landsofamerica.com

Started by lawnseed, March 08, 2011, 11:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

thinking of a move? got a few bucks? stayed out of the property market during the maddness? whats the future hold for you and your children? whats ireland got to offer them? will you be drying your eyes at the airport when they have to emmigrate. i've already left two family members in dublin airport not a pleasant experience. so i'm thinking of pulling the plug, i'm a father of four and i want my kids about me not on the far side of the world.
property in america is dirt cheap i'm looking at oklahoma its greenish and not too cold, theres heaps of work in oklahoma city and tulsa. i've spent days brousing landsofamerica.com its addictive, i found a place 360acres and a house like southfork for 480000dollars thats not the price of a couple of average houses here.
whats america really like? is it hard to get in i'm told if you buy a business they'll let you in? dont know if i'm wise :-\ 

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Lawnseed ya might like Australia, its some mighty place.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

new devil

What about visa's lawnseed? do you have any grounds for one? they are near impossible to get

lawnseed

Quote from: new devil on March 08, 2011, 11:39:37 PM
What about visa's lawnseed? do you have any grounds for one? they are near impossible to get

i'm told if you buy a business for more than 200,000 and employ 1 american they'll let you in. checking it out this week
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

orangeman

Quote from: lawnseed on March 08, 2011, 11:45:32 PM
Quote from: new devil on March 08, 2011, 11:39:37 PM

i'm told if you buy a business for more than 200,000 and employ 1 american they'll let you in. checking it out this week

i think you're right there - i remember a programme on about the farmer from co fermanagh who bought a dairy farm in North or South Dakota - he got visas no problem.

$200k wouldn't buy that much surely ??

Cde

I think it is more in the region of $500k

new devil

I thought it was one million dollars

Ulick

If your business goes bust they'll f**k you all out again and you'll have to keep it going til the day you die, no retirement, no health care, no nothing.

highorlow

My only advice is to watch that Borat film before you decide on america.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

balladmaker

Bingo

Quote from: balladmaker on March 09, 2011, 09:49:48 AM
Fine looking spot here going at a bargain  :o

http://www.landsofamerica.com/america/?detail=&inv_id=853957

To think you could have bought a couple of acres in D4 for the same price a few years back!

Declan

Not the states but have heard about this site:

http://www.workingabroad.net/

mannix

The USA is more broke than Greece, you are an older man, keep the bit you have and don,t give these fellas the chance to drain your account.