All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

I think Joe is right the GAA should call a replay to protect integrity and hope that Crokes win it!

RedHand88

Penny for Mullins thoughts at this stage. Do we think he knew what he was at or is it an honest mistake?

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 23, 2023, 09:09:33 PM
Penny for Mullins thoughts at this stage. Do we think he knew what he was at or is it an honest mistake?
Would be inclined to give him benefit of the doubt, maybe he didnt know

clawaddy

I am a neutral in this discussion but it seems to me that Glen were treated badly during the last few minutes. The cynical use of substitutes in extra time used up most of the 3 min which the ref chose to ignore. I think the sideline officials are more to blame for the 16/17 players but the ref should have allowed more time

seafoid

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 23, 2023, 09:13:43 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 23, 2023, 09:09:33 PM
Would be inclined to give him benefit of the doubt, maybe he didnt know
I really doubt it. He was on the line. Nobody told him to get off the pitch. And Wattys were absolutely devastated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbuR2TM0hRE&t=6275s

screenexile

Originally I wasn't in favour of a replay but the more the day has gone on I think Glen maybe should object.

Factually the objection is 100% justified but if they'd been playing a Caltra or a Ballinderry type small community club it wouldn't sit well to do it and the optics probably wouldn't be great.

That's not the case here though they're considering an objection against one of the biggest clubs in the Country who have just poached the 2nd best forward in the country to make up for their failings last season. I honestly think 99% of GAA people will be behind Glen in this instance so why the f**k not? The worst thing that can happen is you lose and sure that's where they are right now anyway!!

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2023/0123/1350351-glen-seek-16th-man-clarity-before-wednesday-deadline/
Derry side Glen have said they are "extremely disappointed" that the GAA will not review the potential rules breach from their AIB All-Ireland club final defeat to Kilmacud Crokes without the club first submitting an official objection.

Glen sought clarification from the GAA over a flashpoint which saw Kilmacud Crokes appear to have an extra player on the pitch for a period of injury time in Sunday's final.

Glen have until 3.30pm on Wednesday to lodge an objection.

The penalties for breaching Rule 6.44 include the awarding of the game to the opposing team, for the game to be replayed, or a fine.

A review of potential infractions of this rule can be instigated by appeal or an "inquiry by the committee in charge", so the Central Competition Controls Committee (CCCC) could also choose to investigate without a request from Glen.

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on January 23, 2023, 09:31:13 PM
Originally I wasn't in favour of a replay but the more the day has gone on I think Glen maybe should object.

Factually the objection is 100% justified but if they'd been playing a Caltra or a Ballinderry type small community club it wouldn't sit well to do it and the optics probably wouldn't be great.

That's not the case here though they're considering an objection against one of the biggest clubs in the Country who have just poached the 2nd best forward in the country to make up for their failings last season. I honestly think 99% of GAA people will be behind Glen in this instance so why the f**k not? The worst thing that can happen is you lose and sure that's where they are right now anyway!!
I think first thing most people might have agreed with Malachy O'Rourke, that they were beaten and that was that. 
Over the day the picture became clearer. The GAA has to act because the image of the sport is at risk. Any team could throw on 2 subs and leave the substituted  players on the pitch with a minute left. Who cares about 15 a side? 

Wildweasel74

I wasn't on for an objection, as the game done, but 24hrs later and maybe because of the GAA attitude to it, am now all on for a objection at the last possible second. f**k them, you may never be back. And I ain't a Glen man.

Wildweasel74

Anytime time I ever came on as sub ( not that often lol) first thing I done as I came on, was telling the guy going off, u subbed. Standard, back in them days.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 23, 2023, 10:00:01 PM
Anytime time I ever cam on as sub ( not that often lol) first thing I done as I came on, was telling the guy going off, u subbed. Standard, back in them days.

But did you come on as a sub in an All Ireland club final with seconds to go while your team was defending a 45?

You'd not be as casual as that post
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 23, 2023, 10:00:01 PM
Anytime time I ever cam on as sub ( not that often lol) first thing I done as I came on, was telling the guy going off, u subbed. Standard, back in them days.

Usually an unused sub ?  ;)
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

trueblue1234

No doubt the GAA will wait to until they realise it won't go away and will then capitulate and bow to growing media pressure.
Id have rather they came out and said straight away they were going to investigate and make a decision. But as they didn't, I hope they stick to their guns now and leave it in Glen's court*. Because if they don't and decide to give in under growing media pressure tomorrow or Wednesday it will be another example of how the organisation is lead by the nose by what the media decides are issues rather than actually what the organisation believes is within their rules.

And I say this in the hope Glen do lodge a complaint as it's not a scurrilous appeal.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit