where they murdered most of the Jews.
Belzec and Majdanek were probably worse than Auschwitz but the Nazis destroyed them before the Red Army arrived.

I've been in Majdanek, where some of the camp remains as the Russians arrived before it was fully dismantled, although I am sad to see looking it up that some of it burned down in 2010.
This thread is unfortunate, the Nazis were a different order of magnitude from pretty much anyone, which does not excuse Gaza in any way. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 27, 2015, 07:22:53 PM

Hardy is right about the thin veneer of civilization, and the Milgram experiment or the Stanford prison experiment show how perfectly "decent" people are capable of the most heinous acts.   

Oops sorry - yes, Milgram experiment, not Millman.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on January 27, 2015, 08:32:20 PM

Oops sorry - yes, Milgram experiment, not Millman.

Heinous freudian slip.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Very disheartening post, lawnseed.  I thought you were better than that.  Would you feel the same if someone felt no empathy for the victims of the Famine simply because of the actions of the Provos?

NetanYahoo is a despicable weasel, but his policies have no bearing on the atrocities that befell Jews during the Holocaust.

I've seen some moving video of when victims of Khmer Rouge torture confronted their torturers, people who could be Everyman.  Sadly, genocide is not an exclusively Nazi specialty.  It abounds in human history--Russia, Armenia, Cambodia, Rwanda, Sudan and on and on. 

Not to feel for the victims is either callous or a sign that it so commonplace that we've become inured to it.
One of the main features of genocides is that it is extremely rare for anybody to be punished for them .
Because who wants to go back to the past? I mean, there was loads of Jewish property suddenly available and it would have been too complicated to go back and rake up the coals.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on January 27, 2015, 08:24:08 PM

I've been in Majdanek, where some of the camp remains as the Russians arrived before it was fully dismantled, although I am sad to see looking it up that some of it burned down in 2010.
This thread is unfortunate, the Nazis were a different order of magnitude from pretty much anyone, which does not excuse Gaza in any way.
Was sobibor the other one that they pulled down? Finkelstein's parents were in Majdanek.

I think only 50 people survived Sobibor

seafoid

Israel doesn't mark today. They picked another date to go with their ideology.

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/the-jewish-thinker/.premium-1.639209

"Ultimately, in 1951, Israel's Yom HaShoah (literally, Holocaust Day) was scheduled close to the anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. The choice of date was an attempt to focus on those who fought against the Nazis, rather than on those who never had that chance. Those who "went like sheep to the slaughter," as it was phrased in those days, were an embarrassment to the so-called "new Jews" of Israel. The official name of the new memorial day—Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Day—reflected this mindset: It was, in large part, a commemoration of the lucky few who had been able to fight, rather than the unfortunate majority. In effect, Israel's version of Holocaust memorial day was not a commemoration, but a denial of memory. "

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on January 27, 2015, 08:45:55 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 27, 2015, 08:24:08 PM

Was sobibor the other one that they pulled down? Finkelstein's parents were in Majdanek.

I think only 50 people survived Soafter

Sobibor had an escape which was featured in a film and 50 remained free until after the war. It was then completely removed so was never liberated.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lawnseed

We'll see how many of you visit gaza to see the handywork of the decendants of  holocaust victoms.

And the nazis did it all emm.. ? Did they? How convienient for france hungary and the other nice countries who paid germany to disposive thier undesirables.

What we are seeing is the western picture of things britain and america blowing smoke while they suck up to israel and let the create their own little holocaust. Look what they did to boats carrying aid to their camp.

Britain and america were well aware of the death camps during ww2 just as they are aware of whats happening now. As mentioned before prosecutions for this are seldom seen through.

Im not denying the holocaust it happed before I was born. Gaza is now..
The bbc can have programme about camps on for hours but when the jewish state drops white sulphur on top of palistinins they must have done it themselves.

Im not aploigising for saying what I feel. Maybe in 70 years it'll be palastinians on the bbc holding candles but we dont need to wait 70 years its every day
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

MWWSI 2017

trileacman

I'd say you lads are far too quick to blame this all on the Nazi's. The German people threw there full backing behind this shower of c***ts and stuck with them for the guts of 15 years. At least the bolsheviks had the excuse that they were a minority who seized power in a coup and held it by decades of red terror.

Nah the Germans threw their weight behind the Nazi ideology and the slaughter of the innocent and applied their trademark cold-blooded efficiency in the process. I for one will never forget the role they played in it and continue to view Merkel and her ilk with suspicion and contempt, now and forever. There are few comparable events in recent history where a people in such multitude disregarded the respect for human life of those around them. The Armenian genocide, destruction of the Native American nation and Irish famine aside, all other comparisons pale in significance of the scale of German culpability and even those 3 examples are going back the era's.

You just can't wash your hands of the murder of 4-5 million men, women and children and say "it wasn't me". That kind of slaughter stains your name for generations to come. It galls me to see the Germans run the EU nowadays and turn up their noses when we, the greeks or portugal don't pay our debts. Our national "shame" wouldn't even register compared to what they are guilty of and I only wish someone would tell that book-keeping, Oompa Loompa Angela Merkel that.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014