BBC loving twelfth boom!

Started by ExiledGael, July 13, 2007, 09:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: GweylTah on July 16, 2007, 10:54:18 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 16, 2007, 10:51:28 AM
but when you have spides, celtic jersied, Tricolour waving attendees on one side
and
establishment backed (psni,bbc, local council, local gov, local religious institutions, local politicians etc etc etc)
sectarian connuctationed and bannered events THEN attended by the spides with rangers jerseys, union jacks, loyalist NI flegs etc

the only thing in common would be the lower classes and their flegs/banners/jerseys of choice.

your 'two sides of a shitty coin' statement is only brushing over the reality..

Big GAA occasions might be a better comparison?

Your arm must be sore from all that stirring.

cville

Reference - Slovaks, Poles etc.... Gwyeltach?????????? THERE WERE PLENTY OF SPECTATORS / PARTICIPANTS INTERVIEWED.... ALL WHO EXPRESSED THEIR 'GREAT TO BE A PROD' PHILOSOPHY - No RCs though.... Maybe the bit about Polish workers was over your head...The guy with all the badges - please explain what his problem was...!!!! The fact is that 1. The political and paramilitary undercurrent of the day would intimidate any RC - 2. Tell me more about the Joe Bratty memorial banner - ps Bratty was no role model and for 'Christian men' to go down this road - God help us! 3. also well done thE IFA - NEW FLAGS DOING THE ROUNDS ALONG WITH UVF, UDA ETC... Finally - no excuses, no waffle - it's a SECTARIANFEST! Why a State broadcaster wasted money on THAT? All that for a fcking syphillis infested midget with a hunchback and a liking for boys? - Maybe that last bit was a bit over the top.... However.... so was the BBC's coverage!!!

GweylTah

Could it be that as the 12th is ostensibly people celebrating who are not your sort is what you find offensive?  I think that's the crux of it.

For godness sake live  and let live dear!

Long time dead

Why is anyone surprised at the BBC's coverage of the annual Fenian bashing sectarian feast, its a great time for the BBC to really show their true colours without always having to through in something for the Taigs.  ::)

cville

Dear Gaeltach - My Sort? Sorry but live and let live! Tell me what would happen if a Gay Orange Lodge - ie LOL 392 The Sons of George Michael - was formed...are they allowed to march? Or a women's feminist lodge - WLOL 101 The Carpetmunching Daughters - are they your sort? One day we might even get a Catholic Orange Lodge? I don't give a Friar Tuck about the OO, we all bleed the same ... but be realistic ... it's legalised bigotry! -

GweylTah

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 16, 2007, 11:58:18 AM
Quote from: cville on July 16, 2007, 11:43:48 AM
legalised bigotry! -

:D :D :D
Cville do yourself a favour and stop taking any notice of Gwaytofuck, he/she/it is only here to provoke a reaction.

There you go ... attempting to stifle free speech and even telling others to not engage with others.

You're monoculture personified.

man in black

Quote from: GweylTah on July 16, 2007, 12:00:59 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 16, 2007, 11:58:18 AM
Quote from: cville on July 16, 2007, 11:43:48 AM
legalised bigotry! -

Cville do yourself a favour and stop taking any notice of Gwaytofuck, he/she/it is only here to provoke a reaction.

There you go ... attempting to stifle free speech and even telling others to not engage with others.

You're monoculture personified.

Better to be monoculturist than associate with pond life.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

lynchbhoy

Quote from: GweylTah on July 16, 2007, 10:54:18 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 16, 2007, 10:51:28 AM
but when you have spides, celtic jersied, Tricolour waving attendees on one side
and
establishment backed (psni,bbc, local council, local gov, local religious institutions, local politicians etc etc etc)
sectarian connuctationed and bannered events THEN attended by the spides with rangers jerseys, union jacks, loyalist NI flegs etc
the only thing in common would be the lower classes and their flegs/banners/jerseys of choice.
your 'two sides of a shitty coin' statement is only brushing over the reality..

Big GAA occasions might be a better comparison?
...not for the first time , you and your 'argument' do not make any sense.

I expect your next retort to again be in resounding endorsement for the orange order and that kind of triumphalist sectarian behaviour ...again
::)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 16, 2007, 12:17:07 PM
Us monoculture?
I`m off to join the Orange Order on my lunch break, they accept members from all walks of life and do lots of good work for various NI charities, cant wait to get my new sash and bowler hat, I`ll look so chic in the 21st Century  ;)

no chance

your eyes are too far apart,
your father and mother are not brother and sister
and your white hooded cloak is in the dry cleaners

cville

Could just imagine the live TV reporting of the Joe Bratty lodge:

"Well Clifford, who have we here?"
"Oh this is a new lodge and that is their new banner - real works of art they are"
"And this guy Joe Bratty, is he well-known in Orange folklore?"
"Yes he was a good Christian and did a lot of useful work around the Ormeau Road before he died tragically."
"What sort of work?"
"He was the leader of a notorious band of hate-filled killers who murdered at random in the late 1980s and early 1990s."
"Should the OO not try and stop this type of banner? I mean some people at home might be offended."
"Not really. You see the OO is a wide family and incorporates a number of opinions. I mean there is a precedent as in 1992 our members held up five fingers in salute of the number of people killed by Bratty's men in the Ormeau Road bookies."
"Surely, Clifford, the OO has moved on since then?"
"Oh they have - back then it was five finger's that were held up the th Lower Ormeau Road people - now we're only sticking up two fingers - but I mean to say look at those lovely uniforms and there are the kids with the banner and they'll get a couple of pounds for their efforts - all great fun - even catholics love this day."

stew

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 13, 2007, 10:39:17 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2007, 10:33:23 PM
I think you need to differentiate between the 11th night scumfires and the 12th parades.

If the 12th parades are cleaned up in terms of the drinking/Rangers flag-waving triumphalism, they are a cultural tourist attraction. I like band music and there are areas where such sectarian triumphalism is non-existent and I'd have no bother watching it. The OO have work to do, just as the St Patrick's Day Belfast committee have.

The 11th bonfires are scandalous and need a serious change in mindset that'll take 50 years to address.

Bullshit O'Neill, how the f**k can you bring the St. Patricks Day parade into this you plank!! How long have you been away, distance must have addled your brain. Nearly every one of the marches yesterday had a band with loyalist flags! Get off the fence, your arse must be sore. The OO need to clean out root and branch or disband, neither of which is going to happen.  >:(

brilliant!!!!! ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.