Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPatsAbu

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 29, 2021, 07:15:27 AM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 29, 2021, 01:10:14 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 28, 2021, 07:10:07 PM
MC geary has been amazing. His discipline in the tackle is unrecognisable from last year. That's what proper coaching gets you. No more Gavin Devlin ' coaching'.

Agree on McGeary being amazing. Disagree on the disrespect to Gavin Devlin.  Despite your anonymity it's safe to assume Gavin has contributed significantly more to Tyrone football than you have.
safe to say Tyrone football has contributed significantly more to Gavin's bank account than it has mine.

If talking thru your hole incurred expenses you'd be minted.

Jim Bob

Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 30, 2021, 11:36:52 AM
MC geary has been amazing. His discipline in the tackle is unrecognisable from last year. That's what proper coaching gets you. No more Gavin Devlin ' coaching'.

Agree on McGeary being amazing. Disagree on the disrespect to Gavin Devlin.  Despite your anonymity it's safe to assume Gavin has contributed significantly more to Tyrone football than you have.
safe to say Tyrone football has contributed significantly more to Gavin's bank account than it has mine.

Once I was made aware that STG is actually a Fermanagh man living in Tyrone I just ignored all his silly  posts

southtyronegael

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 30, 2021, 12:57:02 PM

Once I was made aware that STG is actually a Fermanagh man living in Tyrone I just ignored all his silly  posts
guess I've been proved right about Harte and Devlin! Bluffer's held Tyrone back. Onwards and upwards yes! So satisfying.

kickitin

Quote from: Thastheball on August 30, 2021, 02:05:18 PM
Quote from: kickitin on August 30, 2021, 10:41:36 AM
Quote from: Thastheball on August 29, 2021, 10:29:42 AM
Read on this thread I think of one poster giving Michael O Neill a hard time, couldn't see anything he offered the Tyrone team. Have to call this clown out 🤡 O'Neill put in some shift yesterday, major blocks and two serious body tackles on Kerry players close to goals. Fist pumping passion from him. He made the poster on here look brain dead

myself, thanks for calling me out - made a few good body tackles is right, one particularly sticks out in my mind.

stand by a lot of what i said - he won't start the final, if he does then i'll agree with you about me being brain dead

Unfortunately it's obvious your brain dead re the footie, after that performance on Saturday he'll be starting. Sure if your that certain he won't be, I'll bet you come clean on who you are if your wrong?

*cathal mc shane enters the chat* we can talk about this in 2 weeks time once the games over sure and we see he didn't start  :-*

Christmas Lights

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 30, 2021, 01:12:08 PM

guess I've been proved right about Harte and Devlin! Bluffer's held Tyrone back. Onwards and upwards yes! So satisfying.

Don't kid yourself STG, this is still Mickey Harte's team and squad, he moulded all these player's don't forget.  I firmly believe Tyrone would be in an Ireland final today if MH was still at the helm, it was only a matter of time before this group of players beat one of the other big 4 in Croke Park.  Dooher and Logie have done a very good job this year but MH has left them an oven ready all Ireland competing squad.  Its not like when Alex Ferguson handed over the batton to David Moyes at Manchester United for goodness sake.  All they had to do is carry on what is being done and the Logie and Dooher have done that to a tee. 

Cobra

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 29, 2021, 02:25:55 PM
Quote from: Cobra on August 29, 2021, 09:50:59 AM
Clear that Harte had been holding this team and Tyrone football back. Cost us at least 5 all Ireland's. We're probably 20 years behind we're we should be. Logan and Dooher making up the ground now thankfully.

What are the 5 all irelands he cost us? What do you mean we are 20 years behind?

A blind goat could've won an AI with the 03 team. We lost serious chances in 04, 06, 07 and then we should've won one from 2009 until 2012. Harte hadn't a notion. Those AI's were won in spite of him not because of him. Even his son got an AI medal in 03. That group were that good that they could carry him when he couldn't get a place in the EC team.
From 2010 until last year Harte held that team back. He didn't trust them and they didn't trust him. The CB basically had to sack him to get him to leave, he didn't even have the cop out to go himself. I was scundered for him.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Cobra on August 30, 2021, 03:41:29 PM
Clear that Harte had been holding this team and Tyrone football back. Cost us at least 5 all Ireland's. We're probably 20 years behind we're we should be. Logan and Dooher making up the ground now thankfully.

What are the 5 all irelands he cost us? What do you mean we are 20 years behind?

A blind goat could've won an AI with the 03 team. We lost serious chances in 04, 06, 07 and then we should've won one from 2009 until 2012. Harte hadn't a notion. Those AI's were won in spite of him not because of him. Even his son got an AI medal in 03. That group were that good that they could carry him when he couldn't get a place in the EC team.
From 2010 until last year Harte held that team back. He didn't trust them and they didn't trust him. The CB basically had to sack him to get him to leave, he didn't even have the cop out to go himself. I was scundered for him.

