Meath vs Donegal - 3rd time lucky??

Started by thejuice, July 08, 2019, 11:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inthrough

Quote from: Jayop on July 11, 2019, 08:42:12 PM
I don't often shout for Meath but I'll be hopping around of you can turn this lot over. Just hope someone warns the Meath lads not to touch a Donegal man anywhere over their belly button or they'll be rolling around like Neymar clutching their face looking for cards.

Donegal, generally sound support. Despise this team and manager more than anything Jim McGuinness ever put out.

You can probably get help for that.

Jayop

Quote from: inthrough on July 12, 2019, 09:54:24 PM
Quote from: Jayop on July 11, 2019, 08:42:12 PM
I don't often shout for Meath but I'll be hopping around of you can turn this lot over. Just hope someone warns the Meath lads not to touch a Donegal man anywhere over their belly button or they'll be rolling around like Neymar clutching their face looking for cards.

Donegal, generally sound support. Despise this team and manager more than anything Jim McGuinness ever put out.

You can probably get help for that.

Nah it's gone past help for me I'm afraid.

thejuice

Meath (All-Ireland SFC v Donegal):
Andrew Colgan;

Seamus Lavin, Conor McGill, Shane Gallagher;
Donal Keogan, Padraic Harnan, Gavin McCoy;

Bryan Menton, Shane McEntee;

Ethan Devine, Bryan McMahon, Thomas McGovern;
Cillian O'Sullivan, Mickey Newman, James Conlon.

Reilly on the bench, Devine gets the start
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

meathie

Hey all Donegal people here, can anybody give us any suggestions, tips for tomorrow with parking pubs etc? Have to say I haven't been to a game there before! So obviously coming from the Meath side where is best to park, will it be bottle neck traffic wise or what kind of place is it for games? Cheers

Fear ón Srath Bán

Not from Donegal, but you'll be best coming up the N2, then parking out the Strabane road, for the drive home to Meath again, back down the N2 via Strabane, Omagh, Aughnacloy, etc.

Regarding pubs, Mc Kelveys beside Jacksons Hotel is a grand spot, and you might well do worse ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

meathie

Cheers fear. Well we're coming in on n15 so thinking somewhere near lidl? Any donegal ppl in the know?

J70

Quote from: meathie on July 13, 2019, 10:54:45 PM
Cheers fear. Well we're coming in on n15 so thinking somewhere near lidl? Any donegal ppl in the know?

There's a large car park between Navenny St and Newline road, which is or the Donegal Town side, before MacCumhaill Park, but close to it. Could be full when you get there though, and it can take a while after getting back out.

You could swing around and park on the main road facing back towards Donegal Town, before heading deep into Ballybofey. Definitely make things easier afterwards. But I'm not sure what restrictions there are these days on that type of strategy. And it would be a ten minute walk to the ground.

omagh_gael

Was Jamie Brennan getting a head injury assessment there during warm up? Certainly looked like it on the TV.

Hound

Feck sake OSullivan. Very poor decision

omagh_gael

Quote from: Hound on July 14, 2019, 02:03:36 PM
Feck sake OSullivan. Very poor decision

Unbelievable. 3 on 1 and its fisted over. Surely to feck you go for goal every time there. Wooly Parkinson will be ripping.

omagh_gael

Good game here. Meath with a couple of classy points there.

Jayop

McBrearty dives and gets a knee to the head for his troubles.

Cunny Funt

McBrearty with a fine finish on that goal. Meath from just 1 point down to now 5 ahead in a flash. All scores from play so far.

Jayop

Why do the smaller meath players think they can run through the much bigger Donegal players? Stupid stuff.

J70

Good half. Donegal shading it due to McBrearty's goal and being able to get into decent scoring positions a wee bit easier.