Roger Casement  5-09
Four Masters       0-11

Erin Go Bragh                5-14
St Barnabus Nottingham 1-11

Next weekend
3.30. M.Lambe S.F.Ch/Ship Pairc Na hEireann   
Sean McDermotts    Vs    Roger Casements
John Mitchels          Vs    St.Barnabas
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

screenexile

Quote from: carnaross on April 26, 2008, 11:36:33 AM
What's happened to St. Peter's in Manchester?

They lost that ginat midfielder with superglue for hands for a start! lol

Nah seriously I think Peter's have lost a lot of first team regulars from the past few season while the crop that have joined this year just wouldn't be as strong as has been around in the past. Add to that the fact that other teams in the DIvision seem to have improved massively (Cuchullans, John Mitchles) in such a short space of time and it has all contributed to the position Peter's are in.

In fairness though I think they will get their act together come championship time although it is very hard to see Mitchell's being stopped this year. They managed to win last year playing against a strong Peter's team so I find it hard to imagine they won't win it a bit easier this year.

BennyHarp

I hope they can get their act together as they were definately one of the best teams i've played against since i came over to the UK and at their best would have been a match for John Mitchells. Not only good footballers but a decent bunch of lads who always played in a hard and fair way!

I am however, a bit disappointed that they arent making a bigger effort to fulfill fixtures in the pennine league! I cant believe that they were unable to muster 13 lads to play benedicts last week and oisins earlier in the season, while other clubs like bros pearse are fielding seriously weakened teams and doing the right thing in playing all their games - which, due to the points differential after taking a few beatings, could lead to them being relegated!
That was never a square ball!!

thejuice

Sean McDermots  2-12
Roger Caements  1-08

Not 100% on that scoreline but its not far wrong i think. We were missing 6-7 players and myself and one of our forwards had to be taken off with injuries. We fought hard but McDermots had too much for us, they made better use of the ball and their forwards found the target alot easier than we could.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

2 Weekends in a row Juice? Is it knockout over there? Seems to be a fair panic on it.

thejuice

Yeah, its the new championship format, it has pissed everyone off really, 2 groups of 3 teams playing each other once. So thats a 2 game championship minimum. We have no more games left in May as the county team takes precedent. the top 2 teams in each group go into the semi finals. So thats 4 games to win a Senior Championship.  ???

maddog

Quote from: thejuice on May 06, 2008, 09:55:08 AM
Sean McDermots  2-12
Roger Caements  1-08

Not 100% on that scoreline but its not far wrong i think. We were missing 6-7 players and myself and one of our forwards had to be taken off with injuries. We fought hard but McDermots had too much for us, they made better use of the ball and their forwards found the target alot easier than we could.

Macs were missing about 5-6 players as well. Heard on the Saturday that Casements were not going to field, yiz did well to get the numbers out. ;)

thejuice

Wasnt making excuses mad-dog, we were not good enough. Its dissappointing that at senior level football teams are struggling to field teams but it may also be a symptom of games being scheduled for a bank holiday weekend.

carnaross

Sunday's Inter County Championship:
London v Gloucestershire, Warwickshire v Lancashire and Hertfordshire v Scotland, Any thoughts on the outcome of these three games?
FYI Scotland have already had a run-out having beaten Yorkshire 2-13 - 1-15 after extra time last Sunday.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Rav67

Quote from: carnaross on May 08, 2008, 07:12:14 AM
Sunday's Inter County Championship:
London v Gloucestershire, Warwickshire v Lancashire and Hertfordshire v Scotland, Any thoughts on the outcome of these three games?
FYI Scotland have already had a run-out having beaten Yorkshire 2-13 - 1-15 after extra time last Sunday.

Did you see the Yorkshire game Carnaross?  Many Cuchullains men on the team?

carnaross

5 or 6, D O'S, C Mc P to name 2, not sure of others
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Rav67

That's a good representation, from what I hear them boys are confident of taking the championship this year.

BennyHarp

Was anyone at any of the junior intercounty championship games last weekend? What happened with Lancashire?

Yorkshire travel to Birmingham to play Gloucestershire on sunday in the first round of the back door - should be an interesting competition this year!
That was never a square ball!!

carnaross

Seems as though only Benny and myself are interested in the GAA in Britain. As for Lancashire, I was told last Monday by a mentor from JM's that he was told at 11.30pm on the Saturday Lancashire were not fielding. Apparently 10 JM lads turned up, but no other players. I don't know why the manager didn't try to get another 8 from JM's and they could have fulfilled the fixture. Also, the Lancs Co Board pressganged their GDA into managing the team. Seems as though, things in Lancs are not what they could be.

Rav67

Fellow poster SuperHans is making his debut for Yorkshire tomorrow, he's only just got his transfer through and hasn't even played for the club side yet!