You are as mad as the ballix who once said that Raymond Munroe almost cost Tyrone 2 All Ireland minor titles in 2008 and 2010 ...  Munroe was the manager both years... 2 All Ireland minor titles with 2 different teams ...

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 30, 2021, 02:58:36 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 30, 2021, 01:12:08 PM

Don't kid yourself STG, this is still Mickey Harte's team and squad, he moulded all these player's don't forget.  I firmly believe Tyrone would be in an Ireland final today if MH was still at the helm, it was only a matter of time before this group of players beat one of the other big 4 in Croke Park.  Dooher and Logie have done a very good job this year but MH has left them an oven ready all Ireland competing squad.  Its not like when Alex Ferguson handed over the batton to David Moyes at Manchester United for goodness sake.  All they had to do is carry on what is being done and the Logie and Dooher have done that to a tee.

They clearly didn't just need to carry on what was being done as what was being done over the previous 10 years was never enough to beat one of the top sides in the Championship. Mickey Harte is a legend and whatever anybody tries to suggest, he was absolutely central to the success of the noughties. He had terrific talent to work with but he nurtured those players and gave them the belief to go on and achieve what they did. And even in that last decade he did fine work in keeping Tyrone competitive when at times we were just a bit short of the players needed to win.

However, I've no doubt that he also became too cautious as time went on and tried to micromanage his teams. No surprise to see players seeing that they have been playing with more freedom under the new management. That much is obvious in their performances and in great comparison to the way Tyrone teams at times over the past few years seemed scared to deviate from the very regimented plan. I also suspect he had grown rather distant from the players, something else that comes across in comments from the panel. Not convinced he ever formed anywhere near the same level of bond with more recent teams as he did with the 1997-2001 crop he knew so well. I think the current crop are probably happier with the management team they knew well from under 21. A change was overdue and just as Mickey deserves every praise he gets for his huge achievements, so do the new management team deserve plaudits for taking the team to a final and beating Kerry, and with less preparation than they would have had normally. Oven ready, I don't think so.

tyrone08

Few questions.

How can tyrone get the best out of mckenna? He is pure talent and passion but hasn't really kicked on this year compared with his first few games under mickey. Wonder if he was happy with the change of management as I assumed mickey was involved in bringing him back.

Why is dooher still being cautious with mcshane. He clearly is fit and needs the game time.

Is Lee breenan on the panel still. Always thought he has something to offer tyrone especially from free kicks.

No offence to ronan o'neill but he is not going to make it so wonder whats keeping him on the panel.

Jayop

McShane up top and McKenna at half back line.

Under Lights

Quote from: Jayop on August 30, 2021, 11:48:00 PM

Who you dropping? Sludden?

Moonshine

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 30, 2021, 04:39:37 PM
Quote from: Cobra on August 30, 2021, 03:41:29 PM

You are as mad as the ballix who once said that Raymond Munroe almost cost Tyrone 2 All Ireland minor titles in 2008 and 2010 ...  Munroe was the manager both years... 2 All Ireland minor titles with 2 different teams ...

Well then 2 blind goats couldn't win the all ireland the year before with the same squad you absolute fool. Also the team between 2009 and 2012 were dreadful they were on the down slope.

Jim Bob

Moonshine , Your message is to Cobra I assume ?

kickitin

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 30, 2021, 08:49:46 PM
Few questions.

How can tyrone get the best out of mckenna? He is pure talent and passion but hasn't really kicked on this year compared with his first few games under mickey. Wonder if he was happy with the change of management as I assumed mickey was involved in bringing him back.

Why is dooher still being cautious with mcshane. He clearly is fit and needs the game time.

Is Lee breenan on the panel still. Always thought he has something to offer tyrone especially from free kicks.

No offence to ronan o'neill but he is not going to make it so wonder whats keeping him on the panel.

mcshane played nearly an hours football on Saturday past, fair enough "dooher" who's not the manager didn't know there would be extra time, but he still threw him on 9 mins into the 2nd half when the game was in the complete melting pot, so i don't understand what part of that is cautious - you say he's fit and then you say he needs the game time, which one is it? he will be in with a massive chance of starting the next day, just depends on what way the management want to set up

LB tore his hamstring in a friendly against either roscommon or cork

RON best goal scoring threat in Tyrone, isn't going to make it but i feel like when he see's certain players on ahead of him and he knows/thinks he is a much better player than them which must be extremely frustrating

kickitin

Quote from: Under Lights on August 31, 2021, 06:07:19 AM
Quote from: Jayop on August 30, 2021, 11:48:00 PM

Who you dropping? Sludden?

Mckenna at 11 Mcshane at 15 is the obvious move if Mcshane is to start the final